RC Competitor

which MMM combo do i choose

I work at a hobby dealer and if i choose to go with the combo i can get it for 230 including tax when it is available. what is the speed difference between the two and i was wondering if it is possible to run NIMH batteries using those sytems. I plan to use lipos when i get more money. thanks for all of your help.

RC Qualifier
    From what I have read from castle, using inferior lipos can cause issues with the mmm, so when you go lipo, make sure to get quality batts. As for nimhs.. yes you can run them with the mmm.. but I gotta think that they would run extremely hot since the mmm draws a lot of juice depending on motor. Motor choice will depend on what you wanna do, more top end, higher kv, less torque.

RC Champion
    the 2200 kv combo is a 1515 neu clone
    the 2650 kv combo is a 1512 neu clone 1 size smaller motor than we usually use in monster trucks, better for a buggy

RC Qualifier
    Iwould'nt run NiMH Battery's with a MMM and a Nue 1515 1Y or clone I can't see them handling that kind of amp draw very well.
    I use TrueRC Lipo's without any problems,those are supposed to be bad news for your MMM,here's the thing this was old news when the first MMM V1's started going up in smoke but Patrick in a post over at rcmonster site shot that down and now a castle employee started saying that again.Here's the thing MaxAmp's and TrueRC use the same cells in there packs and the guy from castle is saying that the TrueRC cells are crap and MaxAmp's are way better the really has no cue.I cut one of my TrueRC pack's apart and my friend did the same with his MaxAmp's both packs were 8000MAH the MaxAmp's pack was a 20C and the TrueRC pack was a 15C the cells were 100% the same other than that the MaxAmp's cells had MaxAmp printed on them.The TrueRC packs are thicker and that is because they use a thin 2 sided foam Tape to help protect the cells but other than that they are the same.

RC Qualifier
    dont mean to steal your threwad but
    should i get a 2200kv combo or get a MMM and a neu 1515/1y. im not sure if massproduced 1515's would yeild the same performance
    E-REVO (my dream)
    ~neu 1515/1Y/S
    ~MMM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Dont worry about the quality of the castle motors- they are also hand wound like the real neus, and have the same larger bearings and sealed can design of the tekno neus (sort of). For half the price, its a bargain...
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Qualifier
    thanx suicideneil! ... again
    hahaha ur a great help
    E-REVO (my dream)
    ~neu 1515/1Y/S
    ~MMM

RC Qualifier
    I agree with Neil just get the castle Nue MMM motor combo,the material's used in the castle motor's are not made in China,from what I've learned from Patrick the owner of Castle said in thread over at the rcmonster forum was that most of the material's were being supplied from other country's and that it was mainly the building of the motor's and machining of them that was going to be done in china.I can't see castle or Steve Nue slapping there name on anything to make a buck,I'm not saying the power will be 100% the same but you can be sure it will be so close you won't even care.

RC Qualifier
    wait wat about this
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicideneil
    $300 for esc & motor.

The motor will be a Neu designed/licenced design, with a few alterations:

*'Blind' holes on the front for motor mounting screws- so you cant accidently screw in too far (tee hee hee, Im such a child) and damage the windings.
    *Machine wound, rather than hand wound.
    *And something else minor, cant remember.....

It wont be a true Neu, but it will be a darned site better than a feigao- comparable to a Megamotor maybe in terms of quality (very good in simple terms).

Until we have it to play with though, that is pure speculation- Neu wont put his name to any old cack though, so it wont dissappoint.
    is this still true? or is it old news
    E-REVO (my dream)
    ~neu 1515/1Y/S
    ~MMM

RC Champion
    I would go with the 2200kv choice..ive had them both...yes the 2650kv would be faster, but at the expense of higher operating temps
    Been there, done that.