RC Racer

Mamba 4600 vs VXL Motor

So I have the rare opportunity from work to borrow a VXL motor to try and test in my Slash with the Mamba Sidewinder with 4600 motor. My questions are what should I expect with going to the VXL motor from the 4600? Noticable things though, like more torque? Longer run times?
    Slash- 7.4v Lipo sidewinder 4600kV)

RC Champion
    On the same gears, the 3500 will have more torque, lesser top speed, and slightly longer run time (on the order of a few minutes, if you notice at all).

Geared appropriately for each motor, they'll be quite similar but still slightly resemble the traits listed above.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

Most likely the lower KV motor - the VXL - will have more torque and lower top speed with the same gearing. Changing the gearing will allow the motors to operate at an R.P.M. that works. A vehicle requires the same ammount of motor output power to run at a given speed, no matter what motor is being used. Watch temps, and gear to match.

There isn't a huge difference in KV between these motors, but the efficiency may make a noticable difference. Assuming proper gearing, the more efficient the motor, the longer run time and the less wasted energy (heat).

I am real curious to see how run time works out for you. So many people claim the VXL is more efficient than the Mamba motors. My limited experience with the two motors I got longer run time out of a Mamba 5700 than I did out of the VXL 3500. I was running 6 cell nimh at the time and both motors on a Mamba Max ESC.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    I'd like to see the comparision myself. I have a vxl and a 5700. I bought the vxl hoping to keep temps down (some of you may remember my temp issue). Now that I have them under control I haven't take the 5700 out.
    Get your vote on.

RC Racer
    VXl=Crap
    Sidewinder 4600=FTW

At least on my slash. The 4600 is better all around, more off the line, substantionly more top speed (with same gearing), more run time. Its just worlds better and cheaper to boot!
    Slash- 7.4v Lipo sidewinder 4600kV)

RC Qualifier
    Being that it is 1100kv lower, you will have to change the gearing aswell

RC Champion
    VXl=Crap
    Sidewinder 4600=FTW
    I'd take on your SW4600 Slash with my Rustler VXL anyday.
    Violence solves everything.

RC Qualifier
    The Mamba motors have a 380 sized rotor so they run very hot. The VXL should run cooler and be geared up enough to cover the lack in speed, just watch the rotor (they like to just blow for no good reason). A Medusa 3300 would be killer!

RC Champion
    I had the chance to run my VXL swapped Pede against a Mamba 5700 powered Slash over the weekend. Not sure what the Slash had for gearing, but he was running a True RC 4000mAh 7.4v pack on stock (just very well worn) tires and I'm running 23/90 gears with a Team Orion Rocket Pack 4600 7.2v pack on Talons. Both trucks were pretty well matched, the Slash was a bit faster and we both had traction problems. We either spun tires on pavement or the Pede had it's front end airborn