Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofster
    shouldnt i get the enerlands?
    Thunder power uses enerland cells just like poly hyperion flightpower etc. I just showed the TPs because they fit the erevo tray size. Polys a great Lipo too arguably the best, pretty much the same deal as TP just different balance taps. I just dont know if 164mm would fit the tray for sure.

RC Champion
    okay ill stick with the ones you suggested, im sure ill need to get balancing connectors and traxxas high current connectors for it...

i have the max amps lipo ac/dc charger

so 2 of those batteries, two mm escs. two 1509 1y's, that y adapter... and now i need someone to make me the unslow
    Last edited by Goofster; 08-13-2008 at 07:12 PM.
    2 VXL Rustys 3S 11.1 8000
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!

RC Champion
    okay ill stick with the ones you suggested, im sure ill need to get balancing connectors and traxxas high current connectors for it...

i have the max amps lipo ac/dc charger
    just need this then

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...ULTI-TP&cat=33

Private message Wade7575 he will make you an Unslow for you, hes the resident unslow pro lol Link
    Last edited by jayjay283; 08-13-2008 at 07:14 PM.

RC Champion
    i really really wish the max amps were strong enough... they got that really good 3year 300 cycle warranty... are the batteries im geting covered under any warranty?
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!

RC Champion
    i really really wish the max amps were strong enough... they got that really good 3year 300 cycle warranty... are the batteries im geting covered under any warranty?
    Im not sure about their warranty I believe its a 3 months defect free and 1 year 1/2 price replacement for any reason. Call the guys up at RC lipos, they are supposed to be super cool and helpful. The maxamps may work, but they drop voltage pretty bad in high amp setups and may/will set off the LVC on the esc turning off maybe only 1 esc and if you dont notice will smoke the other setup. I trip the lvc with maxamps 3s 5000s on my 7lb vxl rustler when doing 60mph and have to stop and reset it constantly...

RC Champion
    what are the specs on that max amps for the erevo... its not on their site...

is it only 20C?
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!

You said you wanted to race the Novak against the CC combo,so I saidQuote:
    Originally Posted by asheck
    OK I'll race you next week Oh wait I'm still waiting on just the esc,(the MMM)the motors will be ready the end of August,(joke because I've been waiting 4 mos or so )hit the floor as I die from holding my breath. I was not trying to say that they would be faster,or better,just that when Neil says that they are only 800 watt motors it's misleading.I would bet that the 1509 would not do that for 6 minutes.Nor would it be capable of 47 in an ervo.IMO single motor is the only way to go, K.I.S.S. (keep it single stupid )

huh ? You're waiting for what ? Whats misleading, Novaks stated watt/hp ? You know 1 vxl runs an erevo fine on a 16 tooth pinion on 3s, throw a Mamba max/bec and do it on 4s it runs even better, just like a Novak for $150 less LOL theres your k.i.s.s.... Now back to Dual Neus ripping up the erevo scene
    I know The vxl motor is not comparable to a Novak.The Vxl would be melting at about 35 mph in about 3 minutes.Anyway my main point in the beginning still stands,even though at this point it's irrelevant,the 800 watts rating of the Novak,as Stated by Neil is misleading.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Champion
    yes they're 20c 5000mah, but thats a generous estimate

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck

I know The vxl motor is not comparable to a Novak.The Vxl would be melting at about 35 mph in about 3 minutes.Anyway my main point in the beginning still stands,even though at this point it's irrelevant,the 800 watts rating of the Novak,as Stated by Neil is misleading.
    Im just messing with ya sorry, Novak just angers me because they sell a system that is just a bit too small for what its claimed purpose is yet get around it with sucking up to roar and having rules in their favor to keep things lame. If they ever make a HV system or a motor that is really a 540 and can run a 20 tooth pinion without catching on fire ill stop picking.

RC Champion
    here is rclipos warranty

Product warranty of 30 days is limited to original defects in materials and workmanship ONLY.
    Warranty does not cover collateral damage.
    Due to the nature and use of this product, there is NO term warranty.
    Misuse, abuse, incorrect charging/discharging and any other inappropriate use is not covered under warranty.
    No credit or replacement will be given until final outcome of testing.
    Packs, or cells within the pack, that have been damaged by crash or abuse will be returned at your expense.
    NO other warranty is expressed or implied.

All products returned will be checked for proper operation and examined to see if, in fact, a defect in the workmanship or with its components are present. Any product that has crash damage, alterations beyond adding a connector (unless adding the connector is cause for the failure), used in a parallel circuit (unless factory built), has abuse of any kind, or was used in applications not intended for the product will not be covered by warranty.

not to good of a warranty im thinking?
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Yeah its no maxamps warranty, no ones in the industry is, but you shouldnt ever have a problem because they are the right battery for the job. TP= 125a continuous. Maxamps 100 amp C minus their 20% buffer = 80a. Its your deal though if the warranty makes you more secure go for it, just sharing my opinions in the end its your bad boy.

RC Champion
    ill go with the thunder power, i just hope them o's dont break on me... ill be pretty heated if 31 days past and then the cells crap out

their warranty is rather unimpressive at best... but i guess ill roll the dice
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay283
    Yeah its no maxamps warranty, no ones in the industry is, but you shouldnt ever have a problem because they are the right battery for the job. TP= 125a continuous. Maxamps 100 amp C minus their 20% buffer = 80a. Its your deal though if the warranty makes you more secure go for it, just sharing my opinions in the end its your bad boy.

in your opinion if i went with the max amps... and put them on those neu 1509 1y's

how much power reduction would i see in the performance of the vehicle vs the thunder power?
    Last edited by Goofster; 08-13-2008 at 08:10 PM.
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!

RC Champion
    I dont think you will notice a performace reduction when driving normal per say. Its more when you hammer the throttle or slam on the brakes the voltage on the maxamps will drop so low that it can hit the LVC and turn off and spikes like that will kill the lipo eventually. But you'd have the warranty. When I drove a vtwin emaxx sometimes I would come in full speed and hit the brakes and the whole system would shut off and roll to me. So I bought higher C lipos. I need some lipo guru to explain it better to me and you

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay283
    I dont think you will notice a performace reduction when driving normal per say. Its more when you hammer the throttle or slam on the brakes the voltage on the maxamps will drop so low that it can hit the LVC and turn off and spikes like that will kill the lipo eventually. But you'd have the warranty. When I drove a vtwin emaxx sometimes I would come in full speed and hit the brakes and the whole system would shut off and roll to me. So I bought higher C lipos. I need some lipo guru to explain it better to me and you

i gota admit... im a lil shaky about the lack of warranty... for 400 dollars... its a heavy risk to take.

can someone chime in here and convince me not to get the max amps?
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!

Well you can look at it this way, you can buy a high quality product or you can buy a warranty on a so so product. Your paying for it whether you think so or not, I just think for what your after performance wise and the money your spending on the hardware to achieve that it doesn't make sense to have less than stellar batteries to complete the system but it's your call. Myself I would not hesitate to go Hyperion, TP. Polyquest, Tanic etc. Buy a pair of MA's and another pair of the previous mentioned packs and compare for yourself, you need 4 to continuously run anyway so gitter done lol....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by powerslider
    Well you can look at it this way, you can buy a high quality product or you can buy a warranty on a so so product. Your paying for it whether you think so or not, I just think for what your after performance wise and the money your spending on the hardware to achieve that it doesn't make sense to have less than stellar batteries to complete the system but it's your call. Myself I would not hesitate to go Hyperion, TP. Polyquest, Tanic etc. Buy a pair of MA's and another pair of the previous mentioned packs and compare for yourself, you need 4 to continuously run anyway so gitter done lol....

ill do as you said, but ill buy the max amps first... and eventually upgrade. ill start getting all this stuff on the 15 in 2 days.... im excited
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!

ill do as you said, but ill buy the max amps first... and eventually upgrade. ill start getting all this stuff on the 15 in 2 days.... im excited
    I excited for you, I wish you the best of luck with the endevor and look forward to the outcome. It's gotta be good....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah, the warrenty maxamps offers is good- lets just hope you dont have to use it, but its there all the same.

The beauty of the MM escs is the abililty to adjust the LVC level very precisely, so if you find the lvc trips a little too easily when you bury the throttle, you can always raise it a little, for those times when multiple back flip from a standing start are desired. I find rolling onto the throttle a little more gradually works best to avoid high current spikes that trip the lvc.

Gonna be a blast.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicideneil
    Yeah, the warrenty maxamps offers is good- lets just hope you dont have to use it, but its there all the same.

The beauty of the MM escs is the abililty to adjust the LVC level very precisely, so if you find the lvc trips a little too easily when you bury the throttle, you can always raise it a little, for those times when multiple back flip from a standing start are desired. I find rolling onto the throttle a little more gradually works best to avoid high current spikes that trip the lvc.

Gonna be a blast.
    would i not receive any spikes with the thunder power battery?
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You'd get current spikes from any motor- its how baddly the battery's voltage dips when the current spike occurs that is the issue. The better the battery, the better it will hold its voltage when you place a high-load on it.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    I'm ready to buy the Twin 1509's... what do i choose?

Motor Options
    Heli Version (add $10.00)
    change to Finned Can (add $9.00)
    P32 5.2 gear ratio Gearbox (add $99.00)
    P32 6.7 gear ratio Gearbox (add $99.00)
    change to 3.2mm shaft (no extra charge)
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by HoovHartid
    well, for what its worth...

I just got my MMM replacement up and running and couldn't be happier.

The ESC is taking loads of punishment and barely gets warm. My motor and batts on the other hand are warmer than I thought they would be. But still a solid system. I am beating up pretty hard, and it seems fine.

i envy you..i cant keep a MMM going for more than 5 minutes before it goes poof!
    Been there, done that.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydino
    i envy you..i cant keep a MMM going for more than 5 minutes before it goes poof!
    hey man,

whats the story there?

You have mentioned going through multiple MMM's, but I'm still wondering about the details.
    Has Patrick talked to you?
    Are they willing to take a look at your Neu?
    Are both the Emaxx and the Erevo systems having issues?
    be nice.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm ready to buy the Twin 1509's... what do i choose?

Motor Options
    Heli Version (add $10.00)
    change to Finned Can (add $9.00)
    P32 5.2 gear ratio Gearbox (add $99.00)
    P32 6.7 gear ratio Gearbox (add $99.00)
    change to 3.2mm shaft (no extra charge)
    None of the above, lol. You just need the plain old motors, none of the options are required. Only thing I would suggest or say to think about is the shaft size- 3.2mm vs 5mm. 5mm is stronger obviously, but I'd be suprised if you managed to snap a 3.2mm shaft (even if you did, neu will fix the motor for you). ordinary pinions are much cheaper than the 5mm bore variety, and given it may take a lot of experimentig to find good gear ratios, cheap to replace pinions would be a nice idea.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicideneil
    None of the above, lol. You just need the plain old motors, none of the options are required. Only thing I would suggest or say to think about is the shaft size- 3.2mm vs 5mm. 5mm is stronger obviously, but I'd be suprised if you managed to snap a 3.2mm shaft (even if you did, neu will fix the motor for you). ordinary pinions are much cheaper than the 5mm bore variety, and given it may take a lot of experimentig to find good gear ratios, cheap to replace pinions would be a nice idea.
    okay ill change to 3.2 mm

is that what the velineons are?
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep. $6 for a couple pinions each time is nicer than $20-28...

Spurs are cheap though, so its worth stocking up on all the erevo and jato3.3 ones that all fit this tranny. Weirdly, I can never find the 65t one... :/
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    okay, well i ordered the esc's today too and they are gona take 2 full weeks to get here. they are back ordered ofcorse... on their way here from china
    E-Revo / SLASH!!!!!!