RC Racer

Question on putting fans on batt compartment vent

I have been thinking of installing a fan over the battery vents. I am thinking it would be better to place the fans at the back vent pulling air away from the battery. Anyone know of think of a reason it would be better to place it on the front vent, blowing air into the battery compartment instead?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Blow, rather than suck, is better, since most fans are designed to blow air onto something- creates much better airflow than trying to suck air out of a non air-tight compartment.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I got into a whole mess of different theories about this when it came to building my computer case. Computer builders, and r/c enthusiasts are a finicky bunch when it comes to build techniques. I'll save you the reading and just simply say "neil is right".

blowing is better than sucking <---(my "Oh" face)

ha ha ha lol
    be nice.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yeah, there did seem to be some arguements as to whether suck or blow was better, but pc coling fan systems are not uite the same- the ones designed to suck air out of the case are basically like a big impeller unit, rather than a normal fan:

Most normal fans work better when they blow down onto a heatsink, cooling it down, and drawing heat away from whatever its attached to.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Racer
    Two vents per battery tray, one fan blowing in the front the other fan sucking seems the logical route. Doubt it will be long before Integy or some company releases aluminum vents with fans mounted that fit into these areas.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Suck and blow... does make sense really.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Racer
    Unforatunately only got 2 fans, will try wiring them up to blow and post some pics once done.

But I agree it shouldn't be too long before companies start making some Batt heat sinks for the ERevo.
    To write with a broken pencil is pointless.