RC Qualifier

Anyone in the US selling these and have them in stock today?

Looking for a place to order that has them in stock
    Neu 1515 2.5d & 1.5d, 2x MMM -sIck IaM

No I don't think anyone has them yet a main hobbies is the only one who has a date it's aug. 4 all the other I have seen say early Aug.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They're available means they are available to the distributors. It will probably be 4-5 days until we see them.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Qualifier
    O i cant wait 2 go to hobbytown and see one and make fun of it for bein stubby but truly like it on the inside something like a 3rd grade crush a girl has on you
    '08 Bullitt,Rusty,Revo,CR 125 modded, stock YFZ450

RC Enthusiast

Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair Ca. has one on display

As the title states, they have one on display, but I didn't check to see if they had them in stock as well.

The Slayer has nothing that will crossover from the Slash other than the body. The wheels are even different in that they appear to be the 2.2 wheels of the Slash, until you look at the suspension. The backside diameter of the wheels are the size of 1/8th scale buggy/truggy wheels. This is because the wheels have to clear the suspension arms and uprights. It appears that this could convert to a 1/8th buggy for Traxxas if they wanted to.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dion
    The Slayer has nothing that will crossover from the Slash other than the body. The wheels are even different in that they appear to be the 2.2 wheels of the Slash, until you look at the suspension. The backside diameter of the wheels are the size of 1/8th scale buggy/truggy wheels. This is because the wheels have to clear the suspension arms and uprights.
    You've enlightened all of us!
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRacer16
    lol its suddenly so clear to me.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dion
    ...The Slayer has nothing that will crossover from the Slash other than the body...
    Will the body even cross over? The Slayer has a shorter wheelbase than the Slash, so putting a Slash body on a Slayer might look a little "off"...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRacer16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix

lol its suddenly so clear to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG
    Will the body even cross over? The Slayer has a shorter wheelbase than the Slash, so putting a Slash body on a Slayer might look a little "off"...
    okay okay..what I meant was I was hoping things like the wheels, hubs, minor things would crossover.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It would be nice if some parts would for those with a Slayer and Slash.

RC Qualifier
    Not even the body from the slash can be used on the slayer. The rear end where the starter is and where the body mounts are totally different... good theory though. Not as single part can port other than you can take the revo shocks and put them on the front of the slash and it's a perfect fit almost.... you have to drill out the discs or make 4 holes and change the springs to jato springs and then swap the hollow balls from your stock slash ends onto the revo shocks and then it's a drop in Thats it though!!

Traxxas Employee
    It would be nice if some parts would for those with a Slayer and Slash.
    The bodies are from the same mold.

The tires/ wheels that will debut on Slayer WILL fit Slash. At some point, Slash will be equipped with the Slayer style tires/wheels. This will allow one style to be used for both trucks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tire Smoke

The tires/ wheels that will debut on Slayer WILL fit Slash. At some point, Slash will be equipped with the Slayer style tires/wheels. This will allow one style to be used for both trucks.
    When you say tires/wheels do you mean the rims to if so they wont work the inner diameter is bigger.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    When you say tires/wheels do you mean the rims to if so they wont work the inner diameter is bigger.
    When he says tires/wheels he means tires(rubber part) and wheels(hard plastic part, what you call rims)
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thats what I thought but would they still cross over even though the inner diameter of the rim is bigger? dosnt the Slayer use 14mm hexes like the Revo or are they 12mm?
    Last edited by Cynix; 08-02-2008 at 08:20 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So what if the inner diameter of the wheel is larger?

As for the hex, the slash is a 12mm and the slayer is a 14mm, but Traxxas is only a mouse click away from changing a few dimensions to make a 14 mm fit on the slash.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Qualifier

LOL so much for traxxas employee's knowing everything... even the pictures are different let alone the part #'s. The basic mold is the same but the slayer has a flat spot in the back where the quick start and body posts come up that is more centered.. nothing like the slash's body in that area. The rest is the same though.

The wheels use the 14mm on the slayer and the slash is 12mm so you will have to get an adapter to run these and you could do this now if you wanted but why? Traxxas should have made these 17 or 19mm and been more creative with the hub so it looked more stock and provided the better functionality of the larger hubs.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I dont know I guess nothing.
    At some point, Slash will be equipped with the Slayer style tires/wheels.
    Does this mean an updated Slash is coming?

Traxxas Employee
    I dont know I guess nothing.

Does this mean an updated Slash is coming?
    A running change will see Slayer tires/ wheels on the Slash.
    The body does differ slightly as mentioned above, but they are the same dimensions overall.
    This was intentional so that bodies, tires and wheels would be able
    to interchange.

Traxxas Employee
    LOTS of testing indicated that the larger 17mm hubs were overkill for the Slayer tires/ wheels. We try to save you money where we can.
    Last edited by Tire Smoke; 08-02-2008 at 09:03 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A running change will see Slayer tires/ wheels on the Slash.
    So it will be like a gradual change type thing.

RC Qualifier
    LOTS of testing indicated that the larger 17mm hubs were overkill for the Slayer tires/ wheels. We try to save you money where we can.
    I would have paid the $10.00 for the larger hubs.. with the 17mm and 19mm you can crank down wheels quickly and tightly and not worry about bending the small posts or messing up a bearing when pulled down too tight. It is the functionality as stated that would have made it well worth the money. Traxxas could have easily dropped a 17mm adapter on the slash as well and really been ready to move things back and forth w/o issues. PS new era makes these but splined tires and hubs would have rocked!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Traxxas did lots of testing and determined it didnt need that big of a hex and they disided that for reason. Lets not start a flame war though.
    Last edited by Cynix; 08-02-2008 at 09:21 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas did lots of testing and determined it didnt need that big of a hex and they disided that for reason. Lets not start a flame war though.
    No flaming here.. I have no doubt Traxxas tested for the cheapest part that would hold up and work w/o issues. As I mentioned above there were other reasons why they should have gone w/ the 17mm, expecially on racing trucks. Again it would have been worth the small price to have them on the much much better hub.

This is just my 2c take it or leave it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Maybe they will go to a bigger hex if the Slayer is big in racing who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fasterevo
    I would have paid the $10.00 for the larger hubs.. with the 17mm and 19mm you can crank down wheels quickly and tightly and not worry about bending the small posts or messing up a bearing when pulled down too tight. It is the functionality as stated that would have made it well worth the money. Traxxas could have easily dropped a 17mm adapter on the slash as well and really been ready to move things back and forth w/o issues. PS new era makes these but splined tires and hubs would have rocked!
    I have to agree with tire smoke on this. Their test indicated that it would have been overkill on a RTR truck. Now as alot of people know, the larger hubs are better, but arent needed. They want to make quality, yes, but also keep cost down for production and the consumer as well. Almost all their vehicles could be made bullet proof (to an extent) but then would cost so much, that not to many people could afford, or would want to buy them. Simple economics is all. Thats also the beauty of hobby grade R/C, upgrade if you feel it needs to be better.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by icepick832
    I have to agree with tire smoke on this. Their test indicated that it would have been overkill on a RTR truck. Now as alot of people know, the larger hubs are better, but arent needed. They want to make quality, yes, but also keep cost down for production and the consumer as well. Almost all their vehicles could be made bullet proof (to an extent) but then would cost so much, that not to many people could afford, or would want to buy them. Simple economics is all. Thats also the beauty of hobby grade R/C, upgrade if you feel it needs to be better.
    Exactly what I was trying to say if Traxxas says it will be an overkill than it will be.

RC Qualifier
    Exactly what I was trying to say if Traxxas says it will be an overkill than it will be.

LOL of course traxxas will say it was ok, even if it wasn't (not that I think that is the case) but they have to sell product and get it out the door and turn volume to stay in business... LOL

The fact is there is no upgrading to a 17mm because all the tires are going to be made for 12mm and 14mm with little screws holding the tires on. Traxxas should have made the "high end" 4x4 "PRO" racing truck w/ 17mm setup.. PERIOD.. if people wanted cheap they can buy a slash, if someone who owns a slash wants better they get the 17mm parts and upgrade which many would do and traxxas just made 1000's and 1000's more on optional hop ups.. This just wasn't well thought out sorry. If someone has $460 for a 4x4 'PRO' truck, another $10.00 isn't stopping them from making the purchase, thats ignorance talking.

PS this isn't a deal breaker.. I'm still making a e-slayer.. it is just the point.
    Last edited by 1fasterevo; 08-03-2008 at 07:29 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Guys sorry my thoughts on a better hub setup earned me a 28% warning.. and were not appropriate. I want to note that I never bad mouthed Traxxas, but I think my statement to Cynix was not kept in the right context. At any rate this was obviously just a bad opinion on how Traxxas could have made thousands more in hop ups and had the better 17mm hub at the same time on the pro version. I was being a poor Traxxas guest and will refrain from voicing thoughts like this in the future to avoid any mis-interpretations.

Traxxas, Traxxas Staff & fellow Traxxas Guests please accept my apologies for my arrogance. I won't post again on this thread.

Sorry and thanks.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fasterevo
    LOL of course traxxas will say it was ok, even if it wasn't (not that I think that is the case) but they have to sell product and get it out the door and turn volume to stay in business... LOL

The fact is there is no upgrading to a 17mm because all the tires are going to be made for 12mm and 14mm with little screws holding the tires on. Traxxas should have made the "high end" 4x4 "PRO" racing truck w/ 17mm setup.. PERIOD.. if people wanted cheap they can buy a slash, if someone who owns a slash wants better they get the 17mm parts and upgrade which many would do and traxxas just made 1000's and 1000's more on optional hop ups.. This just wasn't well thought out sorry. If someone has $460 for a 4x4 'PRO' truck, another $10.00 isn't stopping them from making the purchase, thats ignorance talking.

PS this isn't a deal breaker.. I'm still making a e-slayer.. it is just the point.

Thread closed as it went well off topic.

1FASTREVO might look back at the comments I placed in bold above. Challenging Traxxas' integrity, along with his insults are the reasons for him receiving warning points.