RC Turnbuckle Jr.

there`s going to be another

AS alot of us have seen Ae is sponsoring a corr truck with red bull they have an ad in the latest rc car action magazine and on there website it shows the ad. Here`s what RC car action had to say

"Team Associated has released this teaser picture of what appears to be a new CORR stadium truck on their website. No word from the A Team yet if this will be electric or nitro, 2WD or 4WD, but it does appear to be a RTR package since the windshield is all black which is common for RTR kits.

And no doubt this truck will modeled after their full scale rig sponsored by the Barlow Motorsports/Red Bull/Bosch team."
    I am getting a Slayer and Slash I will not get the New AE truck I am A die hard Traxxas fan plus Traxxas`s stuff is made much better.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    Traxxas`s stuff is made much better.
    I love Traxxas... but lets be realistic here.... Team Associated makes about the best overall "race ready" trucks on the market today.

But Cynix... I know you are a die hard fan of Traxxas.... same here!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Dont they make the only oval racer. It will probably be made to race and will lack some good features because of it.

RC Qualifier
    I just really hope there are 1 or 2 classes depending on the tracks.. a CORR open if there is low turn out.. but if there is good turn out, then seperate the 2wd and 4wd but open to any setup within them. Maybe if there is a ton of people involved they can push even further to set brushed or brushless limits. Right now though at most tracks 1:10 is just wide open to anything, and the fastests trucks don't typically win.. it's having the right mix of speed and handling and good driving skills.
    Neu 1515 2.5d & 1.5d, 2x MMM -sIck IaM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandtheft
    I love Traxxas... but lets be realistic here.... Team Associated makes about the best overall "race ready" trucks on the market today.

But Cynix... I know you are a die hard fan of Traxxas.... same here!
    They can't hold up to bashing like a TRX though.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No they cant I think they are making it to race so its going to lack some quality durable parts to shave weight and have some week spots.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    No they cant I think they are making it to race so its going to lack some quality durable parts to shave weight and have some week spots.
    Alot of people dont know this but race trucks take just as much abuse as bashing trucks do,sometimes more.
    O.S. Powered Race Revo 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I guess so but it really depends on the track and the people driving driving.

RC Qualifier
    If you land all your jumps while racing it's not all bad, it's the bad landings that will get you! Agreed though racing I'm much harder on my truck than the avg basher.. not those guys jumping houses.. but the guys doing 10mph in the back yard onto a little bike or skateboard jump.. LOL each one of are tracks 6packs are as big as those jumps are.. then when you get to the triple OMG most people who have not seen it, well their jaw hits the floor. you have to roll the first 'hill' then on the downside you need to floor it and you can just make the double, otherwise your going up/down the mountains.. it's a race winner or looser for many.
    Neu 1515 2.5d & 1.5d, 2x MMM -sIck IaM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A track by me has a triple I have not drove it yet but I am glad because I saw people racing there and they did what you said they go over the first hill than jump the double were me having never drove on a track would have gone WOT on the triple trying to clear it and probably brake something.

RC Racer
    The first thing I got seeing the AE ad was that their "Truck" is going to be a re-dressed buggy, with bumpers, a full body and scale tires. I'll have to wait and see.

After all, AE was a bit late to the MT party and they invented the Racing truck class with the RC-10T about 15-20 years ago. Such an announcement that feels so "me too", however desired, does not instill confidence.

I am actually afraid that is what AE, and possible later LOSI will deliver. Just their buggies with truck bodies and bumpers.

RC Racer
    I do not see the Slash as a "Basher" truck. More an intermediate level truck that is easy to approach and use. The way the RC industry used to be. Beginner kits could be upgraded to intermediate pretty easily. Intermediate to Advanced or Pro. and Pro to Super or Insane with some actual custom work.

Third parties love Traxxas because they are so open to upgrades, whether to make them race worthy, or just tougher for meaner bashing.

Traxxas will be the entry way and many will just upgrade to race... and be surprised how little they need to upgrade.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashmore

I am actually afraid that is what AE, and possible later LOSI will deliver. Just their buggies with truck bodies and bumpers.
    ummmm...losi's "desert" truk has been out for a while now. keepin it 100, this is traxxas and we all love our traxxas vehicles but lets not be blind to the fact of wuts goin on.
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

RC Qualifier
    losi's truck really is a poor excuse of a desert truck more of a truggy like baja truck. it is fun to drive though. slayer is cool and looks uber realistic and hopefully the ae truck atleast makes some competion for the slayer. but i can see in the next year full corr pro2 and pro 4 classes at tracks along side mt truggies and buggies.
    3905 w/MMM Combo on 4s
    I want MERV!!!

RC Qualifier
    my next r/c is gonna be a OFNA or losi buggy 1/8th hehe.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by s-maxxer
    losi's truck really is a poor excuse of a desert truck more of a truggy like baja truck. it is fun to drive though. slayer is cool and looks uber realistic and hopefully the ae truck atleast makes some competion for the slayer. but i can see in the next year full corr pro2 and pro 4 classes at tracks along side mt truggies and buggies.
    hey man....im just statin the facts. actually im wrong in one aspect(@ least my lhs says ). my lhs dude told me that the slash came 1st its just that traxxas took a while to ship em, losi shipped em ASAP. traxxas will prolly dominate this class as well

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by s-maxxer
    ok lets be honest losi doesn't claim to have a corr truck or trophy truck or anything in between. they simply call it a desert truck. too me it looks like something you would build in your garage and go jump sand dunes with. if i had to slap a name on something like that i would just call it my desert truck. so i don't see why it keeps getting compared to the slash and slayer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jusleanit
    hey man....im just statin the facts. actually im wrong in one aspect(@ least my lhs says ). my lhs dude told me that the slash came 1st its just that traxxas took a while to ship em, losi shipped em ASAP. traxxas will prolly dominate this class as well
    i meant SLAYER......

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by streetracero1
    ok lets be honest losi doesn't claim to have a corr truck or trophy truck or anything in between. they simply call it a desert truck. too me it looks like something you would build in your garage and go jump sand dunes with. if i had to slap a name on something like that i would just call it my desert truck. so i don't see why it keeps getting compared to the slash and slayer
    the looks maybe. the same reason y the jato, speed t, rustler are all compared. different BUT the same