RC Racer

revo to slayer conversion package?

Is Traxxas (or anyone else) going to make a conversion kit/package for a revo to become a slayer by any chance? because I already have a revo and don't want to buy another one just for different wheels, a-arms, body, etc. etc. etc?

Thanks
    Me ermane i a|was ee.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It uses a 2.5 chassis and different tranny with different gearing also.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC poster
    i hope they do ill buy one

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    It uses a 2.5 chassis and different tranny with different gearing also.
    Hey Cynix, speaking of a 2.5 Revo chassis, where are you at on building your Slayer? Do you have any parts for it yet or are you just saving up?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have bad news about that I told my dad my plan and he said it would cost more to build one I said I know than he said its a waste of money and to just buy one. So it looks like I am just going to buy one but maybe I will take it apart and rebuild it lol.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    I have bad news about that I told my dad my plan and he said it would cost more to build one I said I know than he said its a waste of money and to just buy one. So it looks like I am just going to buy one but maybe I will take it apart and rebuild it lol.
    Hey hey! But there's one thing that you left out. Say if I built my Revo like I just did although say I bought all the parts from the hobby store. It would have cost me around $1100.00! But I built it for $600.00 with upgrades that would have costed over $200.00 if I bought an RTR Revo. Ebay is my answer because I found parts for a quarter of the full price. I have to admit but I didn't buy enough from Ebay. Things like steel drive shafts which costed me $80.00 at the LHS were up for $22.00 on Ebay. There's alot of brand new parts on ebay from parted out RCs for a cramin' deal. Ebay is the reason why I got my Revo up and running today and not next year. I'm serious, I did calculations on how much it would cost to build a stock Revo from Ebay and it turned out to be around $380.00! I probably could have built my Revo for $510.00 for the way it is now if I got everything from Ebay.

There'll be plenty of Slayer parts on there once it's released.
    Last edited by Super RC Driver; 07-17-2008 at 12:18 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I didnt think of that I will tell him that.

RC Qualifier
    i think they'll make a kit to turn a slayer into a revo but not the other way around
    s-maxx: bone stock
    SLASH: bone stock...for now

RC Racer
    i think we will be on our own for the conversion. which is fine with me. i find the hunt for parts fun and challenging.

RC Qualifier
    I doubt you will see a kit for either.. traxxas has never released such a kit that I can recall.. why would they start now?
    Neu 1515 2.5d & 1.5d, 2x MMM -sIck IaM

RC Racer
    thats true I could just buy the replacement parts to make a slayer out of my revo.
    Me ermane i a|was ee.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm sure places like Tekno RC will have conversion kits...the same way they have a revo 2.5>>revo 3.3 conversion kit