RC Racer

Tires and rims. Inner diameter.

The inner diameter looks bigger on the inside of tire than it does on the outside. 2.2 outside, 2.8 inside????

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That looks to be the case which means aftermarket companies will have to make wheels that can clear the huge Revo axle carriers.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

Minimeman
    The inner diameter is much larger to accommodate the Axle Carrier. The outside profile needed to stay the same for the "Look" to work. It's really very clever!

BIG L
    I'm Tired of follow'in my dreams.......... I'm jus

RC Champion
    It will take some of the scale look away but you always get some nova axle extenders and then you can have a wider selection of wheels. But it may look ugly...
    O.S. Powered Race Revo 3.3

RC Champion
    Well I guess Noobs can't mount them wrong also.

I guess that eliminates a lot of aftermarket parts that are already out there....

RC Qualifier
    Yeah its interesting how they decided to stay with the Revo carriers. Can you say overkill?! But thats probably a good thing, as I bet the truck is going to be very durable like the Slash is.
    RadioControlDecals.com
    Custom Name Decals & More

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ya I am glad they did it might take after market companies a bit longer to get rims but they will.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Qualifier
    uh, I thought that you could help me figure that out.
    they could have gotten away with using a smaller carrier, without a doubt. I do sort of wish they had tried to, because I'm not buying into the whole different inner-outer diameter rims and tires, espically when it effectively limits the rim selection to one rim, at least for now.
    GOT MY SLASH AND BEATING THE LIVING POO OUT OF IT!

RC Qualifier
    A 17mm traxxas hub will easily allow a wide range of current aftermarket wheels/tires to be used.. focus on the 1/2" offset rims like the velocity series from proline. The shaft is long on the traxxas 17mm hub adapter so you may need a extra set of lugs on the inside of the tire to get the proper spacing to clear the axle but the wheels hexes are a perfect fit on the traxxas lugs if you know what I mean so it will work perfectly...

Then you really don't have a slayer anymore to run in a "stock" class which is why these trucks will be such a huge hit iMO... if that is what you are after you should just get a erevo or revo and buy a slayer body and call it a day!
    Last edited by 1fasterevo; 07-13-2008 at 09:41 PM.
    Neu 1515 2.5d & 1.5d, 2x MMM -sIck IaM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It comes stock with a 14mm hex and we aren't going to use MT wheels on a Slayer...
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRacer16
    It comes stock with a 14mm hex and we aren't going to use MT wheels on a Slayer...
    1/8 buggy LPR or Truggy LPR's are more what was in my head... much better track tires than the stock ones will be. I was just giving an idea on how to make it work if someone wanted too.. personally I think they should be left alone.. run in stock form.
    Neu 1515 2.5d & 1.5d, 2x MMM -sIck IaM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have to agree. It's so cool already. There are only a couple things I want for mine.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC poster
    traxxas isnt the first to do the large inner small outer rim thing, FG did the same with their scale 1/5th f1 nearly ten years ago.
    Frankly its the best of both worlds and brillant decision on traxxas part, you get a scale looking outside without the side effect of having a huge sidewall inner and outer.
    I think allot of people dont get the point of the slash/slayer its not for maximum performance but close fun racing that you dont have to have every new part to compete.
    I was almost burned out on the racing thing as my results were only good as long as I was spending major coin. With these cars I can finnally say the better driver won 100%