Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    lol man not at all i wish everyone would try it ones.. Its not hard building one plus its a big learning experience. I use a jewelers torch with MAPP and Oxy to get a nice hot direct flame so I can use braze rods. I could also use that torch with regular propane for a more precise flame. Maybe some day ill make these to sell.. Idk if there would be enough demand to make it worth while for me..

RC Champion
    lol if your willing to make a bunch i would probobly conisde buying one...thats once i actually buy myself a rusty
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    Ive been considering it and if I can get a big enough audience where I see that its worth it for me to make a bunch of them then ill make a jig and build a few of them..

RC Enthusiast
    im done with mine, now i have to connect it to the car. the back is easy enough, i will attach it to the rear shock tower. But the front...hm... thats gonna be tricky.
    This Rusty WILL Charge!!!

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys haven't been here in a while been out of town. Just got back yesterday. Sat down today and tore down my Rusty. Cleaned her inside out! Had the engine and carb apart into 100000 little pieces! Shes all celan now inside out and the engine got a good coat of after run oil so that now shes all set to hibernate. Shes gonna be a shelf queen till spring. Maybe over winter time ill change out some parts with aluminum and carbon fiber. Not that she doesn't have en enough. Also I might inherit a 3.3 T Maxx from a friend. That will be my next build. First thing shes gonna get is a good cleaning! Shes filthy! But that's how I like em.. Well till next time!

Love Peace and Chicken Greece!

RC Qualifier
    Love Peace and Chicken Greece!
    dude i have been saying that since i seen it on the movie The Pest.. just funny
    jato armed rusty 3.3
    :)

RC Champion
    hey m3roc what ever happened to that "secrect" build of yours.. you said you had all parts and everything and were gona finish it up on the weekend (this was like months ago lol) what ever happened to it??

RC Qualifier
    well it was supposed to be the roll cage... hmmm wat ever happen to that thing?.... Ill have to scavenge and see if i can dig it out somewhere.. I got a 3.3 Maxx from a friend today so ive been taring that thing apart and cleaning it.. busy busy..

RC Qualifier
    Looking for a new 3.3 engine for my TMaxx.. Willing to trade my 8gb Meizu M6 MP3 player plus some cash.. Let me know if anyone has a new spare laying our..

RC Qualifier
    ill post some pics of my new project soon.. its a monster..

RC Enthusiast
    is the nitro rustler worth the money?

RC Qualifier
    Just read through my whole thread or atleast look at the pictures.. If you enjoy nitro youll enjoy the rustler till the last day... I love it from day one and still do. I was selling it for about a day till i realised how much i would miss it now its a shelf queen till spring.. I can't live without that truck

RC Qualifier
    Ok so two days ago I went to my buddies house to fix his computer.. We were outside talking when I saw in his garage this T Maxx all alone just covered in filth and wanting a bath badly... Its been abused and left to die.. I couldn't let that happen.. Needless to say I took it off his hands. Its a 3.3 Nitro Rustler with reverse.. Basically its kick ars So I brought it home and started cleaning it that night. I never took a pic of when I first got it but basically you take allota oily nitro fuel and mix it with dirt and grass and just pour it on your truck.. That's what it was.. I cleaned it and gave it new life.. Here are the pics of the process and afterwords..

RC Qualifier

Last edited by M3Roc; 11-16-2008 at 05:54 PM.

RC Qualifier

Ok so that's the monster.. Its got allota work that needs to be done to it.. Well actually not alot but it needs a few small parts like the cb bearings and new braces cuz the old ones are cracked. I need to re solder the wires to the radio and make them shorter. Also im looking for a new 3.3 engine. The 3.3 in the T Maxx will most likely make its way into my Rustler Anyways tell me what you guy think!

RC Champion
    wow thats one sweet ars truck all right =P ever scince i got my rusty ive really wanted a t-maxx to make up for rustys size lol. didnt realize how small it actaully was. but i love that thing to death. do you think that i could take a slayer chasse and plop all stuf from rsty onto it? lol just a thought but watever

RC Qualifier
    I believe the slayer is a knockoff of the Rustler. Alot of the parts from the Rustler fit on the Slayer. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think it might be a Revo but I'm quite sure its the Rustler. But the thing is that if you're going to do that you might as well just get yourself a Slayer or find a rolling chassis on eBay and swap engines since the 2.5 and 2.5R will fit.

Still looking for a 3.3 engine. Anyone wish to pitch in? PM me if you wish.

RC Qualifier
    The slayer is pretty much a 2.5 Revo with shorter arms and smaller wheels. By the way, very nice T-maxx you got!
    Nitro Sport Pro. 15
    VXL BlackSlash w/ DX2.0

RC Qualifier
    Yes Army got it right. I wasn't sure if it was a knock off of the Rustler or the Revo. One way or another save your rusty and get a revo also. Why get rid of one for another I say build up a collection.. Im already on my third Traxxas vehicle and I love them both equally. Thanks for the comments guys. I just love the way this T Maxx looks and im glad that its the 4909 with all the features. Its just not the same without reverse and a 3.3 engine. Right now im working on shortening the wires to the servos and from the battery. The receiver box does not have much room in it and I want to clean up as much clutter as possible. But that's all obvious to anyone that's been following my rustler thread.. I tend to be a neat freak.. Thinking on weather or not to make away with the Opti-Drive.. I like its function but at the same time i hate it. I cant install a failsafe because the Opti-Drive has one in it but I don't like the one in the Opti-Drive. I'm sure soon enough ill make away with it. I just happen to like the blue light on the Opti. Oh well theres my little update/rant. Feed me opinions I haven't heard from you guys in ages hows everyone doing?

RC Qualifier
    I sat down for an hour and turned on the soldering iron for some intense cleanup of the wiring on the T Maxx.. I shortened down all the wires that lead to the servos to reduce clutter in the radio box. I'm very pleased with the results. Now the wires go where they belong and look right and I don't have to fold any wires to make them fit. I tested the whole system to make sure it all works and I couldn't be happier! Here are the results and an example of how much I shortened the wires.

Anyone that has a T Maxx with the Opti-Drive can appreciate space inside the radio box.

RC Qualifier
    Nice t-maxx. It's good to see a truck that was once filthy and neglected look as clean and nice as u have that thing looking. Do you plan on setting it up as an all out basher or an all-terrain truck? Also, if u choose to beef up the truck are u getting aluminum or rpm parts?
    Losi 1/18 LM, Jato3.3,Revo 2.5r, Micro-t, Losi 8.

RC Qualifier
    Right now the plan is to replace as much of the plastic parts with black RPM parts as possible. Some weak points will be swapped out with aluminum. I'm not sure what its gonna be set up like yet.. I want to Throw some RoadRage tires on it and use it as a street basher. If I do build it up for dirt and grass it will definitely be for racing then.. I wont dump that much money into it just to backyard bash and you guy's know me.. When I build up a truck I go all out.. So its gonna be a long road ahead but it'll take shape in time.. You guys should give me some ideas.. Send me some links..

RC Qualifier
    Not sure yet..

RC Qualifier
    The first thing u need is an exhaust pipe. I can personally say that my single chamber resonator does wonders in my rustler. It really gives that low-end punch for getting around turns and etc faster.

RC Qualifier
    I also read in one of the rc magazines (not sure which) that proline is coming out with some improved 150cc fuel tank for the t-maxx. Its supposed to keep ur truck running even upside down.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah shes gonna get a dual chamber Resonator.. The bent one.. A chrome one just like that THS Racing pipe on my Rustler.. Ive been wondering if anyone makes a bigger fuel tank to replace the one on there since i took off the EZ-Start Ive got that whole are I could fill.. Curious if any other tanks will fit in its place..

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys.. Been a while since ive been on here but im back and itching to get back to work.. Ive got big plans for the rustler and Tmaxx.. The rustler as of right now is running a 3.3 upgraded from the 2.5R.. I know I said I wouldn't ever put a 3.3 int he Rusty but the chance came along and I jumped at it.. Also im working on another project with the Rusty.. Wont post on that till its done.. Picked up some goodies from my LHS including some Moans and Pro Lines for $9 clearance.. Can't beat that.. Hopefully soon Ill have a 3.3 in both the TMaxx and the Rusty.. Till next time!

RC Champion
    1.tip you will go a lot faster with trinity monster horsepower.and using 2.8in rims its better...pro line makes them and it also looks a lot better
    if its fast its a rustler

RC Qualifier
    sweet m3roc! this post is awesome and i think im gonna start one of my own sometime. these posts are from 08 bro, lets get some 09 pics in here?!
    *Signature Pending*

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by powerfreak
    sweet m3roc! this post is awesome and i think im gonna start one of my own sometime. these posts are from 08 bro, lets get some 09 pics in here?!
    yah man a new year new truck(s) right!

RC Qualifier
    hey again m3roc. i was just lookin over your rollcage you made for your rusty and i had a couple of suggestions for ya. i see that you didnt make a mount for the front or middle sections of your cage and that its resting on the front shock tower...not smart. that shock tower really isnt that strong, and the cage should be mounted on the front bulkhead. i saved ur pictures and edited them on paint to show you what I think should be done in red lines...

im not a master frame fabricator cause there is a lot of math that goes into custom building a frame, but thats probably a little bit more what mine would look like.
    *Signature Pending*

RC Qualifier
    To be honest I don't think ill be finishing the frame. Its been sitting on the side collecting dust since I last touched it. Seems a waste it was fun and an experience building it. If anyone's interested shoot me a PM.. BTW my skpye name is the.fireman87 if anyone is ever on it.. I'm gonna take some pics tonight of the rustler with my new cannon camera.. I'm still waiting for the new parts for the new 3.3 to arrive. As of right now the Rusty is boasting a massive 3.3 that came out of my T-Maxx.. Ive got the 2.5 sitting patiently and looking for a new frame to drop into. Possibly looking for a 4-tec.. Anyone have any ideas drop me a clue...

RC Qualifier
    4 tec would be cool. Maybe even a n.pede.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Roc
    To be honest I don't think ill be finishing the frame. Its been sitting on the side collecting dust since I last touched it. Seems a waste it was fun and an experience building it. If anyone's interested shoot me a PM.. BTW my skpye name is the.fireman87 if anyone is ever on it.. I'm gonna take some pics tonight of the rustler with my new cannon camera.. I'm still waiting for the new parts for the new 3.3 to arrive. As of right now the Rusty is boasting a massive 3.3 that came out of my T-Maxx.. Ive got the 2.5 sitting patiently and looking for a new frame to drop into. Possibly looking for a 4-tec.. Anyone have any ideas drop me a clue...
    hey il take thr cage off ya i wouldnt mind having one. and it would be put to use instead of just collecting dust

RC Qualifier
    i wouldnt mind the roll cage too =P
    *Signature Pending*

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone wana trade anything? PM me if you do..

RC Champion
    hmm, i dunno trade but if you really dont want it PM me

RC Qualifier
    ive got an....airbrush!!! =P

lol jk
    *Signature Pending*

RC Qualifier
    lol DEAL! I ones did airbrushing at school it was fun.. Maybe some day ill get an airbrush kit myself..

RC Qualifier
    Some new aluminum parts were recently put on. Here are some updated pics..