Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    RC Qualifier
    Also some new parts for the engine arrived in the mail today..

RC Champion
    sweet man...looks great. Nice and Clean.

Can wait to see what comes next..I have enjoyed following along with you and your rustler. I know that sounds weird, but it is cool to watch as someone mods n builds on their vehicles.
    Rustler VXL, Emaxx, Stampede XL5, Bandit, and MERV

RC Qualifier
    To be honest, there have been times when Ive sat down and gone through the whole post myself. Its amazing to see the transformation that the car went through... Ive got a few more things to come for the car. Always improving something always thinking forward.. Right now my big thing is getting the new 3.3 in there.. ones that happens, Ill work on the radio portion.. Soon enough this will be the perfect road going rustler in my eyes.. I do appreciate the feedback, it helps me figure out what's to come and where the car is headed..

RC Qualifier
    u should mod your engine m3r. i hav a post in the TRX engines forum and someone posted a really good link on how to expand the crankshaft and polish everything so the fuel that already moves at 216MPH in the crankcase moves even faster. dont do it until after u break it in tho lol. i already grinded and polished the crankshaft but i hope that doesnt hurt it when i break it in lol.
    *Signature Pending*

RC Qualifier
    Lol thanks for the idea but to be honest im well enough with the power I get from the 3.3.. Im not looking for anything too crazy.. Ill start swapping gears ones it gets warmer out and I start running again.. If anything ill swap in a road going O.S. engine for higher RPM.. Still working on a two speed that I could mate to the truck... That's gonna be a tough one but if I could do it then it would be nuts!! I still don't understand why the Rustler didn't get a two speed.. Like for a street version..

RC Qualifier
    nah, its been tried already man. by me and many others. you could talk to that one guy that can put anything on any car. he said he could design a 4x4 for the rustler. i think he only specializes in electric tho, and he would probably charge u an arm and a leg. he said he would charge $350 for the 4x4 setup
    *Signature Pending*

RC Qualifier
    If I really sat down and looked at the truck I could prolly design a 4x4 system too.. Not my point.. I want a 2 speed that ive been working on for a while now.. Eventually Ill get the parts I need and get two new shafts machined.. Just not ready to spend the money yet. Plus for $350 I could just pick up a T-Maxx that's already 4x4, there's no incentive.. The only 4x4 I really care about is my 4-Tec but that's just cause its a beast..

RC Qualifier
    oh, where u getn ur parts machined?
    *Signature Pending*

RC Qualifier
    Gotller's machining.. Its a small local based machine shop.. I use to have parts made for me there when I worked as a repair mechanic for a heat treating company..
    Last edited by M3Roc; 01-27-2009 at 04:11 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Can you say Jato-Killer ?
    Nice looking Rustler when you get the 3.3 in there you gotta get that clocked.
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

RC Qualifier
    Lol I picked up a bigger CB and smaller spur gear today.. With all that extra torque I got from upgrading, I should be able to hit some good high's.. Can't wait till summer gets here so I can finally break in the new 3.3... Gonna think about throwing some anacondas on the rear end..

RC Qualifier
    NO DONT DO ANACONDAS!!!!!!!!! you'll do nothing but spin them even with traction compound on them. take it from someone with experience!!

i wouldnt even suggest the traxxas talons. look for somethin aftermarket.
    oh yea! u hav to ask them to make me steel idler gears and steel differential gears =D
    *Signature Pending*

RC Qualifier
    Lol to be honest those would be fairly easy to make on your own... Wax casting.. Actually now that I think about it, don't do it.. You'll never get a perfect balance and the vibration will "sonically" blow up your transmission when you're running full speed.. Ive done wax casting but not for gears.. To high of a tolerance level that wax cannot recreate.. What's wrong with the ones you have?

RC Qualifier
    Like powerfreak said, no anacondas! Every time me and my dad drag race my rrustler vs. his Jato I beat him off the start every time. The reason being anacondas dont hook up well at all. If u want a super-awesome road tire, get jaco foams.
    Losi 1/18 LM, Jato3.3,Revo 2.5r, Micro-t, Losi 8.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by powerfreak
    i wouldnt even suggest the traxxas talons. look for somethin aftermarket.
    ummm talons r great... but if on-road there crap oveously because there off-road tires its like trying to go mudding with slicks on, it just dosent work
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    I had anacondas on my old Rustler VXL for street use and thought they were fairly good now they are on my Jato spec RC-10GT and i still like them i think they hook up fairly well but i know theres better on the market.
    Last edited by traxxas basher; 01-28-2009 at 09:21 PM.
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

RC Qualifier
    Ive been thinking about the foams.. The only issue is that they come pre glued to some ugly wheels.. No real big issue, I just wish you could glue then onto standard 2.2's or 2.8's... Aside from that, I'm quite happy with my Road Rage 2's.. With proper camber, I can get those tires to hook down quite well and when going full speed they balloon out anyway. The non balloning factor is what really would push towards foams..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Roc
    Ive been thinking about the foams.. The only issue is that they come pre glued to some ugly wheels.. No real big issue, I just wish you could glue then onto standard 2.2's or 2.8's... Aside from that, I'm quite happy with my Road Rage 2's.. With proper camber, I can get those tires to hook down quite well and when going full speed they balloon out anyway. The non balloning factor is what really would push towards foams..
    talk to grandtheft for jaco foams he runs then and likes then and they look real sharp

RC Qualifier
    +1 for foams!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Losi 1/18 LM, Jato3.3,Revo 2.5r, Micro-t, Losi 8.

RC Champion
    Hey, how long do those Foams last? are these basically the Jaco's? A friend of mine got some Foam buggy tires for his Pede, and he's not all that jazzed up about them. Seems Jaco is hit and miss on wear too.
    ERBE, E-Slayvo Pro, Ext Stampy, 2xMERV's.

RC Champion
    i rember this fourm from a long time ago...i rembered as soon as i saw it the discharging light bulb scrolled down and there it was
    if its fast its a rustler

RC Champion
    but my anacondas suck with the 2.5 they spin like crazy but as soon as i put my 3.3 in it they were good...get the 17mm hex adaptors from new era models and get the pro line 1/8th scale BUGGY road rage you would have crazy top speed with those things

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrorustler135
    but my anacondas suck with the 2.5 they spin like crazy but as soon as i put my 3.3 in it they were good...get the 17mm hex adaptors from new era models and get the pro line 1/8th scale BUGGY road rage you would have crazy top speed with those things
    Already tried that, doesn't work. I used the 1/8th buggy foams with the 17mm hex adapters. The engine will rev really high, but you wont get any high end top speed. The tires are too big for the gearing ratio.

RC Champion
    woah the thread lives on.. any new projects coming along m3roc? hope to see some soon, there always quite interesting to follow

RC Qualifier
    its getting warm outside.. ive been twiddling with the rustler for a while now indoors.. The biggest things ill do to it this year is create a mounting bracket up front for the battery and install a 2.4GHz radio.. Possibly throw on a new pair of wheels.. IF you guys haven't been following along, Ive added a 3.3 TMaxx to my collection as well as a brand new 3.3 engine for my rustler.. I bought new gears too.. 22cb and 66sg.. Maybe ill get a lil faster.. With all that torque the 3.3 has I shouldn't have too many issues getting it up to speed.. Also I will be converting the TMaxx to street.. Road Rage wheels and gonna lower the suspension and put stiffer springs on it.. Also gonna install a 2.4GHz radio in it..

RC Champion
    ohh t-maxx project sounds cool, should call it streetmaxx

RC Qualifier
    I think that would be an appropriate name.. Unless i wake up in the middle of the night with a spark of brilliance and something better happens to come out of my mouth... This one is gonna cost me my good arm and leg..

RC Champion
    o...i have the 14mm hex adaptors and i use my e-savage tires because i can find liek an rims with like enough offset to not rub against the header but it does and its barly noticeable and it gets through snow without a sweat

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys sorry all the pics are gone here, I accidentally took down the Photobucket thread. Anyways, my Rustler and another car were stolen from my car at a track and I sold my old T-Maxx after that. Im selling my current T-Maxx since im switching to road racing electric. Check it out, its one clean animal. If I ever find the pictures of my old rustler, ill post them back up here.