Thread: jato 3.3 tuning

alanquigtar

jato 3.3 tuning

hey I am having trouble tuning my engine i think im leaning my hsn too much but I cant tell. I have it in about a full turn from the stock setting. is this too much or is about right?? also i leaned it till the engine started too bogg at high speed then i richened it about 2/8th of a turn. with this setting i set the the lsn till it cuts out at about three seconds when fuel line pinched whats wrong is that the idle is too high and wong go down when i try to adjust the idle needle. also it seems to have had more torgue in the low end with the stock settings. so i think im leaning out my hsn needle too much. please just tell me how many turns is your hsn set at thx-alan

RC Qualifier
    as long as you have smoke coming out of the pipe your fine. I have my hsn like 3 turns out from closed and my lsn is about stock.

It sounds like you need 2 richen the lsn. Take the air filter off and put the idle screw till its .7mm - 1 mm out and then richen the lsn and you should be good
    First race/Stock Losi 8ight/finished 2nd

RC Enthusiast
    yeah man its hard when your first learning but you might want to start over from factory setting i belive its 4 turns out from closed on high end and 1.5 on low just find a nice BIG place to open her up once you got the high speed where you want it adjust the low end and like he said your opening on the carb will end up at about 1mm just eye ball it it might sound high but as long as your car is not rolling at idle your fine!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    best to just start from factory again

RC Qualifier
    yeah its you low needle. You will knowq when u got that set when ur acceleration is like a touch on the throttle an it jumps out. Remember ItS JATO!!! if it doesnt jump out from the blocks keep tuning until it does
    O.S.|HiTech|RPM|THS|50wt

RC Qualifier
    i wish i had a digital video camera, i wanna shoot my revo and jato,both are runnin so great right now since i retuned them. im thinking about charging the video camera on my cc lol
    First race/Stock Losi 8ight/finished 2nd

RC poster
    Whats the idle factory setting?