RC Racer

Stickers on Slash

I noticed as I went through looking at the Slash gallery that some have what appear to be "black out" stickers in place of the headlights. I also noticed that some have tail light stickers. Did these trucks come with these? Mine did not. I was curious where people were getting these.

BTW...the Slash is awesome! I got one about a week ago. I'll be getting another one shortly so that me and my son can bash together. Can't wait!
    Last edited by rcobssessed; 07-01-2008 at 10:48 PM.

I got taillights with mine. the blackout headlights were already on it. It should have been 2 sheets that came with it, including race numbers, fuel cell/roll cage/ cooling fans for the back.

RC Racer
    That's weird. Mine had headllights already on it, not black outs. All the window stickers were already on, as well as the fuel cell, roll cage and cooling fans. The only sticker sheet I got was the numbers and some additional Traxxas.com stickers. No tail lights and no black outs.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcobssessed
    That's weird. Mine had headllights already on it, not black outs. All the window stickers were already on, as well as the fuel cell, roll cage and cooling fans. The only sticker sheet I got was the numbers and some additional Traxxas.com stickers. No tail lights and no black outs.
    Same here.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Racer
    If you peel the headlights off carefully, you should have the blackout stickers underneath - mine did. Look and see if you can see the edge of a second decal before you try. I did not get taillight decals, and all of my decals except the numbers & "Slash" logos were pre-applied and were a bit off-center & bubbled.

(hint to Traxxas employees - I'd rather apply my own, I'm kinda uptight that way...)
    Dirk
    Slash,#3905 E-Maxx,Rustler,Stampede,9 more

RC Racer
    It doesn't sound as if there is any rhyme or reason to the way the stickers were applied or for that matter, what stickers actually came with the truck. I wonder if the actual color of the truck had anything to do with it. Mine was the silver and red.

RC Racer
    Mine was the red (less silver) version - red radio channel. I would have liked to have gotten tail-light decals. After I peeled my regular headlight decals off, I stuck them to the plastic bag that the paperwork came in... I like the blackout headlights much better. I also heard the clear bodies don't come with window painting masks or the full decal set, either. Major downer!
    Dirk
    Slash,#3905 E-Maxx,Rustler,Stampede,9 more

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a primary silver and blue body.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Competitor
    I have primary silver and little blue i did get 2 sheets. The head lights and tail lights were blacked out and only Traxxas sticker on the side. One sheet all numbers and Traxxis stickers and second sheet lights and fans. i put the small Traxxas stickers on the blacked out lights and only put on the Fan sticker. WOW this is really strange. Stickers on, some stickers on. no stickers on just black out ??????
    Speed is not expensive but it can be costly

RC Qualifier
    Mine came with the single number sticker sheet, no black outs or tail lights or anything. The roll cage decals were pre-applied along the with the Traxxas decals on the side and rear fenders. I really wanted the blacked out lights, but I didn't get them... I would far rather put my own decals on too... They should just stick a sheet or two of decals in the box and leave the body completely decal-less so I could do it myself, that would have been a lot better.

RC Qualifier
    Mine came with blackouts installed, and the headlights and tail lights on the decal sheet (now on the truck) The window decals were all on except the rear quarter windows, and the bed decals were not applied but included. Mine also was the red channel 2 version.
    RadioControlDecals.com
    Custom Name Decals & More