Good for bashing?

So I currently own a rusty vxl with badlands all around that I only use for bashing. I was wondering how you guys feel about the slash as a basher? I like to hit big jumps and land from 5-8 ft in the air all the time with my rusty and it seems to take a beating well. Anyone beat the tar out of a slash yet and how does it hold up? Also, how do they handle in the air?

RC Qualifier
    I would stick with your rustler. The slash has smaller wheels and I don't think it can take that much of a beating.
    hate when I spend $, but love to build and run it.

RC Competitor
    i agree the Slash is not a basher just a fun runner although i do like pestering my friend when he runs his T-Maxx 2.5 I put a Velineon brushless in it and it is quick too quick for the T-Maxx to catch my friend says it is like having a chiwawa nipping at your heel he is just not quick enough to kick it
    Speed is not expensive but it can be costly

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    the slash is a superb basher and a superb racer. mine has taken some severe hits. including some wild wrecks and some hard crashes into walls and other vehicles. and stil lit keeps going. only weak part is the titan motor. remember the slash has nearly 4 inches of ground clearance. and 4 inches is aobut what the traxxas mosnter trucks have. and using alot of rustler parts helps alot.
    Last edited by 69Malibu; 07-02-2008 at 12:27 AM.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    but the surface bite of the wheels are smaller than regular monster trucks.
    hate when I spend $, but love to build and run it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i know. the slash still is an excellent basher

RC Qualifier
    My slash seems to take alot more of a beating then my rustler.. so ya, I'd say the slash can be a basher... I actually prefer to bash with my slash over my rustler...built a huge ramp for it too.
    FLM Rustler VXL / SW Slash / Micro DT / Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    well if your just going to bash you can get new wheels and tires to suit the terrain cause i would choose my slash over a rustler cause it will take a beating and keep on going
    .___/ ```i____"""""""ex racer
    [_^______ ^ _]Now RCdrifter & Revo
    .( o )____( o )___Backyard basher

RC Champion
    The Slash can definitely take a beating, but I don't think it would make a good basher. Go with a Stampede - it has better clearance and jumps better. It makes a good companion to the Rustler, it works better on surfaces that aren't as smooth.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    wrath the stampede only has aobut a half inch of gorund clearance on the slash. and the slash flies perfect in the air almost every single time. unless you mess up by hitting the brakes or something. truck flies perfectly level most of the time. i jsut looked it up and the stampede has 4 inches of ground clearance. and the slash has over 3 and a half.
    Last edited by 69Malibu; 07-02-2008 at 10:40 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Malibu
    wrath the stampede only has aobut a half inch of gorund clearance on the slash. and the slash flies perfect in the air almost every single time. unless you mess up by hitting the brakes or something. truck flies perfectly level.
    mine is stock and nose dives, throttle on or off in the air...

i think i need to adjust the suspension.. i think the rear is to popping up on ramp take off...

RC Champion
    Well I have a Rustler, Stampede, and a Slash, and in my opinion the Stampede is the best basher by far out of that selection. 1/2" of clearance or no, it runs much better through grass and over small rocks.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    okay wrath i will acknowledge the grass and rock part. however if you get some speed going the slash will move through grass pretty easily. and form my experience it is only really tall grass it struggles with.

RC Racer
    Lol reading this post you can tell that malibu69 REALLY love his splash !

i have a revo, a VXL stampede and a splash and really the slash is the
    worst for bashing...it has small wheels, it's too heavy, not powerfull enough
    and i already broke 2 sets of front arm, and 2 shocks ...i honestly think it's
    a very fun truck to race but for bashing really this one can't be up to the job
    mostly due to his weight vs. the strengh of the parts used on it...

So, i say if you can affort a 450+$ vehicule go for a revo, if not go for a stampede for bashing it's better...but sux at the track

RC Champion
    Oh yeah it's not a dig on the Slash, it's currently my favorite RC, but I put it on the track. Off the track on open spaces it's really out of it's element - you can have fun with it, but if someone wants to get an RC specifically to bash with I wouldn't point to the Slash.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Competitor
    Ok, this is the 3rd draft of what I was going to write. I find myself going back and forth.

With the right terrain I love the slash over the stampede. I feel like I can walk away from more crashes due to the bumpers and nerf bars. It's awesome to jump and a blast on gravel and baseball fields.

However, I find times where the terrain is a little to rough (taller rocks, logs) or the grass to tall and I wish I had my stampede. The stampede is more diverse but when the terrain is right, the slash is more fun.

RC Qualifier
    It's all about the terrain when it comes to having a blast with the Slash...Big Rocks, Tall Grass, Long straightaways...... leave the Slash at home, but the shorter track, gravel, dirt, bring it with you and have a great time.......
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Racer
    Indeed, but when we think about bashing, what do we think of??

Sand pit, with huge sand Dune,big rocks, Jumps, huge bumps,
    Tall Grass,Wood, Water, Dogs, Cats and many other hazardous element
    that don't mix very well with the slash

RC Racer
    I recently sold off my Pede in favor of the Slash. Seems to be much more forgiving and less likely to roll on a hard turn then the Pede.

It does fly nice too.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by YansagRevo
    Indeed, but when we think about bashing, what do we think of??

Sand pit, with huge sand Dune,big rocks, Jumps, huge bumps,
    Tall Grass,Wood, Water, Dogs, Cats and many other hazardous element
    that don't mix very well with the slash
    Yeah it really depends on your level of "bashing".

The most bashing I do is off of a 1 foot ramp I made.

RC Champion
    The slash is what it is, I love mine but it struggles in grass and is just not meant to take big jumps. Mine bottoms out a lot, a stampede or rustler are just much better jumpers. Also since the rusty doesn't cover the wheels you can throw on some talons or mosbs and be an awesome grass truck. But even stock the rustler is better in grass.

But with that being said I am selling my rustler and keeping the slash, its a really fun truck, just has its limits.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon