Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Champion
    I believe there is a fine line for posting photos of your project or truck on someone else's build thread, especially when no one asked to see it. If the thread oringinator asked, specifically, about an X, Y, or Z part, which you have installed on your truck, and so you show him the fittment of it to aid in the decision or set-up of his own, then that is okay. Or, maybe there is some subject material that fits within the theme of the original thread and discussion. All that is cool with me, but then there comes along a guy who thinks he needs to post 7 photos of his truck, in your thread, when you didn't ask him too!

I don't mind guys sharing photos of interest, like ' hey, you've inspired me to build my own Revo and here are a couple photos of it', or 'can you help me out, this is what I have', but some people push it way to far. Case in point, check my old thread out - http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...=408704&page=2

And then when someone comments on your truck, shouting out to your screen name, the same guy butts in again and makes sure everyone know's it's his truck, he posted photos of.

Can you see what I mean? Whew, that's been bugging me for a while now. It's good to get it off my chest.
    Last edited by Shelby VNT; 08-01-2008 at 11:50 AM.
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Champion
    Also as a viewer of the thread , you do not want to see some other truck, you want to see the builders work .

RC Racer
    G'day all,

If I may.....As I was reading my way down,I was excited as I was about to see Bradus' new anodized chassis.I was then dissapointed to see that they didn't load up.But after reading on a little more,I realised that they had,And have been removed,Obviously by Bradus due to comments posted.

I am aware that anyone can post what they like here,And all additions are welcome.As I have previously mentioned,I appreciate all comments and suggestions,Both positive and negative.

I see someone sharing a few pics,Links or even vids for that matter,As being no different.

Although I may have started this thread.....I don't own it.....

It's owned by the people,The fans of custom,The fans of Revo.

Bradus,
    Feel free to post ya pics here mate......I'd like ta see how ya parts came out.

Regards. 3.3
    TRAXXAS...................Should be :- KIXXAS.

RC Champion
    3.3, I absolutely admire what you just posted, it is the truth these are public threads. Keep the pics coming friends, we all enjoy them.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.3
    G'day all,

If I may.....As I was reading my way down,I was excited as I was about to see Bradus' new anodized chassis.I was then dissapointed to see that they didn't load up.But after reading on a little more,I realised that they had,And have been removed,Obviously by Bradus due to comments posted.

I am aware that anyone can post what they like here,And all additions are welcome.As I have previously mentioned,I appreciate all comments and suggestions,Both positive and negative.

I see someone sharing a few pics,Links or even vids for that matter,As being no different.

Although I may have started this thread.....I don't own it.....

It's owned by the people,The fans of custom,The fans of Revo.

Bradus,
    Feel free to post ya pics here mate......I'd like ta see how ya parts came out.

Regards. 3.3
    Thanks mate. I didn't think you'd mind but I delete them to save on TP.
    Anyway like i said before the pushrods and toe links aren't the best, but the rest are great.

for some reason the welds on the pipe didn't take the ano dye

oh btw if you want any more Rit dye I've scene the black liquid at safeway in with the laundry powder, and I found the dye powder at the local craft shop
    Last edited by Bradus; 08-02-2008 at 08:20 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Any update??? Yins guys are the only reason I still visit the traxxas forum....lol.

heres a pic of my cooper chassis.........enjoy

we should start a club of people with custom colored chassis....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    good job!........
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

RC Enthusiast
    My chassis is blue, that's custom.....right?!

Nice pics.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not sure if anybody has seen these yet but rd racing came out with orange carriers,might be a nice finish for some of you guys!!

http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info...oducts_id=3070
    About 50mph,Over $1000,very far,Nitro,No you cant!

RC Qualifier
    So, are you done yet? I want to see it finished, then dirty.
    REVO 18TZ
    SLASH 4x4 - Selling

what nuts do you have? i've been looking for some for a while now and once i saw those i just fell in love and i can't find them anywhere!
    Last edited by Andromeda; 08-13-2008 at 04:26 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda

what nuts do you have? i've been looking for some for a while now and once i saw those i just fell in love and i can't find them anywhere!
    i believe he is using these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUTG9&P=ML just had them anodized red with the rest of his parts.

3.3... just like the others i have to say job well done with entirely new color scheme and the attention to details... great job! can't wait to see it when it is finished.

i myself want to get away from the blue too.. it gets old quick, especially if you don't care for blue lol

RC Racer
    Hi all,
    I've just done a massive ammount of overtime at work,And now it's all finally finished,I hope to put some more time into project...Romeo..Echo..Delta..

Got Nitro,
    My header is from the Platinum,And the spring is taken from the Trinity header.I'll chat about OCD and my build at the end of this thread..LOL..

Speedy Mods,
    Thanks mate glad ya like her.There is no doubt there are some guys that are way more talanted than me.I do have patients in my arsenal though,And have on more than one occassion have been described as pedantic.

Trxmh,
    Thanks dude,Just wanted a bit of somethin different.

Hi Shelby,
    In a way I can understand your frustration,In regards to your above post.In a perfect world there would be just pics and info from the builder on his or her project.I agree that it would be easier to gaze upon the project and digest the info and decissions if this were the case,But as the threads are able to be accessed by anyone at anytime,Threads on public forums will never be pure,So to speak.

Even with the outside additions to your (Building The Revo) thread.I have found it to be very informative,And entertaining.A thoroughly documented build,And your consistant responses to questions asked are great.

Anyone who has taken the time to actually read your thread,Will be able to distinguish your work throughout it quite easily.

Hi Zoraduntov,
    You also seem a little frustrated.I can only recommend that you just skip the bits you don't want to see,Or read.On the positive side,You may just stumble across something that intrests you.I have found several things that have intrested me while veiwing unrelated threads.The screw kit I'm using is from a guy here in Australia...R/C Raven. www.rcraven.com

Howdy PNT,
    Just speakin my mind.Thanks for ya hummbling comments.

Supp Bradus,
    Thanks for takin the time to repost ya pics.Looks like ya parts came out nice.Why is it you are a little dissapointed with the toe liks and pushrods?They look sweet to me.

Hi Kid,
    Thanks mate...I seen your copper chassis when you first posted up the pics of it.....It is unique,And definantly cool.....Sweet ride man.

AK,
    Not quite,But I'm workin on it.

Andromeda,
    They are from the Platinum Edition,And I've had them anodized red.

Broke College Boy,
    Thanks,I'm pretty keen myself to get her rollin.But time is my enemy,I can't seem to find much lately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have done a couple more parts,They are the fuel tank and the battery/Receiver box.

Tank...I've swapped over to the Platinum 150cc tank for the extra capacity,And completed a few changes.

The filler cap was removed,And just below where it hinges,The two lugs that limit it's opening where cut off and sanded flat.This allows the tank lid to be opened a little further for cleaner refills.The lid was then refitted with a stainless shoulder screw that was cut to the exact length required.A shoulder screw was used so there is no thread in the section where the closing spring contacts the screw.This eliminates the minor binding that would occur if a normal threaded screw was used.

Two 6mm stainless cap screws were also used to fix the bash plate beneath.

I also had to fire up the stove once more and dye the blue rubber tank mounts black.

Battey/Receiver box...
    Not much to report here othere than wireing.As there isn't a great deal of room in the box,I decided to shorten all the wires attached to the on/off switch to free up some room.They were all cut back to be as short as pratically possible.The first pic below is of the wires cut to lenght.I then fired up the iron,Tined the ends of the shortened plug leads,And removed what was left of the original wires attached to the switch.I then soldered my custom lenghts to the switch.

I've also rerouted the antenna wire to protrude through the end of the receiver box as opposed to routing through the top.The antenna wire was also shortened to Spektrums' recommended minimum 3.6" lenght.

The final pic shows the box with receiver,Battery,And switch fitted and connected.The finished product is very tidy.I am pleased.

Hope to find some more time soon. Cheers. 3.3
    Last edited by 3.3; 08-23-2008 at 02:33 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradus
    Thanks mate. I didn't think you'd mind but I delete them to save on TP.
    Anyway like i said before the pushrods and toe links aren't the best, but the rest are great.

for some reason the welds on the pipe didn't take the ano dye

oh btw if you want any more Rit dye I've scene the black liquid at safeway in with the laundry powder, and I found the dye powder at the local craft shop
    what color is your chassis? i kno its black, but what? gloss, semi gloss, low gloss, outlaw, flat or metallic?

RC Racer
    Wow. Very nice looking revo 3.3, 3.3. Does that chassis and bulkhead braces look a little hot pink to you? It might just be me or maybe because of the flash. Also, did you polish your trinity pipe?
    Me ermane i a|was ee.

RC Qualifier
    Can we have an update? You and Bradus got me all hyped up about going with a different color scheme.

RC Racer
    G'day FyrFytr998,
    I have been snowed under with my new baby girl ,College ,And work for what seems an eternity.I now have two weeks off,And I hope to get more done.....Hopefully finish her off,And get her dirdy.

Glad ya likein the build. Cheers. 3.3

RC Qualifier
    You got to be kiding me!
    Thats just tooo perfect lol
    Love how u pay atention to details, your receiver box is so clean! haha

Im working my way to a black revo...
    Need to find someone to anodize my chassis and some other parts
    but here it is
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=448751

Keep it up, perfect build and picturs, and revo lol
    Kyosho Fw05T+...Nitro Rusty 2.5...Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    oh man i hate and love you at the same time! haha this looks so freakin sick! ALL the parts you did i was gonna do too, plus the header, and the wrench plus some GTR shocks! im so mad at that **** annodizer now cuz pink looks awesome!

RC Competitor
    hey man great ideas they look sweet

RC Qualifier
    Hey man I love that red head on that 3.3! I want to do the same. I need to find someone local that can anodize my chassis black and the head red.

RC Champion
    I have an anodized red 3.3 exhaust pipe and header that has never been used.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Racer
    Congrats on the new baby girl! This truck is amazing, I'll have to keep checking in for updates.

RC Competitor
    They 3.3 I really like the dying you did with the rubber boots and wanted to include it in my build... Just wondered what kind of dye you used. I dont think I will go with black as I want to bring attention to these parts. Thanks man. Nice build by the way.

RC Champion
    I like the way you roll!