RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.

2 stripped spurs in no time at all

well had the slash out today. and stripped my only 2 spur gears i had. not sure what the cause is. possibly getting stripped due to the gear cover not being installed.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    thats prob a big part of it, also check your slipper clutch, and if your jumping dont be holding full throttle when you land
    .___/ ```i____"""""""ex racer
    [_^______ ^ _]Now RCdrifter & Revo
    .( o )____( o )___Backyard basher

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Malibu
    well had the slash out today. and stripped my only 2 spur gears i had. not sure what the cause is. possibly getting stripped due to the gear cover not being installed.
    hmmmm... what are you running again? brushless???

on dirt or crete??? why are you running with the cover off?? lost it? forgot it?

Also, did it flat spot it??? mine has a total flat spot about 1" on it...

it's like it just took all the teeth off in that section...

Loosen the slipper a little, mine came locked down. I also installed the RPM gear cover. You have to do some dremeling on the rear bumper to get it to fit, but it is a totaly sealed unit unlike the stock cover. Also the stock pinions are made out of soft metal and wear real fast if you get anything in there, I upgraded to some robinson racing pinions.

RC Champion
    Most likely either the mesh was too far apart, the motor screws were not tight (which allows the mesh to come apart slightly), or a bit of dirt in the pinion. I clean out the pinion with a small flat screwdriver now and then to be sure it stays clean. A little rock or bit of sand in there will wreck a spur quick.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i will check everything suggested. and will also perform full maintenance on the motor. i had no air time at all. thinking msot liekly slipper, dirt, and mesh all had a part in destroying both gears.

RC Qualifier
    If your going to run with the gears exposed you might want to try jato gears instead. I have yet to strip a 32p pinion or spur in either my rustler or slash.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i would need a similar gear setup to an 86 spur and 17 pinion.

RC Qualifier
    58 spur and 12 pinion is like 86 and 17.5 so it's possible to do.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

Check your bearing. I've had my Rustler strip 5 spurs in one day before I finally wisened (is that a word?) up and checked my bearing. Sure enough it was bad.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy
    Check your bearing. I've had my Rustler strip 5 spurs in one day before I finally wisened (is that a word?) up and checked my bearing. Sure enough it was bad.
    Hmmmmm mine seems a little rough... I run with the cover on, so I'm not sure how it got kinda tweaked like that...

I guess I should replace it too???

Quote Originally Posted by SirPsycho
    Hmmmmm mine seems a little rough... I run with the cover on, so I'm not sure how it got kinda tweaked like that...

I guess I should replace it too???
    They wear out from use, they see a lot of RPMs so they wear fast. I typically try to check mine once a week, but I use mine a lot.