RC Qualifier

Wow tower is out and with no date

I ordered a slash a few days ago ans it said late june now is says on order. I guess traxxas cant keep up lol. I wonder they will get some. I may cancel my order and try to get it somewhere else
    Brushless makes everything taste better

RC Qualifier
    RC planet has some in stock
    EREVOs, Slashes, 1/16 Slash, EMAXX, VXL Villain

RC Qualifier
    Tower had a bunch of them this morning around midnight PST. I ordered one from Tower about 13 hours ago, It should arrive at my house on the 2nd of July. Finally have my A6 Blue on the way, to go with all the other parts I have already ordered for it. Tower sold out in about 2 hours after they stocked. The Slash is selling insanely fast on Tower.

RC Qualifier
    Wow that stinks i back orderd one a few days ago. Wouldnt they fill back orders first
    Brushless makes everything taste better

RC Qualifier
    Are you sure they haven't? Thats weird... I would think they would have filled the back orders first too. I don't know why they would show 'In Stock' but still have previous orders to fill first... Doesn't make sense really, I guess just wait a few days and see if your order gets filled. Maybe they did have enough and are just taking their time?

RC Qualifier
    airlandhobbies.com has them in stock and less then everone else
    looking for a E-revo !!

RC Racer
    I have one new in the box.. 225.00 plus shipping and if your willing to pay I will evan overnight it !!! pm me..

RC Champion
    I would never back order anything from Tower Hobbies. The dates mean nothing. If it is not in stock, I keep my money, and keep looking. I like tower, but hate getting jerked around. I ordered a truck from them about 5 years ago, and the expected date changed monthly for about 5 months. I thought that I was patient, but that cleared up my problem. No Tower back orders for me.
    I race with the oldies!

RC Champion
    A Main Hobbies has them in stock now, limited quantities though.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/24953
    I race with the oldies!

RC Qualifier
    the only reason why i want to buy from tower is becuase there is a $25 off $200 coupon online.Which now i can buy an extra battery to stay under my budget.

RC Champion
    Waiting is all kinds of fun.
    I race with the oldies!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAXXAS E-MAXX5
    the only reason why i want to buy from tower is becuase there is a $25 off $200 coupon online.Which now i can buy an extra battery to stay under my budget.
    I wanted to get one from Tower also, because of the end price. But in the end, decided against it. My desire to have one and not wait forever (and not constantly check their site) out-weighed the $35ish I paid extra from "regular" price and tax. Meh. It was worth not having to screw with it.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

RC Qualifier
    I picked mine up from my LHS. Its nice to be able to check it out before you bring it home.
    RadioControlDecals.com
    Custom Name Decals & More

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher
    I wanted to get one from Tower also, because of the end price. But in the end, decided against it. My desire to have one and not wait forever (and not constantly check their site) out-weighed the $35ish I paid extra from "regular" price and tax. Meh. It was worth not having to screw with it.
    I was actually considering just converting my pede into a slash. And seems like it would be the most time efficient too!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pede_kid
    And seems like it would be the most time efficient too!
    Probably not. Parts aren't quite available yet.

At least.. the last I saw.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by pede_kid
    I was actually considering just converting my pede into a slash. And seems like it would be the most time efficient too!
    I considered that, but I would still be waiting for parts. My LHS has a few in stock, like the front and rear bumper, but they have no date as to when the chassis and dual rate springs and tires/wheels come in. Even searching ebay turns up little and the few parts that are on there are going for a lot. It was just easier to pick one up off the counter at the LHS and buy it there. Paid $212 out the door(199.99 + 6% tax) and have had a lot of fun while people are still waiting on theirs from tower. Nothing better than supporting the local LHS.
    Last edited by cuda_tmaxx; 06-28-2008 at 10:20 AM.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.