RC Qualifier

Slash gets some MASSIVE air video!!!

My neighbor and I took some video of us getting some huge air jumps. His rig is an all aluminum 3.3 Rusty. Mine is a Slash VXL on a Maxamos 3s 5000.

Hpe you like it. Let me know what you think!

The high quality option should be available this afternoon if you have the bandwith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbT4OmUBW-I
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice video The Slash jumps really well looks like its a good back flipper to.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Champion
    Initial responses -- I hear the music and I can't stop thinking about my PS3.
    I also worry about the Rustler with no body and the upcoming "big air."

Still watching... will edit..

E> I like that gigantic jump and 3:02.
    Last edited by Slasher; 06-27-2008 at 12:44 PM.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

RC Champion
    I would have guessed also that the tree (at 2:30) would have gotten out of your way.

Nice big air !
    ------
    hmmm, I've never seen it spelled that way.

RC Qualifier
    Like Slasher said, that jump around 3:00 was just SICK!! Major hang time. Good video, and I loved the music.

@Cynix: Yes, I can (barely) read your signature.
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Qualifier
    Pretty crazy stuff... I don't have the luck to bash like that... I would break it on the 1st or second jump even with good landings.

RC Qualifier
    The very last jump with my Slash, the one at 3:08 where it backflipped and landed on it's rear bumper, took out my VXL esc. All of the the terminals ripped off at the solder points! After some extensive cussing and solder work I got it back up. I'll post some pics of the damage later. Be sure to rate my video and let me know what you think.

RC Qualifier
    Here are the pics of the wasted esc. It was a colossal pain in the "you know what" but I got it done and it appears to be working perfectly.

RC Qualifier
    WOW that's crazy! Those airs are awesome!...

Man that's crazy cool you fixed it...!

Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoPunk
    WOW that's crazy! Those airs are awesome!...

Man that's crazy cool you fixed it...!

Thanks, Let me tell you. I was about to chunk the esc in the trash, it was so hard to solder those terminals back on!

RC Qualifier
    Dang, the Slash took a beating and kept on running. I can't wait till mine shows up! I don't plan to jump mine near that high, but I do have some of those plastic skateboard/bicycle ramps to use, and a open dirt field to build a track in at some point. Great video like always Skulli.

Also, if you ever get the urge to throw away the ESC, please use my mailbox as a trash can. Sorry, had to say it!

RC Qualifier
    they in stock at amain... just ordered one for my dad wed...
    Platinum E-REVO
    FT T4 - Novak Havoc

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Prower
    Dang, the Slash took a beating and kept on running. I can't wait till mine shows up! I don't plan to jump mine near that high, but I do have some of those plastic skateboard/bicycle ramps to use, and a open dirt field to build a track in at some point. Great video like always Skulli.

Also, if you ever get the urge to throw away the ESC, please use my mailbox as a trash can. Sorry, had to say it!
    LOL! Yeah, I had to take some deep breaths to keep from doing it, but at least it's fixed now.

Just started using Sony Vegas 8 Pro for editing. That took me 3 hours to edit. 20 times longer than it did to shoot the clips. I wanted to time the launches to the "boom"s in the song. Then I had to rearrange the other clips for fill.

RC Qualifier
    That was just awesome!

What motor/esc for the slash?
    FLM Rustler VXL / SW Slash / Micro DT / Revo 3.3

RC Champion
    BIG AIR man! Mine won't ever see that much hang time, but it's nice to know it can handle it.

RC Qualifier
    its a Slash VXL on a Maxamps 3s 5000

RC Competitor
    i dont think ill be jumping that high either. would traxxas have fixed that esc for you for the $15?

RC Competitor

soldering

I've had one of my motor wires do that to me on a VXL speed control. It is actually a design feature that I like. If the solder joint breaks, the board is fine. If you have a nice big tip on your soldering iron, and prep the area well, it's a snap to fix those. It sucks that you had to do them all at once though.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Fork
    That was just awesome!

What motor/esc for the slash?
    The Traxxas VXL system. Other than the wires breaking off due to MY crappy landing, it has been an excellent system.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Torkrench
    I've had one of my motor wires do that to me on a VXL speed control. It is actually a design feature that I like. If the solder joint breaks, the board is fine. If you have a nice big tip on your soldering iron, and prep the area well, it's a snap to fix those. It sucks that you had to do them all at once though.

Yeah, I liked that too. Only wish I would have had a better soldering iron. Mine is a little 60w hobby jobber. If I would have had a 100w gun with actual tips it would have been a breeze. 4 years advanced electronics in the Navy taught me how to solder.

RC Qualifier
    UPDATE: Reverse only works when it wants to. Other than that it seems to working ok. I guess I need to look into a replacement.

RC Qualifier
    Cool vid. The truck doens't seem to be extreamly stable. Is this the case? Why did you buy the slash over a rusty? I can understand if you are racing but other than to fit in a class of racing seems to have nothing on a rusty. Just curious to learn about the new model.

RC Champion
    They're not unstable, but the thin/realistic tires grab better instead of sliding and can make it flip. The wider rustler tires will give and slide more. It has a longer wheelbase which helps alot too.

RC Qualifier
    Great video man, that had some serious hangtime.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 4.5emaxx
    Cool vid. The truck doens't seem to be extreamly stable. Is this the case? Why did you buy the slash over a rusty? I can understand if you are racing but other than to fit in a class of racing seems to have nothing on a rusty. Just curious to learn about the new model.
    I have a Revo 3.3 modded out, but I liked the scale looks of the Slash. Back in the 80's I ran RC10 gold pans and had a bunch of Parma scale bodies. I liked the looks of the wheels inside the body like the RC10 did. I'm glad I got it and I'm planning to get another Slash to leave completely stock for Spec racing at N-Control in Austin, but gotta sell the Revo first. My wife will only let me have so many RC's in the house...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    not bad air for a slash. i watched mine fly off the track, somehow clear all the supports for the driver stand and land in the infield of the dirt oval track. and it landed wheels down and drove off. to be kind to the foam guys i slowly drove off the track. didnt wanna mess them up by leaving rubber. i had to isntall a 19t motor in mien and it is almost enough to wheelie the truck. motor was expensive. guy who preps them takes some of the best motors aorund and makes them even better.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    what song was that??
    Got Li-Po?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas Freak
    what song was that??
    Ladies and Gentlemen - Saliva

RC Qualifier
    Totally Sick! a couple shots you couldn't tell " IF " it was going to land much less where !
    Paddle Tires Make Everything Better