RC Qualifier

Hows everyone liking the slash?

I was looking at one at the local hobbytown and was quite impressed. I've been thinking my next car would either be it or the new Losi.

RC Champion
    Good grief, I love it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No complaints here.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Enthusiast
    You must get one! It is so much fun. The Losi isn't selling well.
    Slash: my first Traxxas

RC Qualifier
    i dont own one(yet)but id get the slash cause i can trust traxxas products and its waterproof.
    Got Li-Po?

RC Competitor
    As the song goes : Lovin' every minute of it!!
    Slash (red)

RC Qualifier
    waterproof!waterproof!waterproof! That alone is worth the price of the truck. Not to mention the insane durability of this great little truck. Its finally something my 7yr old can`t kill in 5 min. It`s not the fastest thing out there, but i`m geared for acceleration (16/90). I`ve only got a 25ft by maybe 20ft playground. Wife won`t let my have any more of the yard to destroy. I can get about 5ft of air and this thing jumps better than my house cat! Get one! Everyone`s doin` it!

RC Enthusiast
    A group of us all got them at the track at the same time. Our races are more like crash up derbys, with lots of rubbing, t-bones, and general mayhem and the only casualties so far are 1 popped shock cap and one broken side nerf bar. It's unbeleivable the abuse these are taking on our track and coming back for more!

RC Qualifier
    This car is great, we have been driving it every night. weekends at any local dirt spot. Can't kill it. just needs spur gear attention. Runs forever on 7 cells. Getting another one this weekend.
    EREVOs, Slashes, 1/16 Slash, EMAXX, VXL Villain

RC Racer
    I love mine - I just want more body, wheel & tire options from the aftermarket. I like to personalize my R/Cs... and am keeping my fingers crossed for the Slash clear bodies to hit my LHS soon!
    Dirk
    Slash,#3905 E-Maxx,Rustler,Stampede,9 more

RC Qualifier
    Also another happy customer here.
    RadioControlDecals.com
    Custom Name Decals & More

RC Champion
    Yeah! I love mine too! I wish more people locally had them so we could start racing. I love the idea of a spec class but also a chance to get a bunch of brushless trucks together! I also am anxious to start a scale scheme on a clear body.

TR
    To err is human, to arr is pirate!

RC Qualifier
    I love it... except for the ESC seems friend after only a handful or runs.

RC Racer
    Best thing since sliced bread. I love it.

RC Qualifier
    I think I will be getting one as my next truck.

RC Competitor
    love mine! THink the XXX-T CR is sitting on the shelf for a while.. I took my 13.5 brushless and threw it in last night. WOW! Might not be able to go back to stock when enough people get them to start a class....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by olydemon
    Might not be able to go back to stock when enough people get them to start a class....
    Agreed.
    It's really neat that the box-stock classes are around. But not every one that has a Slash is leaving it like that. It would be neat to be able to race it modified.
    English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

RC Qualifier
    I am loving mine so far. You can't beat the runtimes on my 4700mah 7 cell packs. I'm probably gettin close to 20 minutes and thats with alot of full throttle stuff. If I had known that you could get runtimes like that out of NiMH with the single motor stuff I'd have been into rusty's and pede's years ago. What kept me away was that I compared everything to my emaxx which is like 10 min. runtimes on the same packs.

I havn't touched the rest of my fleet since the slash came in.

RC Enthusiast
    Most fun I've had with an rc car in a long time.
    Last edited by 6victor6; 06-27-2008 at 10:46 AM.
    pretend this is a clever sig

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 6victor6
    Most fun I've had with an rc car in a long time.

x2 my words exactly
    VXL/ 40wt frnt, 60wt rear/ RPM front end

RC Champion
    I'm liking mine the more I run it. I assume it's because my new 7 cell battery is coming alive. I've only ran maybe 8-10 packs through it. Rear tires still look like new and I'm running the VXL. It's faster than the T-Maxx's and Revo's I've run against.

RC Qualifier
    Its a really solid platform. Were starting a Salsh spec class at our track. First race this Sunday. Cant wait. Lots of interest in this at the track. I built a track similar to CORR tracks in my yard. The truck does a great job on it. Turns on a dime. Decent speeds and power with a 7 cell pack. I have a few RC's and one had to go. The T-MAXX was sold to make room in the stable for the Slash. Im really enjoying the SLash....................ALOT!
    MARBETH Racing

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzizino
    You must get one! It is so much fun. The Losi isn't selling well.
    Ok Ill bite, how do you know how well the Desert Truck is or isnt selling?

Both are great trucks, the slash looks cooler, is faster, and is more durable. The DT is a WAY better jumper, handles much better, and comes with a better radio stock.

Look at them both in person and make your choice. You cant go wrong either way imo. I own them both and love them both.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Enthusiast
    We actually had someone race a DT with the Slashes in our spec class, granted he is a newer driver, and we were happy to let him join in, but with the wheels sticking out he got pounded around the track like a red headed stepchild by the Slashes. Don't get me wrong, I have a xxx-cr that I race and I know it handles better on the track but in all fairness the Slash can really only be run against another Slash on a track.

RC Qualifier
    I love mine! My first ever rc was the rustler and it blew me away.. the slash offers something different then the rustler which is why I had to get it... mind you, I'm a little spoiled because of the brushless/lipo combo.. so I guess that's the only thing I don't like... the brushed motor ... it's so slow... for me anyway... but my gawg, it can sure take a beating.. I'm actually trying to break it on purpase and can't!

I've been letting friends and even some random people use my slash, it's amazing how it brings a smile to everyones face... tons of fun.. anyone thinking of getting one, start saving!
    FLM Rustler VXL / SW Slash / Micro DT / Revo 3.3

RC poster
    I'm just gettig back into R/c and I purchased the Slash and havn't regreted a minute of it.