RC Enthusiast

Slash most talked about RC launch ever?

I've been into RC since the 80s and I don't think I've ever seen a RC product launch with so much demand! The Slash is the coolest RC I've ever had by far, I think I'm going to need to get more!
    Last edited by fuzzizino; 06-26-2008 at 10:09 PM.

RC Champion
    It's interesting that there are several people, myself included, that want more than one.

RC Champion
    It's definitely the most widely talked about I remember. It's appeal seems to go across everyone - hardcore racers looking for something simple and fun, first time RC'ers looking for a great value, and CORR fans that love the scale look.

It's the most fun I've had with an RC since my Hornet as a kid.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Enthusiast
    I had a Grasshopper, this is the most fun I've had since then.
    Slash: my first Traxxas

RC Competitor
    I don't have the experience you guys do, but its awesome. My LHS showed me the Stede, Bandit, and Slash. The kid just raved and raved about the Slash. I bought it not even knowing how lucky I was to get one. It was 9 of 9 that they had in stock. I have run it every day since I got it.
    Slash (red)

RC Racer
    yeah, probably will be getting another myself.

RC Qualifier
    The Slash is quite possibly the most lauded vehicle ever, though there are perhaps a couple that come close. The scale appearance and performance of the Slash is the selling point though. For the first time, someone has given the masses a scale model of a vehicle and made it remote control! It's just something we're not used to. Monster trucks and stadium rigs all have their wheels miles away from the body. The Slash has a seemingly novel concept of placing the wheels UNDER the body. It's not that it couldn't be done before, it's just the fact that it wasn't. Traxxas won the game with the grand-slam that is the Slash. You can race it, you can bash it, you can even get it wet, and it keeps coming back for more. Throw 6, 7, or 8 cells in it, perhaps even a brushless motor system and the truck keeps getting better. Put a 3s LiPo under the hood with a brushless system, and where other 1/10th trucks would throw their wheels skyward, the Slash just shoots forward like a scalded cat. I see this winning R/C Car Action's "R/C vehicle of the year" award easily. Just like the T-Maxx, the Slash is about to start a new movement. It might take a while for others to catch on, but they will. For now though, Traxxas has the segment wrapped up to itself, and I have a feeling, we all wouldn't have it any other way .
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePede
    The Slash is quite possibly the most lauded vehicle ever, though there are perhaps a couple that come close. The scale appearance and performance of the Slash is the selling point though. For the first time, someone has given the masses a scale model of a vehicle and made it remote control! It's just something we're not used to. Monster trucks and stadium rigs all have their wheels miles away from the body. The Slash has a seemingly novel concept of placing the wheels UNDER the body. It's not that it couldn't be done before, it's just the fact that it wasn't. Traxxas won the game with the grand-slam that is the Slash. You can race it, you can bash it, you can even get it wet, and it keeps coming back for more. Throw 6, 7, or 8 cells in it, perhaps even a brushless motor system and the truck keeps getting better. Put a 3s LiPo under the hood with a brushless system, and where other 1/10th trucks would throw their wheels skyward, the Slash just shoots forward like a scalded cat. I see this winning R/C Car Action's "R/C vehicle of the year" award easily. Just like the T-Maxx, the Slash is about to start a new movement. It might take a while for others to catch on, but they will. For now though, Traxxas has the segment wrapped up to itself, and I have a feeling, we all wouldn't have it any other way .
    Wow, well said

RC Champion
    I've been running for quite awhile as well. I don't really care for electrics, but I really like my VXL Slash. A few times I've tried to get on here, the forum has been locked up. Makes me wonder if so many new guys are getting on looking for more info on the Slash.

RC Qualifier
    I think the Slash is probably the 2nd most talked about R/C launch ever. Most people probably don't remember, were not around R/C at that time, or weren't born yet but the Kyosho Turbo Ultima was probably the most talked about R/C launch ever. I can remember a hobby shop owner telling my dad right before it came out that he had 70 kits on order and 60 of them were already reserved. It was ALL the talk in R/C Car Action and Competition Plus magazines at that time. It also helped that kyosho had IFMAR champ Joel "Magic" Johnson to promote it.

With that being said, I think the Slash will change R/C almost as much as the T-Maxx did. I also think Traxxas has been the most important and influential company in R/C for the last 20 years.

RC Qualifier
    The last part I must agree with. For the last 20 years, so pretty much as long as the company's been around (22 years, since 1986), they've been influencing the hobby. Trucks like the Stampede, which is still the only "performance" 2wd monster truck and the only one in its class, the T-Maxx which began a nitro monster truck revolution, the Nitro Sport, which was phased out and brought back by popular demand, and finally the Slash, which will surely prove the basis for yet another movement in the R/C industry.

I was reading one of my R/C Car Action mags last night and it seemed that every other page there was in some way shape or form a Traxxas vehicle. I saw an add for the VXL Stampede, closely followed by a 2 page spread of the XL-5 Rustler/Bandit/Stampede. That was followed by a cover story of the new 3.3 T Maxx and Revo Platinum. A couple pages after that, there was a 2 page add for the JATO 3.3. In the back of the book, there's an add for STRC, and the "poster child" is a Stampede XL-5. Traxxas IS everywhere!

RC Qualifier
    uh, I thought that you could help me figure that out.
    I'm not sure if it is the most talked about release of all time, but it certainly is the most talked about release since the famous Maxx platform.
    GOT MY SLASH AND BEATING THE LIVING POO OUT OF IT!

RC Racer
    2008, the hobby has grown tremendously since i started in 1988, when i had a rc10 buggy. I have driven and owned just about everything on the market, I raced for almost 15 years nitro and electric, and yes i "was" good at it. I can honestly say that the slash has been more fun for me since i can remember. In fact, i am gonna keep my pede and everything else is going so i can buy some more slashes. I have 2 now, one bone stock, and one with a novak 6.5 system and the suspension modified. I want to build a show truck, i am 100% sure that the market is going to be flooded with goodies and i hate putting carbon fiber and aluminum on a truck just to get it scratched and scraped. So a show truck will take care of that. I also want to build a monster SLAMPEDE, you heard it here first, SLAMPEDE. Wide slash with e-maxx body and imex baja 2.8 tires and rims. OHHHH YEAH!!!!

RC Champion
    Slampede name doesn't go with a MT.

RC Racer
    It fits it perfect, or do you like SLEDE, or STAMPASH

RC Qualifier
    Im even selling my nitro MT to get a slash.

RC Qualifier
    Slampede sounds the best of the three .

RC Qualifier
    ive been in rc sin 93 and this is the most talked about rc ever ive seen hopfully it keeps up
    FRANKINRUSTLER,when bored build your toys