RC Enthusiast

Velineon is stuttering/cogging

Not sure of the correct terminology but been bashing with the Velineon for a week now and after braking or letting off gas will go dead until you physically push the truck. Set it up per Traxxas instructions. Is this just what to expect with sensorless brushless since I have been use to using sensored systems before this? Thx in advance for any help

RC Champion
    What battery!!!!
    My Pede http://www.youtube.com/polishdog69

RC Enthusiast
    Orion 4800 li-po and radio Futaba 2.4G.

RC Qualifier
    Wow...that might happen with cheap NIMH but not LIPO...

Not sure what to tell ya...it usually happens when you don't have enough discharge rate to supply the BL enough power...

Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel
    Not sure of the correct terminology but been bashing with the Velineon for a week now and after braking or letting off gas will go dead until you physically push the truck. Set it up per Traxxas instructions. Is this just what to expect with sensorless brushless since I have been use to using sensored systems before this? Thx in advance for any help

mine did that off and on on my current and last VXL speed control........... But my batt. recently went out. might wana check that, and mines all stock.......
    NOBAMA '08 Welcome to the Greatest Dprsn.

RC Qualifier
    You might want to try adding a receiver battery, heard on some other forums that they had cogging issues with spektrums. But after adding a battery it quit.

It's also possible that you may have one of the old issue VXL's. There are other threads covering this issue. Pull the white wire and then re-install. I would recommend calling Traxxas and getting it swapped out.
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Enthusiast
    Just bought from tower last week so dont think is old issue VXL. I will try checking radio settings and reset ESC before I bug them to be sure that its not on my end. Thx for the support & help

RC Enthusiast
    I realized I made some radio setting changes without resetting ESC All works great and man this thing is fun