Thread: Motor spray.

RC Qualifier

Motor spray.

Quick question...I was playing in the water/mud a bit today with my slash. After I hosed it off, and dried it with my air compressor I got to thinking I should use some motor spray on the motor. I was at lowes and I asked the guy in the electrical dept. where the aerosol electrical cleaner was at.
    He showed it to me but it was 8 bucks a can. I was gonna buy some but he said that he's been an electrician for over 30 years and he's always used starting fluid for full size vehicles because its cheaper. He said it cleans great, doesn't leave residue and doesn't harm electronics.
    Anybody else ever heard of this?

What kind of oil do you put on your motor bushings after you clean them?

RC Champion
    I've used electrical contact cleaner. But just to be sure I got a can of Dynamite magnum force electric motor cleaner from my LHS. Niether is cheap, but it's good to use for cleaning after dirt or water.

RC Qualifier
    Starter fluid goes boom !!!
    Why you being so cheap ?
    Afraid your wife will find out all the cash you spending ?

I pick up my Slash on the 8th..

You goys any mud pics ?????
    Support your Country, buy domestic...

RC Qualifier
    I know what starting fluid does. LOL...
    as for being cheap...why buy an 8 dollar can of motor spray when I can buy a 2 dollar can of starting fluid??

I'm loving the slash so far, I can't wait to buy another one for a VXL system.

RC Qualifier
    Thing with starting fluid, is that it can harm some plastics. And with the fan being in the motor, not sure if I would try it. It may melt it, or make the plastic brittle. I would go with carb cleaner if I was to try anything automotive. Its a safer cleaner, and doesn't seem to harm plastic.
    RadioControlDecals.com
    Custom Name Decals & More

RC Qualifier
    Check your camera for pics !!
    Support your Country, buy domestic...