Thread: Spur Gear

RC poster

Spur Gear

New member....need help! Spur gear is fried after 2 days are harsh bashing. Never worked on and pulled the slipper clutch also. Have new Spur gear need to know how to properly tighten Slipper clutch.

RC Champion
    Tighten the nut on the slipper all the way down - you will need to keep both wheels from turning and hold the spur gear too. Best way is to put the wheels on and hold it down to a surface so they can't turn, then hold the spur with your thumb.

Once tightened completely, back off about 1/4 turn.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Qualifier
    yep then test it on a high grip surface like pavement, and you should hear it slip for 1-2 feet when properly adjusted.
    RadioControlDecals.com
    Custom Name Decals & More

RC poster
    Thanks....did all and it runs great. This a venture for my son and myself to have a project that we can do together. What a great discovery. He did most of the work himself and even called to make sure the hobby shop had the part. he is 7 and we are having a blast with the Slash. Highly recommend as it is actually what TRAXXAS said it was and can do.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSlasher
    Thanks....did all and it runs great. This a venture for my son and myself to have a project that we can do together. What a great discovery. He did most of the work himself and even called to make sure the hobby shop had the part. he is 7 and we are having a blast with the Slash. Highly recommend as it is actually what TRAXXAS said it was and can do.
    You need another one. (See my sig.)
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    SS - I'm curious as to why or how you guys got into the hobby?
    Were you just feeling like it and the Slash was what you happened to pick? Or was it the Slash and CORR racing that got you to buy one? Just curious.

RC Qualifier
    My son and i got into RCs due to two things. i had tamiyas 25 years ago. my brother (30 years old) bought a Traxxs gas and i got the bug. Traxxas web site got me excited about electric and the SLASH is the perfect car. Also bought a villain EX for this summers vacation at the lake. now i am looking for a second slash and some brushless gear!

TRAXXAS has it going

EREVOs, Slashes, 1/16 Slash, EMAXX, VXL Villain

RC Champion
    On a side note to the slipper question, I was pulling my spur gear to replace the camber link and switch the motor. I have NEVER seen a tighter clutch. I had to get a wrench on it, It would not budge with a nut driver. This one was not going to slip!

TR
    To err is human, to arr is pirate!