RC Competitor

Dropped in a 15 turn Orion Formula SV2 Pro

Ran it with 4600mah 7 cell with 17/90 gearing. Ummm, WOW!

It is for my son and I wanted to bump him up a bit since I'm running VXL. Tomorrow I'll test extended runs for heat and see if I can get some video. I'm actually wishing I had gone with the 17 turn instead. Might need to gear this down a little. It is much quicker then stock! If this orion motor can handle 8 cells like I've read in other posts, I'd say it is faster then the VXL with stock gearing. Not the same acceleration of course but plenty fast.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Is it the version with ball bearings? (sv2 pro bb)
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    I put a 17x2 method R in mine with the stock gearing it only hit 23MPH but when i used it off road it got up to 195 degrees! So i dropped down to a 16 tooth pinion gear now....I think the stock motor is faster than the 17 turn!
    the 15 turn is the way to go.... I think you will need to drop down to a 15 tooth pinion maybe lower with the 15 turn motor or it will run very hot like mine did off road.
    Keep a eye on the motor temp...
    Thanks
    Z....

The Formula Pro BB is a better motor than the Method. I ran away from a nitro MT2 using a 17T and 8 cells. (On road, speed run gearing, XL-5 ESC.) That was fun. Right now it's not running too well. Not sure why, but it IS due for a rebuild.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    ^ That'll be the reason it isn't running like you're used to seeing it. The brushes probably need replaced, and the comm may or may not need truing (best to inspect it first).
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

I know - I need to review the Huron Outfitters Racing rebulid how-to.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-21-2009 at 07:10 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    I didn't get the BB version. I was curious how long it would last. More of a throw away motor. Plus I KNEW it would be run in the mud and water might get worn out earlier.