RC Competitor

It's NOT Going Back...

Hey guys. A while back I posted that I was sending my unopened Slash back to Tower in exchange for a VXL Rustler. I wasnt in a big hurry to do the exchange and I continued to read the Slash posts. After watching several videos of the Slash racing and bashing in stock form, I broke down and decided to give it a shot. So yesterday, I opened it up, set it up, charged up a 7 cell pack and took it for a test run in the driveway. I was pretty impressed with the handling and the short bursts of speed that I was able to achieve in my short concrete driveway.

Today, I took it and my old E-Maxx to an empty lot made up of hard packed dirt and gravel. I was REALLY impressed with how it handled and the speeds that it could achieve in stock form across the wide open area. I soon had it doing donuts and spraying gravel and dirt all over the place. I wiped out with it a few time when I drove across ruts in the ground, but after a few tumbles it usually landed on its wheels. The body got a little scratched up and dusty, but the bumpers and chassis were completely undamaged. The 7 cell Trinity pack seemed to last forever. I didnt time it, but it outlasted my stock E-Maxx with 2-7 cell packs. However, the brakes and reverse took a little getting used to compared to my E-Maxx.

I may buy a VXL system for it someday, but I think it is plenty fast right now. I really hope someone starts making clear muscle car or street truck bodies for it for a custom look. I have also heard that the Anacoda tire/wheel combo for the Jato may work for street bashing. Has anyone tried these yet?

The only thing that I dont like is the velcro on the body and nerf bars. One strip has already peeled off and I have no plans to repace it. This is only my second Traxxas, but I really think they knocked it out of the park with the Slash. I'm glad I kept it.

RC Qualifier
    If you are having issues with the brakes, you may want to try to programming the XL-5 if you haven't already done that. The manual explains how to do it, and there is also a video on the main Traxxas page in the help section showing you how to do it as well. That may very well fix your brakes and give you a boost in speed to boot.

RC Qualifier
    someone had a pic of a slash with anacondas in the rear posted up awhile back. as far as a muscle car body i think with the size of this thing a cuda would be a great choice for this one.

RC Champion
    Told ya once you opened it it would not go back!!
    Slash is a FUN truck that's for sure!
    Thanks
    Z....

RC Competitor
    Yup. You were were right!

RC Champion
    Good choice!

RC Competitor
    m prowler but isnt the xl-5 already programmed out of the box?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisfc1972
    m prowler but isnt the xl-5 already programmed out of the box?
    Should be. But it's not a perfect world.

Why not give it a try?