RC Racer

i was at my lhs today...

and there was a slash on the table, man there huge! i love the scale llok, i want one now! only there goin for 209, honestly i think 150 is a more fair price but what ever
    FLM COMPLETE!

Yeah I was suprised to see the 209 price tag too. I was thinking around 190. They only had 1 there.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Qualifier
    Hey man, they just came out. Give it a while, and the price will come down. Also, just wait for patriotic holidays, some hobbyshops cut prices way down .
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Champion
    Why would the price come down?

Will the 2009 Toyotas come down in price? No. They'll be replaced with 2010s.

There's no reason the Slash will be cheaper in a month or three. Compared to a Stampede XL5, this one has a lot more. Even in sheer materials, there's more. It has a better servo that is water proof. It has a waterproof speed controller that no doubt had more to the manufacturing process. It has bearings everywhere -- the Stampede XL5 has tons of bushings. Even a little enclosure for the receiver -- that costs money too.

$200 is a fair price if you actually consider what's in the box.

RC poster
    If you think you can buy one for $150.00 you better do it right away. It will never happen brand new.

RC poster
    One of out LHS's up here has introduced the Slash for $187.00 as a Memebers price. They have a "Members Club" which costs $20 a year. As a member, you will pay a considerable lesser amount for your equipment, get instant email updates on new stocks as it arrives, no deposit ordering and a bunch of other little things. Well worth the cost of membership.

RC Champion
    Why $150? Why not $15? I dont mind paying for a good product, this is what keeps new products coming. People need to stop trying to save pennies by cutting the throats of the guys willing to make new exciting products.

RC Champion
    I really had no problem with the 209.00 price at my LHS either. I don't think I got ripped off. I really like the truck and feel it was a fair price, fair enough to pick up another one!

TR
    To err is human, to arr is pirate!

RC Competitor
    $170 is easily doable.....Tower Hobbies........Get a $30 or more off coupon on a $200 order.......voila...your near the price you want.

Neo