Hybrid View

RC Champion

Some Slash racing action

http://www.archive.org/download/Trax...06_21_2008.wmv

Just having some fun in a backyard track. We did run some races with up to eight on the track, but everyone was driving so there is no video of that. Everyone had a great time, it was all smiles and laughs around the track and in the pits.
    Traxxas racing!

awsome vid. The slash didn't have enough power to get over that double tho.....
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

Yes it did, just had to hit it right. Its actually set up so you have to run the track "Just right" or you suffer with not clearing double, same with the rhythm section. Just check it again and watch at around , 1:27, 1:47, 1:57, 3:02 (just a few spots.)
    Last edited by icepick832; 06-22-2008 at 05:06 PM.

RC Champion
    Yeah we were getting over the double, just not every time. That was the first time most of the group had put their Slash on a track so what you see in the video was sloppy at times. I also recorded that early in the day after we spent about two hours working on the track, so it was the first time anyone had raced on that layout. The front double was new and the straight leading into it was widened about twice what it was. It didn't take too long for us to find out the right line around that corner to carry enough speed to clear the double, and the races later in the day were run very close. If you didn't nail a section right you were losing position for sure.

For example if you started inside the corner off the straight and stayed on the throttle, the trucks would slide and push toward the outside. You would have enough speed to clear the double, but land far outside of the corner immediately following the double. If you started wide on the straight and turned into the inside of the corner you could take the double head on, clear it, and be on the inside line coming into the immediate corner. Actually I found that all of the corners were similar - there were multiple lines that would get your through clean, some faster on entry and some faster on exit.

That made it so much fun, I just couldn't get enough time on the track. Constantly trying new lines for each section of the track and finding what worked and what didn't. For such a short track, there was a lot of strategy to it. And that was just running alone with no one else blocking you out.. when the track was full all rules went out the window and you had to make your lines as you went.

Ahhh man just talking about it makes me want to go back for more!
    Traxxas racing!

Ditto Wrathchild!! I was so tempted to jet over there after getting done todays Comp (I think I finished dead last ) but decided to just hang at home, and try to rework my frankendig (which failed), but another guy there had a better version that I am going to try.