RC Qualifier
    uh, I thought that you could help me figure that out.

tarmac can be fun with a slash

today was the first parkinglot race I've run in a long time, and dang it was fun! I brought my slash out to the races today to exhibition it for the other people there, then one person asked if I was going to race and said taht if I did race in electric stadium/stock truck they would have enough people for a class, and he had some spare batteries with a deans plugs on them (a pair of SMC 4600s to be exact). long story short, sitting on the grid for a few minutes without moving for the first two qualifyers just plain dumped the battery, but I rocked the truck back and forth on the grid for the main to keep it moving and thus keep it from draining the battery. the main was a really interesting race, as there was a nitro rustler, a Jato 3.3, an old stampede with a supposedly 9X1 race motor and a speed control to match (top speed would indicate otherwise, though), a Losi XXX-T powered by a Novak SS4300 system and a 6 cell 4600 pack, and of course my slash. out of that field, the rustler dropped out, the stampede just plain didn't have the driver or top speed to have any fight to take to the jato, my slash, or the losi truck, the Jato kept getting tangled up in the stampede, I kept traction rolling, and the losi driver drove a positively flawless race to win. I did manage to scrape a second place finish out of the barrel, finishing ahead of the Jato 3.3, the 'pede, and the rustler. what sort of mods have I done to my truck? none, other than swapping to deans, one lug nut off of a QD clod (lost one of my nuts during a bash session mis-construe that one!), a set of dubro body clip retainers, and another hole in the hood for the transponder. no gearing changes until after the race. for anyone who was doubting the slash's ability to hold it's own on track, lower the suspension or drop the battery below the chassis (or both), pack the diff with something to keep it from unloading under heavy cornering, and have at it. if you want to be competitive with the "stock" brushless trucks (aka SS4300 or similarly powerful systems), drop a nice little 19t "super stock" motor in it and gear accordingly and you should be absolutely flying
    GOT MY SLASH AND BEATING THE LIVING POO OUT OF IT!

RC poster
    I have been having a blast on the tarmac with my Slash. Very controllable/predictable. I think it will be a good partner for my Baja on the Tarmac (neither is particularly fast, but are good for their scales).
    Revo Platinum, Revo 3.3, Baja 5b, Slash

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds like fun I wounder how many people are going to go buy a Slash because of that.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Qualifier
    After a LONG weekend of bashing my VXL Slash the rears are almost bald from tarmac. Doing too many powerslides and peel outs!
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Qualifier
    Heh, it's time we find some alternate wheels/tires that work with the Slash I guess. The stock wheels could be reused for new tires, but we just need to find a set of tires that fits the wheels and doesn't rub to bad on the inside.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Prower
    Heh, it's time we find some alternate wheels/tires that work with the Slash I guess. The stock wheels could be reused for new tires, but we just need to find a set of tires that fits the wheels and doesn't rub to bad on the inside.
    I have the axial beadlocks and HPI Geolanders for show, but they rub the rear fender wells even after moving the body posts and doing a SLIGHT trim. I'm hesitant to trim it any more and have it lose the scale look. Might wait for the clear bodies to get in stock and then trim one of those to fit better.
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Qualifier
    uh, I thought that you could help me figure that out.
    try a set of anacondas soaked in traction compound. that might work. alternately, narrow up a set of low-profile-ish treaded pavement tires (Striker IIs or Duratrax street tires, maybe panther burner slicks. or, just make due with the stock meats. they have enough grip to let the truck traction roll from stock, and they look pretty scale. and if you raise the body a bit or put a bit thicker bump stop on the shock shaft, they shouldn't rub
    GOT MY SLASH AND BEATING THE LIVING POO OUT OF IT!