RC Qualifier

servo skid... 56k maybe if your lucky

ok as you all know the servo on the slash seems a little too open in the slash and valnerable. specially for a hardcore basher well i fixed that. i used this skid plate on my orginal emaxx and still had it laying around. btw be on the look out for my next steering mod for the slash i am currently finising up. DUAL 2075 servos.

RC Racer
    Very, very nice Street! Im guessing that skid was bent to the correct shape? I know nothing about the Maxx's..
    My wife calls it the 'TrackSlash' lol women...

Have you tested it yet? It looks like it will hit the skid plate.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Qualifier
    works great. i ran it on 3 packs and no differnece in steering. even smacked it against a curb i was trying to jump with great results. i highly suggest this mod if you want to protect your servo. i tried to get a pic from the other side to show the clearence but couldn't get a good one. it fits like it was ment for the slash

RC Champion
    looks great if i get a slash ill have to do something like that
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TractorKid7

RC Qualifier
    It doesn't look like you have it bolted on in the pictures, just lightly on there. Any chance you have a part number for the skid you have? Maybe they come in green too? I was going to try one of these, but I don't have my Slash yet so I haven't ordered the guard yet either.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHFV4&P=7

Anyone know if one of the stock plastic Revo guards will fit?

RC Champion
    Looks like Streetracer was fortunate... those skid plates are discontinued.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXETB6&P=7

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Flip it around. Have the angled end towards the front so it slides over anything.
    Brushless Emaxx
    Brushless Kyosho ST RR
    Supermaxx

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by george16
    Flip it around. Have the angled end towards the front so it slides over anything.
    I use them on my E-Maxxes and I also angle it to the front.

I get mine here:
    http://www.rcraveninc.com/product/TM...rvo_Cover.html
    This came up awhile back and I was supposed to try it when I finally got my Slash, I forgot! I am glad it came up again!

TR
    To err is human, to arr is pirate!

RC Qualifier
    i didn't have any of the nuts on it yet when i took the pics cause i didn't have screws shorter. i went to the lhs today and got some shorter screws with matching nuts and now have it set up properly. since i decided to do this at midnight going to the lhs just wasn't an option at the time. i also got lucky when i went there today and picked up 2 more matching blue skids for my dual servo rig that should be done tomorrow

RC Champion
    you could pull the servo, and pop it through the hole from the bottom and run the screws in there like its suppose to be on the maxx. itl set it a little lower but think of it as a lower COG if this is done there will be no need for the nuts to hold it on, just the stock legnth screws
    jeremie

RC Qualifier
    your way won't work at all. first all the screws would more than likley pull right out as soon as you hit something. second the head of the stock screws are too wide to fit in the skid plate. and putting it through the way your describing would not allow enough room for the servo to turn its full radius with out hitting the skid plate, in turn causing all kinds of steering issues. my way is the way it was ment to be done and fits perfectly with NO issues

RC Champion
    first off, how would the screws pull out? there is no passible way this could happen, maxx and revo trucks have the screws up through the bottom, and numerous other vehicles and never had a screw pull out with out the hole being stripped prior to the servo peing put in there. second, the truck should have small button head screws in place of the larger ones that are supplied stock. correction, that is ur way of doing it, that does not meen its the correct way. and a little rubbing of some parts is the price you pay for simple mods, take a small file to the contact places. issue solved. and no it will not cause the skidplate to break.... my pedes have the X brace removed front and rear for weight savings been like that for over a year and been through many jumps without issues....
    jeremie

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    streetracero1- if it works perfect, do it whatever way you see fit. After all, it is your truck!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    i wasnt ragging on him for how he done it, i was simply adding another somewhat cleaner look the the whole instal. but to me it sounded like he was saying he was right and i was wrong in even thinking it would work like i stated
    jeremie