RC Qualifier

VXL is a direct drop in right?

I order it for tower, and I was wondering, does it fit in the same spot as the XL-5? Is it bigger or smaller? Do I need a plate? thanks
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Racer
    Direct bolt on... Did the conversion before I took it out of the hobby shop. lol. You'll love it.
    E-Slayer (Tekno/Neu) / E-Platinum Revo (Tekno/Neu)

RC Competitor
    Screw holes already there. Just bolt it in

.. And run the wire into the waterproof RX box (which isn't much help anymore as your VXL system isn't rated to be water resistant)

It's pretty awesome. I was surprised that the truck being as large as it is could still pull wheelies geared 19/86. It might even do it with higher speed gearing.

RC Racer
    yours pulls wheelies??? mine just burns the tires!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slashman
    Screw holes already there. Just bolt it in

.. And run the wire into the waterproof RX box (which isn't much help anymore as your VXL system isn't rated to be water resistant)

It's pretty awesome. I was surprised that the truck being as large as it is could still pull wheelies geared 19/86. It might even do it with higher speed gearing.
    Do you think it will wheeling on stock gearing? And is stock gearing fine for the vxl?
    Last edited by tmaxx225; 06-21-2008 at 08:27 AM.

RC Qualifier
    And the VXL comes with the traxxas plugs right?

RC Competitor
    I'm using the stock pinion which I think is 18 against a 90 tooth spur I believe. MAYBE it's 86. I did have to tighten the slipper to an unacceptable range though. Running it as tight as I have will stress the parts if it's landing under speed or on rough terrain. It also needs concrete for grip. Asphalt just spins the tires.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx225
    And the VXL comes with the traxxas plugs right?
    It does come with the Traxxas plugs and you can install it in minutes. The stock pinion will give you insane take off but lower top end. Put in the optional included 23t and it will still launch quick, but the top end is awesome. Be sure to run a decent 7c pack or a 2s/3s lipo for it to REALLY shine!
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SkulliWulli
    It does come with the Traxxas plugs and you can install it in minutes. The stock pinion will give you insane take off but lower top end. Put in the optional included 23t and it will still launch quick, but the top end is awesome. Be sure to run a decent 7c pack or a 2s/3s lipo for it to REALLY shine!
    So I should switch out the pinion for the 23t? Will that be bad for temps? And im getting a triniety 7cell 5000 mah pack. Can wait it comes thurs or friday

RC Qualifier
    So I should switch out the pinion for the 23t? Will that be bad for temps? And im getting a triniety 7cell 5000 mah pack. Can wait it comes thurs or friday
    It all depends on your driving style. Temps were within range for me with either pinion.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SkulliWulli
    It all depends on your driving style. Temps were within range for me with either pinion.
    What do you drive in? Im going to be doing dirt gravel and grass. A little street.

RC Qualifier
    What do you drive in? Im going to be doing dirt gravel and grass. A little street.
    IMO I would go with the stock pinion for all of those conditions. If you're gonna doing some street driving, then go with the 23t. You will notice less bogging down in grass with the stock pinion.

RC Qualifier
    I am running that same battery and the 23 tooth pinion!
    the batteries and motor get to hot to almost hold at all!
    went back to the stock gearing with the trinity refernece 7 cell and it flies man!

I was very happy and i get about 17 minutes of fast time on battery and another 5-6 as it wears down the charge!

You will be happy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyA.
    I am running that same battery and the 23 tooth pinion!
    the batteries and motor get to hot to almost hold at all!
    went back to the stock gearing with the trinity refernece 7 cell and it flies man!

I was very happy and i get about 17 minutes of fast time on battery and another 5-6 as it wears down the charge!

You will be happy
    Sweet, too bad I have to wait a few days, oh well.

RC Qualifier
    will a brushless extend my run time?

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, a brushless will extend run time, due to less resistence I think. With a 23 tooth pinion you should be fine. I drive my rusty all the time geared 28/86. This thing runs so coo. My motor temp hasn't exceded 150 after at least 15 mins of bashing.
    Congatulations, you just read my signature