RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Wink Can your Slash wheelie?

The stock guys probably won't be able to, but I think the guys who upgraded to VXL or MM might be able to wheelie despite the long wheelbase.

So can yours wheelie?
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    I haven't tightened up the suspension yet. So no for me.
    Get your vote on.

RC Enthusiast
    Nope, no wheelies... even after upgrading to the VXL and switching to stiffer progressive rate springs. It just seems to squat, do a little burn out (or rooster tail if on dirt) and then take off like a rocket. I swapped the rear wheels out for a set of 2.2 dirt works, I dont want to wear out the rears so soon and not be able to replace them. I really dont miss the wheelies when running the Slash, if I want to wheelie I'll bring out the Stampede or Rusty. You don't see the real CORR trucks pulling wheelies off the corners.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ⓘ ©ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Champion
    It evidently can wheelie
    Texas -- the only state.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by troglodyte
    You don't see the real CORR trucks pulling wheelies off the corners.
    That's true. I just wondered if it could do it. The scale factor is the selling point.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by watts300
    It evidently can wheelie
    HOLY COW! That one is awfully quick!
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

Quote Originally Posted by watts300
    It evidently can wheelie
    Wow that thing is crazy.....
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Racer

Beat me too it

He beat me to it, I have my slash with the MM 7700 and 3s lipo and its hard to keep it down, I have to drive mine without the body. I'll try and get a video up soon, It rained today
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonmaxx
    He beat me to it, I have my slash with the MM 7700 and 3s lipo and its hard to keep it down, I have to drive mine without the body. I'll try and get a video up soon, It rained today
    Why.
    I hate those goofy setups that are totally impossible to drive....to each their own I guess.

RC Qualifier
    Sure the Slash can wheelie but for some reason it doesn't seem like the kind of truck you'd want to wheelie.
    Vehicle(s): None
    Owned:Rustler,Slash,E-Maxx

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by outkast187
    Why.
    I hate those goofy setups that are totally impossible to drive....to each their own I guess.

Actually its not hard to drive, I wanted to see how fast it would go and looking at the size of it I knew it could handle the power, its amazing to see it go down the street. I normally drive it with a 2s lipo, but when im ready to be crazy in goes the 3s. I'll try and get a video up soon to show its not bad.

RC Qualifier
    I bet the temps go crazy with that setup.
    Vehicle(s): None
    Owned:Rustler,Slash,E-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by liam
    Sure the Slash can wheelie but for some reason it doesn't seem like the kind of truck you'd want to wheelie.
    It's the scale factor talking, that much I'm sure of.
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Scale factor....
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Qualifier
    Yeah....brushless and 3s lipo and it does wheelie...but thanks to its design, its not that bad. The Rustler VXL wheelies can get annoying if you going for top end speed.

Top end on the Slash is easier because of the suspension...then again if air gets under the body, it becomes a big air brake and shoots up in the air...

I ditched the MM 7700 and put in a VXL so I don't have to deal with the heat issue.
    Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC Champion
    Mine doesn't with vxl and 7 cell, running 70 wt oil and extra spring spacers.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoPunk
    Yeah....brushless and 3s lipo and it does wheelie...but thanks to its design, its not that bad. The Rustler VXL wheelies can get annoying if you going for top end speed.

Top end on the Slash is easier because of the suspension...then again if air gets under the body, it becomes a big air brake and shoots up in the air...

I ditched the MM 7700 and put in a VXL so I don't have to deal with the heat issue.

I am not sold on the Velineon , I seen crazy speeds with that setup but traxxas recommends a 8000mah 3s lipo and those things arent really cheap plus I need a good chaerger for that. I get enought speed with my 7.2Nimh and 2s lipo on my 7700, just sometimes(rarely) I have the need for more speed and I Install the 3s lipo . And to make it worse a friend of mine install a Velineon in a truck he has called a hawk and he was very diappointed with it, he said his 19t camelion was faster, that just made it look bad to me. I just can't spend 150 + bucks on 1 battery. I am going to purchase a Velineon this weekend and see how things work out, If I don't like it, its going on ebay and I will just buy a 5700 motor to keep the temps down.

RC Enthusiast
    Whats with the wheelie? I can wheelie a bike why do you need to wheelie a race truck?

RC Competitor
    My slash with velinen on 3s will pull from a roll no problem. There is NO need for a 8000mah pack. I an other locals run 4000's and have had no problems, and in a vxl pede get an easy 30minutes of wide open run time. I see no way a brushed 19t could possibly run with the vxl, unless you were running 3s on the brushed stuff, 2s on the brushless.

Yeah I am not crazy about wheelies in an rc either it is neat for about 5 seconds and then it is useless, come on a 1hp motor can lift the front of a 5lb truck hello that is not spectacular it is simple physics. If four wheels don't stay planted what good is the power, you cant steer. The speed is great but if you can't control the rc it isn't much fun and it gets prohibitively expensive replacing parts and buying batteries. I want to see a vxl 4tec now that would be awesome to see in person, if it stays together. But to each their own.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by junkman
    My slash with velinen on 3s will pull from a roll no problem. There is NO need for a 8000mah pack. I an other locals run 4000's and have had no problems, and in a vxl pede get an easy 30minutes of wide open run time. I see no way a brushed 19t could possibly run with the vxl, unless you were running 3s on the brushed stuff, 2s on the brushless.

It wasn't me running it. I was relaying what I herd from a friend of mine. I didn't see it personnaly.