Thread: Finally got it.

RC Racer

Finally got it.

Hey There Everyone,
    I got my Slash today!! It is so cool, I almost fell over when I saw the size of this thing. When I went to the LHS to pick er' up they had one out of the box sitting next to a Losi DT and it dwarfs the Losi. Also saw an E-Revo, very nice.

I got it home and took er' for a spin, just to see how it felt stock, and it was pretty fun. Jumps very nice, but she is a tick on the slow side. So I took it in the basement and swapped the VXL from my Bandit into it and now she is SMOKIN'!!! (Well not literally). The performance is much improved, it definitely blows my mustache back now. VXL is definitely the way to go for this little piggy.

Hopefully I can get some vid up for everyone soon.
    Time flys like the wind, fruit flys like bannanas

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    Congrats on the new truck!
    Get your vote on.

Can't wait for the vid. Is it very stable on road or does it tip easily?
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Champion
    It's very grippy on asphalt! You have to be careful turning sharp at speed, it will roll over. It didn't take long to adjust to it and with just the right brake and steering input you can get it to slide without tipping however.

On dirt, it's right at home. Looks and feels just like a real CORR truck. Well, feels like I would expect a real one to.. not that I've ever driven a 1:1 CORR
    Traxxas racing!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBandit
    Hey There Everyone,
    I got my Slash today!! It is so cool, I almost fell over when I saw the size of this thing. When I went to the LHS to pick er' up they had one out of the box sitting next to a Losi DT and it dwarfs the Losi. Also saw an E-Revo, very nice.

I got it home and took er' for a spin, just to see how it felt stock, and it was pretty fun. Jumps very nice, but she is a tick on the slow side. So I took it in the basement and swapped the VXL from my Bandit into it and now she is SMOKIN'!!! (Well not literally). The performance is much improved, it definitely blows my mustache back now. VXL is definitely the way to go for this little piggy.

Hopefully I can get some vid up for everyone soon.
    Little Piggy is right................LOL Big night and day difference with the VXL in it. I had to put my VXl in it after 2 charges at the track when I couldn't really clear the doubles!! But there is no doubt about it, the VXL is like Viagara for your truck, turns it into a complete animal. Glad you're enjoying it as much as I am, don't get your mustache caught in that motor!!
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 31794ty
    Can't wait for the vid. Is it very stable on road or does it tip easily?

On cement/asphault it rolls on turns if your too hot into a corner...not because of bad handling...it's because the turning radius is so tight!

Its gonna be crazy on dirt...
    Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Congrats!! Hope you enjoy driving your Slash! What time are you going back to pickup and E-Revo? Only joking. Look forward to seeing the vid

RC Qualifier
    i think the xl-5 is not enough for this big machine.it needs more power to get the 22inch r/c going!

RC Racer
    My sons graduation party was today, so I had a good crowd to watch and cheer. Everyone thought this was just the coolest thing they ever saw. I decided to throw a 7 cell EP in it and holy crap, what a handful!! I was pulling the front wheels off the ground whenever I hit a bump. I think I will finally upgrade to LiPo, I have been toying with the idea for a while for my nitro cars receiver packs.

It definitely grippy on the asphalt I flipped er on the old lid a few times (now it has a little character). Once you get a feel for it though, it is much easier to keep the greasy side down. It is most certainly one of the funnest trucks I've ever ran. Tomorrow I am hoping to get it up to the track for a little Dirt action. The kids want to go up a play around for the day for Fathers Day (honestly I think they will be begging for their own Slashes all day)

Well, I gotta go help clean up the after party mess.
    Hasta la pizza
    Time flys like the wind, fruit flys like bannanas

RC Qualifier
    Call Traxxas and tell them you just sold a couple Slashes. Tell them you'll work on commission .

Seems Traxxas has hit a home run with the Slash. It's as good as it was hyped to be, and quite possibly better.
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Champion
    Agreed, I would be very surprised if it isn't awarded RC of the year for most magazines. Everyone that has seen them has asked where they can get one.
    Traxxas racing!