Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: VXL vs Titan

  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    139

    VXL vs Titan

    Here is a question for ya. I got my slash today... and needless to say i wish it was faster. so im thinking of getting the VXL for it.

    Anyways, with everything else equal (i.e. same battery, same pinion, same driving habits, same everything), can i expect the VXL to give me better, worse or equal run times as the stock XL5 with the Titan? Please answer that question if you know the answer thanks!

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Ft Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,312
    Typically brushless gives you more performance and more run time if everything else is the same.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

  3. #3
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    69
    Better run time more effficent.

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7
    I just installed my VXL yesterday, with a 7-Cell 5000 Venom and so far it is nice.....real nice. The Slash is a lot faster, runs more efficiently but is definitely a lot harder to handle. Turns in the dirt can't be done at full throttle, but any straightaway it is fine. It just takes some getting used to.

    Oh and dont stand behind it when taking off, it spits rocks at about 1000 mph.

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,242
    Run times will be about the same. The VXL is more efficient but will draw more power. Of course you said same driving habits, but I dare you to try and drive the VXL at Titan speed
    Traxxas racing!

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild
    Run times will be about the same. The VXL is more efficient but will draw more power. Of course you said same driving habits, but I dare you to try and drive the VXL at Titan speed

    true true... by driving habits i mainly meant throttle control habits.. i.e. floored with the titan vs floored with the VXL and so on

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    KSU land
    Posts
    1,065
    I ran my new Slash for a minute stock to see how it was. Looked much slower than my stock Stampede but I think that's only because it's big.
    Dropped in my VXL and 7 cell and it's moving along nicely but not roasting the tires the whole way. I like how it is thus far.

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    somewhere in Mo
    Posts
    4,809
    A VXL will be way more efficient. Mi freind ran a battery through his stock brushed truck and it ran out in 20 minutes. I ran the exact same battery in my VXL motor and it lasted 25 minutes. It WILL make a difference.
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oil Country
    Posts
    1,388
    My Rustler VXL ran 3 mins longer than my E-maxx sized Radioshack on the same battery. The difference probably would have been larger if the capacity was more than 3600 mah.

    VXL=15 mins

    Radioshack=12 mins

    PS-I need an 8000 mah lipo.
    Violence solves everything.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Maxwell, TX
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshgearf150
    Here is a question for ya. I got my slash today... and needless to say i wish it was faster. so im thinking of getting the VXL for it.

    Anyways, with everything else equal (i.e. same battery, same pinion, same driving habits, same everything), can i expect the VXL to give me better, worse or equal run times as the stock XL5 with the Titan? Please answer that question if you know the answer thanks!
    The VXL will spin the "you know what" out of the rears. With the stock pinion the top speed was ok and take off would pull donuts. I put the bigger pinion and top speed was amazing but it will still spin the tires like mad!
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    P-Town
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by SkulliWulli
    The VXL will spin the "you know what" out of the rears. With the stock pinion the top speed was ok and take off would pull donuts. I put the bigger pinion and top speed was amazing but it will still spin the tires like mad!

    dose the motor and esc stay kool with the optional pinion or should i stay stock with it? i aska lika

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Maxwell, TX
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Bobby
    dose the motor and esc stay kool with the optional pinion or should i stay stock with it? i aska lika
    I didn't notice any change in motor temp from the stock to optional pinion. As far as the ESC, hardly any heat at all. NO !
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •