Thread: VXL vs Titan

RC Racer

VXL vs Titan

Here is a question for ya. I got my slash today... and needless to say i wish it was faster. so im thinking of getting the VXL for it.

Anyways, with everything else equal (i.e. same battery, same pinion, same driving habits, same everything), can i expect the VXL to give me better, worse or equal run times as the stock XL5 with the Titan? Please answer that question if you know the answer thanks!

RC Champion
    Typically brushless gives you more performance and more run time if everything else is the same.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Competitor
    Better run time more effficent.

RC poster
    I just installed my VXL yesterday, with a 7-Cell 5000 Venom and so far it is nice.....real nice. The Slash is a lot faster, runs more efficiently but is definitely a lot harder to handle. Turns in the dirt can't be done at full throttle, but any straightaway it is fine. It just takes some getting used to.

Oh and dont stand behind it when taking off, it spits rocks at about 1000 mph.

RC Champion
    Run times will be about the same. The VXL is more efficient but will draw more power. Of course you said same driving habits, but I dare you to try and drive the VXL at Titan speed
    Traxxas racing!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild
    Run times will be about the same. The VXL is more efficient but will draw more power. Of course you said same driving habits, but I dare you to try and drive the VXL at Titan speed

true true... by driving habits i mainly meant throttle control habits.. i.e. floored with the titan vs floored with the VXL and so on

RC Champion
    I ran my new Slash for a minute stock to see how it was. Looked much slower than my stock Stampede but I think that's only because it's big.
    Dropped in my VXL and 7 cell and it's moving along nicely but not roasting the tires the whole way. I like how it is thus far.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A VXL will be way more efficient. Mi freind ran a battery through his stock brushed truck and it ran out in 20 minutes. I ran the exact same battery in my VXL motor and it lasted 25 minutes. It WILL make a difference.
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

RC Champion
    My Rustler VXL ran 3 mins longer than my E-maxx sized Radioshack on the same battery. The difference probably would have been larger if the capacity was more than 3600 mah.

VXL=15 mins

Radioshack=12 mins

PS-I need an 8000 mah lipo.
    Violence solves everything.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshgearf150
    Here is a question for ya. I got my slash today... and needless to say i wish it was faster. so im thinking of getting the VXL for it.

Anyways, with everything else equal (i.e. same battery, same pinion, same driving habits, same everything), can i expect the VXL to give me better, worse or equal run times as the stock XL5 with the Titan? Please answer that question if you know the answer thanks!
    The VXL will spin the "you know what" out of the rears. With the stock pinion the top speed was ok and take off would pull donuts. I put the bigger pinion and top speed was amazing but it will still spin the tires like mad!
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SkulliWulli
    The VXL will spin the "you know what" out of the rears. With the stock pinion the top speed was ok and take off would pull donuts. I put the bigger pinion and top speed was amazing but it will still spin the tires like mad!

dose the motor and esc stay kool with the optional pinion or should i stay stock with it? i aska lika

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Bobby
    dose the motor and esc stay kool with the optional pinion or should i stay stock with it? i aska lika
    I didn't notice any change in motor temp from the stock to optional pinion. As far as the ESC, hardly any heat at all. NO !
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!