RC Qualifier

Battery Mounting? Straps?

The standard battery retainer doesn't allow you to use side by side hump packs, it only lets you use stick style hump packs... So what would be the best way to mount a side by side hump pack into the Slash? If anyone has done something, can you post a picture? I'm going to order some batteries from SPC here shortly, and am trying to get ideas on how to mount them. I would normally just get a 7-cell flat pack and not worry about it, but I wanted to use the batteries in my Stampede too though. So anyone have any ideas?

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    9 cell pack look here. pic
    Get your vote on.

RC Qualifier
    Can I get some info on that strap and how you have it mounted? That would work PERFECT I think for mounting packs. Thanks for the picture that looks like what I would need. Where did you pick it up though, and how is it mounted to the chassis?

RC Qualifier
    There's a screw hole by the ESC if you look at your chassis. The front attached to the spot where the orginal hold down was placed. The strap can be found on ebay. search gorilla strap. I get them when I bought my g2 chassis. I recently sold it but kept the straps.
    Get your vote on.

RC Qualifier
    http://www.spcracing.com/index.php?productID=33

That would be the straps right? I looked on eBay and didn't seem to find them, but I think these are the ones that come with the G2 chassis on gorillamaxx's website. Did you use the mounting washer to mount to the hole in front of the ESC mount, also from your picture it looks like you used the body pin mount thing to screw the front piece down? How does it hold up in a crash and what not?

RC Qualifier
    Yes, that's the strap. I don't know how it will hold up, I rarely crash.
    Get your vote on.

I using a 6 Cell side by side Duratrax battery and it fits really good. It's a nice firm fit. I believe that that a 7 Cell side by side will fit with no mods.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMND3&P=7