RC Qualifier

Slash vs Losi Desert Truck video

Found an odd little video comparing the Slash to a Losi Desert truck. The Slash looks WAY more scale!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud6WkHmEUxU
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

Do you know which one is faster?
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Qualifier
    your right the video was alittle odd... no vid in action and yea the slash does not more scale
    .___/ ```i____"""""""ex racer
    [_^______ ^ _]Now RCdrifter & Revo
    .( o )____( o )___Backyard basher

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 31794ty
    No way to tell, no action in the vid or other info provided.

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    Where the beef?
    Get your vote on.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbage_Man
    Where the beef?
    Not in THAT video...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 31794ty
    I can tell ya Friday. Already got my Desert Truck and Slash should be here Friday.

I havent been as excited to get an RC car in quite a while as I am with the Slash. It looks like the coolest RC in all the pics. I cant wait that is for sure, I think I am going to go crazy before Friday.

I will say the Desert Truck is an awesome truck, a few downfalls but mainly a great buy. It has alum shocks, CVDs, cool lights, great looks, full bearings, and is on a proven chassis. The stock motor leaves a lot to be desired, I would venture a guess the Slash is probably gonna be maybe 5 mph faster top end and probably quicker off the line.

I would say this Slash is probably going to be more durable, especially the tranny. I put a mamba 5700 in the DT and blew the plastic idler gear. The rest are metal but the one thats not got the whole load of the 2S lipo and 5700 motor. I was running it in grass and it apparently didnt like all that torque. The slashs trans being all metal is great. Never had an issue in my bandit even on 3S.

The tires on the DT are WAY better than those that come on the Rustler/Bandit and actually last more than a couple runs with brushless. I am hoping the tires on the slash are up to par as they look to be better than the bandit/rusty.

The losi radio system is awesome, never had an issue with the TQ either, but the 2.4ghz radio rocks, its awesome to have no antennas sticking out of the body or controller.

Overall the looks of the Slash are cooler than the Desert Truck, at least the pics of the Slash anyway. Obviously the Slash is longer and wider so we will see as far as handling.
    Last edited by Jason_garrison; 06-10-2008 at 05:27 PM.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    The slash kills the DT in looks.

RC Qualifier
    Slash goes faster the losi desert truck only goes 22.1 mph. But there both really cool trucks. I wonder if there will be an aftermarket light system like on the desert truck.

RC Qualifier
    The Slash's tires have been race proven, and guys that have used them, say they're pretty decent. For stock equipment, that's high praise.
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePede
    The Slash's tires have been race proven, and guys that have used them, say they're pretty decent. For stock equipment, that's high praise.
    Race proven where and by whom?
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    They are nice. More towards the firm side. The foams in them are stiffer than my jato tires. They also seem to put up with street driving which I was suprised to see.
    Get your vote on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex's Revo 3.3
    Slash goes faster the losi desert truck only goes 22.1 mph. But there both really cool trucks. I wonder if there will be an aftermarket light system like on the desert truck.
    Hooking up some LED's would be pretty simple, but then again, that's what I do for a living. You could even run them on a separate battery to not draw from installed, but even then, LED's don't draw much. I know some people that have taken the combat LED flashlight and batteries to their Rusty, and you can get a good 25 ft of light ahead of it while it's running, the problem we found was that they run extremely hot.

I'll be getting my Slash next week, can't wait to see what I can do.
    Rusty and MaxAmps, Ready for Slash

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_garrison
    Race proven where and by whom?
    By the guys in the Slash Pro Motion Foto movie that got deleted from the Traxxas forum. You might want to take a look on ultimaterc.com and see if you can find it there .
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy