RC Competitor

discuss Slash Issues

Hi all,
    I'd like to start a thread to talk about the issues that we've come across with the Slash.

Some of this has been talked about in other threads. Here is what I have observed.

- Body rubbing.
    I rubbed paint off the body above the front tires the first time out. To fix this I trimmed about 3/32 off the front fender well, but found that a better solution for me was to raise the body posts. I used some washers to elevate the stock front posts, and raised the rear posts using the higher holes. I also took someone’s advice and used some aluminum tape i had around to make small patches under the body where rub could occur.

-Rear bumper
    The brackets that hold the rear bumper on under the tranny can pop off on hard landings.

What has has anyone else come across that would be considered a design issue?

Love the truck!
    Question Everything

RC Enthusiast
    I have the same problems that you have and the only other thing that I have had happen is the velcro isnt stuck to the side bumbers anymore. No biggie by anymeans but I've only run 3 packs throu the truck and I don't think I've pulled the body off more than 10 times. Might not even worry about it but want know if there will be a problem with the sides not being stuck to the chasie till I get to do some rubbin I mean racin LOL..

Post edited for language.
    NC
    Last edited by Nitro Chicken; 06-13-2008 at 10:52 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Stock you cant run a 14 or 12t pinion in the transmission and get proper mesh so I couldnt throw my mamba 7700 in today Ill have it working tomorrow at the races. everything else is the same though.

RC Competitor
    I forgot about that velcro issue, i had the same problem. The velcro stayed on the body but pealed off the nerf bars.

I cut some strips of real 3M velcro and used them on the bars. So far so good, the glue seems to be a lot stronger.
    Question Everything

RC Champion
    I put a very thin beed of goop glue all the way aaround the velcro on the nerf bars this should stop it from pulling off....I don't realy think you need the velcro in the first place....
    Thanks
    Z....

RC Competitor
    One of my shock caps, poped loose twice to where you could see a few threads of the shock above the hex part. I went to the LHS and picked up some of the aluminum shock caps. The guy there said it's pretty common and this should resolve the issue. Time will tell I guess

This happen to anyone else?
    Question Everything

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by routergod
    One of my shock caps, poped loose twice to where you could see a few threads of the shock above the hex part. I went to the LHS and picked up some of the aluminum shock caps. The guy there said it's pretty common and this should resolve the issue. Time will tell I guess

This happen to anyone else?

ya aluminum caps make it all good
    FLM 4s Rustler, MM, lowered, more FLM soon

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    The velcro ticked me off!!! They must have know it would fail in a matter of 3 or 4 uses. Now I have sticky nerf bars. Sticky bars and body rubs I guess that's not bad.
    Get your vote on.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbage_Man
    The velcro ticked me off!!! They must have know it would fail in a matter of 3 or 4 uses. Now I have sticky nerf bars. Sticky bars and body rubs I guess that's not bad.

Haha.

My biggest Slash issue is that they won't be in the UK for another month and a half

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    LOL. good one. my issue is that i had one waiting for me but i couldnt get my bank to allow the payment in time. cause some idiot at the bank put a 10 day hold on a deposit.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Competitor

The Wheelie bar... Um I mean rear bumper.

Looks like the same mount as the wheelie bar for the rear bumper. I don't know why they continue with this grooved mounting system. Just a flat plate held in with 4 extended screws on the bottom would seem to be better. Of course the slash has those ribs in that section so they'd have to redo that.

I had an issue with the rear bumper getting caught on a ramp. To fix it, I just dremeled a bevel onto the opposing area, and am hoping it resolves the issue. Kinda weird how it sticks down past the ribs, till now

RC poster
    Velcro - I replaced once already with a generic set, seems to be much better.

Body Rubbing - I am seeing some wear in a few spots.

Rear Bumper - It slipped out of the bracket but was easy to fix.

Other than that, for my first R/C the Slash is great.

RC Qualifier
    Got my Slash in today. Ran two packs on the titan just to try it out and it was ok. Installed the VXL, aluminum bellcrank steering, 23t pinion, and some Axial Rocksters with HPI Yokohama Geolanders.

First thing I noticed is that I had to dremel the front skid because the bellcrank was catching on the forward lip slightly(minor issue)

Next thing I noticed is that the rear diff is too loose causing the one wheel peel(as mentioned in another thread). I may try some of that heavier lube to try and stiffen it up.

I would also recommend the hardened steel output yokes(Part #4628X). Blew the right side apart on the second battery on the VXL. I got it back together but it won't hold. It keeps popping out.

As soon as it gets too dark to drive I will clean it up and post some pics.

THIS THING ROCKS WITH THE VXL AND 5000mah NiMH !!!!!
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Enthusiast
    Titan 12t--- SUXS... Frist I thought it was broke or brunt up from whippin some donuts in some loss dirt, It just stopped working! After looking at it decided to wash it out and it started workin, Put it back in the truck 2 batt. pack later it snapped off the copper thing in the back of the motor. So now think its time for an UPGRADE!!!!

RC Qualifier
    not really an issue but if anybody have a head on collision with something and noticed that the stearing is tweaked, check if the steering bellcranks poped out of position or not before messing with the servo saver.
    .___/ ```i____"""""""ex racer
    [_^______ ^ _]Now RCdrifter & Revo
    .( o )____( o )___Backyard basher