RC Competitor

Where are the Slash reviews?

Shouldnt there be reviews out for the Slash by now? If you know of any please post link

I was looking for some reviews early today and couldn't find any either. So any one know where to find a review????
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Champion
    I saw a short article in an RC Magazine earlier today, but it wasn't much of a review. Just some photos of the chassis and information about the specs, they didn't drive it.
    Traxxas racing!

DIDN'T DRIVE IT!?!?!?!?!?!? Those people are crazy!!!!
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Racer
    http://www.rccaraction.com/ME2/dirmo...A5D574FA990AA8

(the best I could come up with!)

BTW - the magazines have a long lead-time before publication, so the best they have is shots from RCX or direct from Traxxas in print so far. Wait until the next month's issue, or maybe even the one after that!
    Last edited by !bungle; 06-03-2008 at 03:12 PM.
    Dirk
    Slash,#3905 E-Maxx,Rustler,Stampede,9 more

RC Champion
    Yes it was dissapointing. I was in the LHS hoping to get a date for them to stock the Slash, and there is an RC mag on the counter with the Slash on the cover. Nice bikini model holding it and everything.

Flip it open to the article, it's two pages only. Same pictures we've seen, some praise about how it looks and the feature set, and that's it.
    Traxxas racing!

Forget the reviews, wheres the actual product??? Seems a few of us got the shaft from UH, and we are members that would be greatful to have them and give a review. Seems they were sold from under us and the guy driving them probably doesnt even know traxxas has a site....lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by icepick832
    Forget the reviews, wheres the actual product??? Seems a few of us got the shaft from UH, and we are members that would be greatful to have them and give a review. Seems they were sold from under us and the guy driving them probably doesnt even know traxxas has a site....lol
    mine finally came in!!!!!!!!!!! looks like they were shipped in very limited quantities my store only got 4, and he's telling me most hobby stores got the same treatment...... so i dont think they sold the trucks out from under you, just didnt know how many they were actually getting in .

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvmud
    mine finally came in!!!!!!!!!!! looks like they were shipped in very limited quantities my store only got 4, and he's telling me most hobby stores got the same treatment...... so i dont think they sold the trucks out from under you, just didnt know how many they were actually getting in .
    I called my LHS today and they have 4 coming in this week. Their original order was for 8, but Traxxas didn't have enough to meet the order demands. I figure that no later than this weekend, I should have at least 1, perhaps 2 of them. Now I gotta get off my butt and order up some brushless stuff for them.

RC poster

So how is it? I'm paitently waiting for a real review of it and some more pics. Thanks!! I cant wait, I am wiating on tower hobbies.

Well, it took a couple calls, but I found one and they are holding it for me till I get there. I will get some shots, and as soon as I run it, I will try my hand at a review. The downfall is, I will only have a few to compare it to. Jato, Revo,Sport, Losi 8-T. So its not going to be the best review (like an RC mag where they drive them all).

RC Qualifier
    I have a simple idea for everyone to try: CHILL OUT! Just because a product was released doesn't mean the magazines will be posting full reviews of it in their next issue. Think about it. Magazines take at least a month to develop and print. The Slash just hit store shelves all but a week ago and you expect all of the R/C car magazines to have a full review on the Slash now? Don't be silly. There'll probably be a review of the Slash in the July or August issue. Give Traxxas time to send the Slash out to the hobby stores. Remember, you can want it really bad, but that won't change when it arrives at your LHS. The guys at my LHS don't even know when they're getting one, so stop complaining.
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Competitor
    ^----- no one is complaining tough guy.

maybe some folks who already got them can post a review.

RC Qualifier
    Wasn't playing the role of "tough guy". Just putting forth some common sense, sweety.
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    i am ticked since rcca said like 2 issues ago that the next would have e-revo, new tmaxx, and slash hands on reviews. and they have yet to appear.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Racer
    Did you pick yours up from Mike's? I picked mine up from there after I got off of work. Two guys drove from Waco to buy one!!

Man, this thing is big! Ran it around the front yard for a bit then took it in the back yard and was ripping around. I didn't know my dog took a nice dump and wondered why my truck look like it ran through a big pile of mud until I got a wiff up close!

Good thing everything is water proof, had to hose the thing off! Overall awesome truck!!

Last edited by birdy233; 06-03-2008 at 07:23 PM.

RC Competitor
    ^^^ post a video!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisfc1972
    ^^^ post a video!
    I agree, I want to see one too if you can.

Oh man, the wait is killing me... My battery pack died the other day so now I can't even run my VXL Stampede right now either. Waiting on SPC for some new 7-Cell packs, for the Slash and my Stampede. I think the first thing I'm going to do is pull the VXL from the Stampede and stick it in the Slash, and then run the waterproof XL-5 in the Stampede instead. A brushless Slash will be amazing I bet, especially on 7-Cell SPC batteries!

Can you take some more pictures up close with the body off? I would love to see some close up pictures of the insides and stuff.
    Last edited by M.Prower; 06-03-2008 at 07:39 PM.

RC Racer
    no problem!

RC Racer
    The angle of the travel of the front suspension sure pushes the front wheels to the forward edge of the quarter panels at rest. That's about the only thing that doesn't look scale... and I'm still getting one! Might try to trim an aftermarket body's front fenders differently, when they become available. The factory clear bodies are probably pre-cut, as recent Traxxas bodies I've seen seem to be.
    Dirk

RC Qualifier
    Just as I thought, it was really hard to see in the official pictures but that servo is right in the open... Just a matter of time before it clips a rock or gets tangled with grass or something. I may have to come up with some type of brush guard for the servo at some point. Thanks for the pictures though, awesome looking truck! I can't wait till I get my hands on one.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by birdy233
    Did you pick yours up from Mike's? I picked mine up from there after I got off of work. Two guys drove from Waco to buy one!!

Man, this thing is big! Ran it around the front yard for a bit then took it in the back yard and was ripping around. I didn't know my dog took a nice dump and wondered why my truck look like it ran through a big pile of mud until I got a wiff up close!

Good thing everything is water proof, had to hose the thing off! Overall awesome truck!!

Nope i shop at Roy's... man they have tons of decals with it as well!!!!!!!!!!!.. i can probably score an extra one there if anyone is interested...

v

RC Champion
    Lucky guys! You guys live in Texas to get them so fast?

RC Qualifier
    Rc Car Action will have their review in next months Issue (august I think) I bought one yesterday because Slash was partly on the cover.I was bummed at no review,Guess we'll have to wait 'till next month to see what others think....I'm still waiting for mine and don't care what others think....The Slash will be SICK!
    Paddle Tires Make Everything Better

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Truck
    Lucky guys! You guys live in Texas to get them so fast?
    Nope people in Cali got 1st dibs........ they ported from Taiwan there and were shipped out of cali...... i just know the guys at my LHS, and had already paid for one when it arrives... i got to choose my color...... YAY

North Carolina here, and they got 4 today (LHS I went to, but they were just over the border in S.C.)

RC Champion
    Ahh, they're getting closer. lol

RC Qualifier
    Nice pics!

I'll be calling my LHS tomorrow to see if they got any in.

RC Racer
    RC Car Action Online & Features Editor Matt Higgins has his first comments up on his blog :

http://www.rccaraction.com/ME2/dirmo...8A5D33BC29737B

Sounds like he's a fan!
    Dirk

RC Enthusiast
    Heres a little review.
    Got mine on Friday. Installed the antennae, charged a battery, set the speed control, hit the track.

Its a well done kit. Tough, great attitude on the track and in the air. The suspension soaks up the terrain. Everyone at the track wants to race them in Kit form. They are not blazing fast, yet not un realistic in speed like the 4wd buggies. Tires work well.

A pack of these all racing together will be a blast. As soon as more are available!!!!!

My fastest lap in the XL5 Slash was about 3 seconds off the fastest lap of a B44 with Mamba Max 5700. And only 17 seconds slower than a 1/8 scale buggy. loamy clay track with well over 1,000 feet per lap.

http://www.wolfpackracetrack.com

RC Qualifier
    Those of you that have a Slash are so lucky. My hobby shop has no clue when they can get them in.

RC poster
    Yeah, I heard through the grapevine that the first batch was completely shipped. If you don't have one yet, it might be awhile depending on how fast they are putting them together

As for reviews, I'm no pro but I do consider myself an expert and I can honestly say that the Slash is great on the track. It looks real as it leans over in the corner which gives it a ton of side bite. You can traction roll it if you aren't careful. But once slowed down, it rotates great through the corners, sometimes out performing the "other" trucks. I do recommend some 60wt if you have any airtime at all on your track because the stock oil is really plush. Too plush unless you are running on a scale CORR track, which I plan to build soon.

Great truck in every way. I can already feel the need for more power but it has plenty for a spec class and will keep me happy for quite some time until we build our Slash class to the point where we can start splitting up into different performance classes.

I haven't had the chance to run on a blue groove but on watered sandy loam these tires are going to work great. If there is any dust or sand on dry non grooved dirt, you are going to find it hard to keep the truck straight. Maybe TRAXXAS will come out with some alternative dry tires soon.

That all for now from a scatter brained Slash fiend.

RC Enthusiast
    Me and victor up above me drove to mikes from Austin to get the last two they had, it was a good move.

RC Competitor
    We have the Slash on the current cover of XRC, and only because we got one a day before we went to print with it, so for it to actually be on the cover and show people the truck is awesome. The review is in our next issue which comes out in about 2 weeks.