Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Well I guess I will just keep my stock chassis due to the water-proof issue. BUT, if I start having problems breaking my chassis, then I guess I will have to sacrifice water-proof and just velcro/double side tape the Traxxas receiver without the box and get the FLM chassis.

But about the steering problem. What are all the options to fix that?
    E-maxx 3905-SOLD!!!

-Losi 8ight buggy nitro

RC Champion
    The Oracle : thanks for the comment and the support

madd_maxx08: my solution : buy one powerful steering servo with a shorter servo horn (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHGB3&P=7). And if you do that you will have enough space to use the stock receiver box

RC Qualifier
    Touche, as they say in France.

A single, high torque (150-200 oz/in) metal geared servo can be had fairly cheap from *********, or futaba/hitec have some nice items for a good price.
    Dont consult me, just read the FAQ.

RC Champion
    if you still want to use two servos two of these might work. not sure if it would sit low enough for the stock rx box to clear.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRWS8&P=7
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle
    Touche, as they say in France.

A single, high torque (150-200 oz/in) metal geared servo can be had fairly cheap from *********, or futaba/hitec have some nice items for a good price.
    I have this.http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNRN6&P=SM I think it is the same an the hitec Ti gear servo. This thing is a beast and a fair price. I have my bec set at 6v for 333 oz-in of tork. One is more than enough tork.
    Last edited by Rnemhrd; 11-16-2008 at 12:36 PM.
    Ever hear this? That toy truck cost how much?!?!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx
    New vid !! Only big jumps !!

I returned to the Skate Park to make only big jumps
    Enjoy : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=AiG-aEqpalc (don't forget to watch it in high quality ).

My Hero !!!!

Very Well Done

RC Qualifier
    I've heard of the Hobbico servo- same spec as the hitec beasty HS-5995t? thing, only cheaper. I have noticed my dual hs645s lack a bit of turning power with my big treads I like to use- upgrade time in a few months probably me thinks....
    Dont consult me, just read the FAQ.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle
    I've heard of the Hobbico servo- same spec as the hitec beasty HS-5995t? thing, only cheaper. I have noticed my dual hs645s lack a bit of turning power with my big treads I like to use- upgrade time in a few months probably me thinks....
    They look the same also. I love it and will be getting another for my x1 crt It's a beast. This is the hitec replacement for the 5995t $114.99 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHZR3&P=7 the hobbico is $25.00 cheaper I love cheaper
    Last edited by Rnemhrd; 11-16-2008 at 06:58 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnemhrd
    I have this.http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNRN6&P=SM I think it is the same an the hitec Ti gear servo. This thing is a beast and a fair price. I have my bec set at 6v for 333 oz-in of tork. One is more than enough tork.
    seems to be like the HITECH 5255 if i remember right,,,anyone???
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Qualifier
    So Popoxx when will we see you in a LiPo costume?

Best Regards
    E-maxx Sweden

RC Champion
    Post #267 Awsome vid! Awesome truck! and Awesome song choice for the vid! Rock & Roll by Led Zeppelin! Zeppelin is my favorite!

Nice flight control btw

RC Champion
    2nd the lipo costume!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    Thanks all

The next and last lipo step will take place in Christmas I will soon order the Hyperion Duo and the four SPC 8000mAh 2s2p lipo batteries. I have already received my power supply but I will see it for my birthday (December 24th). I can't wait to see the difference between my Nimh and lipo batteries

RC Champion
    night and day my friend.. night and day.
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sweet video popoxx, you have a nice truck too
    Werks powered Mugen MBX6T!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Great video! The jump you made at 1:00 was so smooth! Nice backflips as well. Keeep em coming!

RC Champion
    ^^^^^^^^^
    agreed with !!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    One more time : thanks all

I hadn't included in the vid this perfect backflip : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=_iWtTs7-D7Q (watch it in high quality).

Hey eemmaaxxxx, I didn't see pics of your E-Maxx for a long time, your project is finished ?

And you akrimmel, did you finally buy the FLM chassis ?

RC Qualifier
    wow such great control. im suprised that you ever crash at all, your driving seems to be perfect
    Emaxx 3905 FS in the market place.

RC Qualifier
    You are soooooo skilled Popoxx, it's a joy to watch your stunt. Maybe I'll need to go to France to learn.

Best Regards
    E-Maxx Sweden

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx

Hey eemmaaxxxx, I didn't see pics of your E-Maxx for a long time, your project is finished ?

:

To answer your question, no it's not finished. I need to finished the Unslow harness I just needed a break from RC so I havn't touched the truck for a couple of months. I'm Back now!!!

RC Champion
    know that feeling!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Qualifier
    Sweet vids Popoxx!!! How is the FLM chassis? I just broke my stock chassis and can't see getting another stock one. FLM or the G4 Gorillamaxx? I know you have pounded the FLM chassis.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnemhrd
    Sweet vids Popoxx!!! How is the FLM chassis? I just broke my stock chassis and can't see getting another stock one. FLM or the G4 Gorillamaxx? I know you have pounded the FLM chassis.
    Personally, even if there are some problems with the FLM 3905 chassis (stock receiver box and steering bellcrank system don't fit), this chassis is perfect !! My E-Maxx is unbreakable !!!
    I didn't buy the Gorillamaxx chassis because of the low CG, not very good for bashing But it's also a beautiful chassis
    There is a third option : Kershaw Designs chassis. I saw it in the RCCA issue of this month, it looks good and strong and you can adjust the CG

RC Champion
    i made the necesssary modds to get everything to my liking and the FLM chassis is great!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by akrimmel
    i made the necesssary modds to get everything to my liking and the FLM chassis is great!!!
    Pics ??

RC Qualifier
    Thank You Popoxx. I have a brushless truggy so I think I will keep the maxx like a monster truck and get the FLM chassis. I have the single servo setup so I think the reciever box will fit and the steering should clear. I know you tested it well, thats why I wanted your opinion.

RC Champion
    well? !!!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion

Which steering bellcrank system for the 3905 FLM chassis ?

Finally, there are 3 steering bellcrank systems which can be used with the 3905 FLM chassis :

1) Stock Traxxas steering bellcrank : just dremel the chassis braces so that the servo horns don't rub against them. I know you think this solution will weaken the chassis braces, but in fact the blue bellcrank posts prevent the chassis braces from bending.

2) Traxxas steering bellcrank with only one servo : just buy a shorter servo horn like this one for example : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHGB3&P=7.

3) Traxxas steering bellcrank with two saver springs (E-maxx Sweden found this solution on Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdRvYsMaHgw) : you need two stock Traxxas steering bellcranks (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKN2&P=Z), and these servo horns & linkages (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHGB1&P=7). And of course you don't need the steering drag link (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKN8&P=7).

Just FYI

RC Champion

2nd lipo step

I installed the Novak Smart Stop 2-Cell LVC :

Before

After

Too many wires !!

I put the indicator LED under the chassis to see it easily :

I ordered the Hyperion Duo charger and 4 SPC 2s2p 8000mAh
    My E-Maxx will be Lipo Ready & Equipped in 19 days

RC Racer
    This thread is amazing Popoxx, I've really enjoyed reading all your updates and watching your amazing driving skill and technique in your videos. First I want to say congrats on your Hyperion and LiPos. I myself am waiting for some ProMatch 4600 8.4v packs and an Onyx 240 and seeing that you got 20 mins out of your 3300s gives me a lot of hope for the 4600s. I have been currently using 2400s in a loaned 3906 and have been having a good time with it.

I had a thought on people wanting to use the e-maxx waterproof receiver box and thought maybe people should try the slash waterproff receiver box. It looks a little smaller than the e-maxx one and is a different shape. I know you don't want one Popoxx but maybe the other people who were trying to figure out how to mount one would think about it.

Also Popoxx I wanted to know how your Maximizer beadlocks were holding up? I haven't seen you post anything about them so I assume they are good. I would like to get a set and possibly some of the tires you have. How are the tires wearing btw?

Thanks and keep up the great thread! I know we all can't wait to see some vids with your new lipos.
    5608 3905 5805 7108, DF-03RA, 2x AX-10, MRC

RC Champion
    Waouh thanks for the compliments 13thwarrior

I have a slash waterproof receiver box (for my E-Revo project ), and this one is really bigger than the 3905 E-Maxx one. So you can't use it either (I tested for those who really want a waterproof receiver box). Only two solutions : a balloon or a steering bellcrank with only one servo.

Yeah my Maximizer beadlocks & Proline Mulcher tires are great and strong ! This setup is perfect for off-road bashing But don't use the Mulcher tires on hard grounds otherwise the little "pics" of the tires will wear out quickly

New pics and vids in 18 days !

RC Champion
    looking forward to it.
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Qualifier
    Your FLM E-Maxx is going to fly Popoxx with those LiPo

Nice setup with the LVC, it's a life savier.

Where did you buy your Hyperion Duo and the SPC 8000mAh 2s2p lipo batteries from, do you have a link?

Best Regards
    E-Maxx Sweden

RC Racer
    Not sure about Popoxx, but I bought my Hyperion 0610i NET from Pat at rclipos.com A very good and easy guy to deal with, free intl shipping too. (I am in Australia). Good prices and service. He has the new Duo II charger for sale too.

RC Champion
    agreed with emaxx sweeden.
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion

Last lipo step !!

Look what I found close to the Christmas tree !!! :

- Hyperion Duo charger
    - Powerful power supply
    - SPC 8000mAh 2s2p Lipo batteries

Here are some comparison pics between GP 3300mAh 6-cell Nimh batteries and SPC 8000mAh 2s2p Lipo batteries :

- Dimensions :

- Weight :

RC Champion
    I thought Lipo batts were lighter and smaller than Nimh batts...

So I had to modify my custom battery boxes. I cut the other side of the boxes and I drilled another hole :

Before :

After :

Stock Novak box :

Given that the "bars" of the FLM battery plates are really sharp, I added two rubber pieces so that the straps don't tear :

RC Champion
    With the batteries :

RC Champion

I think this setup is really strong It's time to test it, it's time to bash !!!! Video coming soon