Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by wade7575
    Did Novak just start selling 32p recently,the last time I checked they were olny selling MOD 1 with a 5MM bore.
    Now Novak sells 32P 5mm bore : http://www.shopatron.com/index/135.0.32452.32455.0.0.0

RC Champion

New options !

Just x10

RC Champion
    Finished !

I installed my new radio system very quickly. It's plug & play ! I like that
    I look forward to using my E-Maxx this weekend !

I love the short antenna

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice radio. Congrats!!!

Just make sure you reverse the throttle position on your radio and set the failsafe to 0% throttle.
    Brushless Emaxx
    Brushless Kyosho ST RR
    Supermaxx

RC Champion
    very nice ! capacitor , lead free solder, new temp guage and wheel wrench, love the soldering Iron, need to get a nice one like that for myself ! Whats in the HPI bag ? lol

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by george16
    Nice radio. Congrats!!!

Just make sure you reverse the throttle position on your radio and set the failsafe to 0% throttle.
    I know ! I read with attention all your posts (and other) about the 3PM settings for the 3905 E-Maxx

And the failsafe function is just for HRS Mode (I use the PPM mode because I have the stock non-digital servos).

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay283
    very nice ! capacitor , lead free solder, new temp guage and wheel wrench, love the soldering Iron, need to get a nice one like that for myself ! Whats in the HPI bag ? lol
    Some black zip ties With my future black chassis I prefer to use black stuff (the harmony of colors... ).

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks great! How much more stuff are you waiting for before it is "finished" (they are never finished)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx
    Looks great! How much more stuff are you waiting for before it is "finished" (they are never finished)
    Finished.... to install my new radio of course

I'm waiting for 2075 servos and after my E-Maxx will be really finished (humor ).

And at the end of the year : lipo ! I will buy the Hyperion Duo charger with two pairs of batteries (7.4V 2S2P 8000mAh at least). But I don't know yet which ones.

RC Champion
    u might wanna try and arange it so that you got a bit more vertical aerial....

its made a huge diff with my spektrum having that extra half inch vertical....

but nice bits of kit there mate
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahn
    u might wanna try and arange it so that you got a bit more vertical aerial....

its made a huge diff with my spektrum having that extra half inch vertical....

but nice bits of kit there mate
    Thanks !

The antenna is very short ! I will test like that this weekend and I will see if I have to change the setup. Thanks for the tip

RC Champion
    no worries...it will still be a lot better than stock but i doubled my range with a lil adjustment

RC Qualifier
    Popoxx that is a very nice truck, congrats. You just got to love those short 3pm antennas.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Very nice indeed, especially that weller iron. Makes my rusty thing look like poop, but it does its job okay.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    haha its ok i got a 15 pathetic iron that can barly burn abit of paper lol...and i still mannage neil lol :P

RC Champion
    Thanks all !

My soldering station is great ! I managed very easily to solder TRX connectors ! Yahouuuuuuuuuu

With the appropriate tools all is simpler

RC Champion
    Pics of the weekend

I used for the first time my Futaba 3PM this weekend : I love it ! No glitching anymore !!

RC Champion

I just broke a servo... (bad jump, bad landing ):

Nice weekend

RC Qualifier
    Hopefully you'll get that fixed today. I can't go two days without running and if the truck is broke I can't sleep until it's fixed.
    Runnin a Rusty VXL aka MOOO & EMAXX

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Bad luck about the servo, I did that once to a 1/4scale item from hitec, wasnt best pleased. Metal gears servos are so much betterr- they dont need to be massively powerful to turn the truck, but metal doesnt break like plastic does...
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    Just an update of my option list :

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Heh, I have a similar type list too, need to update my website with it some time, but html is no fun.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx
    And the failsafe function is just for HRS Mode (I use the PPM mode because I have the stock non-digital servos).

You can still set the failsafe in PPM mode while using analog servos. I used it before shifting to all-digital servos. Go to page 24 of your manual. The procedure is at the bottom of the page and reads like this,

" How to Set the F/S Position (PPM mode)
    PPM mode only:
    *HRS mode: Set the F/S function by the fail safe function menu.
    1. Move and hold the throttle trigger to the F/S servo
    position you want to set (slow side). Then push the
    F/S switch on the transmitter.
    *The LED blinks green.
    Note: Always set the F/S position when turning on the transmitter power."
    Brushless Emaxx
    Brushless Kyosho ST RR
    Supermaxx

RC Qualifier
    just a suggestion if your really trying to make the ultimate basher why are you going to run traxxas servos specially being they have plastic gears. you could get a set of tower pro servos which are cheaper(2 for $25 free shipping) more powerful(200 in/oz) metal geared and all around a better servo. did i mention their also digital. and then spend a couple buck buy some plastidip to waterproof them and have a pretty much indestructable servo. i been running them for while in a couple of my rigs prolly like 3 years now with no issues. and i like to run through thick mud and 2 foot deep stream
    Last edited by streetracero1; 07-17-2008 at 09:10 PM.

RC Champion
    id like to see a link to those servos

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Do an ebay search for 'MG995, MG996r', that will give you the desired results; ********* has them too, though some models are stronger than others, torque wise.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by streetracero1
    just a suggestion if your really trying to make the ultimate basher why are you going to run traxxas servos specially being they have plastic gears. you could get a set of tower pro servos which are cheaper(2 for $25 free shipping) more powerful(200 in/oz) metal geared and all around a better servo. did i mention their also digital. and then spend a couple buck buy some plastidip to waterproof them and have a pretty much indestructable servo. i been running them for while in a couple of my rigs prolly like 3 years now with no issues. and i like to run through thick mud and 2 foot deep stream
    That's true, Traxxas servos are not the best for hard bashers...... and bad drivers But if you are a hard basher who drives well, Traxxas servos are excellent ! I use the Traxxas 2056 stock servos and I have never broken them... until a bad jump (which brought about a bad landing ). It was my fault.
    So I'm going to buy another Traxxas servos (the 2075'), with this spare part : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3&I=LXSGU0&P=K. I love the look of my E-Maxx with 2 servos. And if I buy aftermarket servos there will be problem of servo horns adaptation.
    Maybe it stupid, and sure there are lots of stonger and more powerful servos, but I love my Traxxas servos. It's my choice

Thanks for your recommendation

RC Champion

Chassis mod

I did it ! I changed the color of my chassis

Here are some pics of the mod :

Thanks to Rit Dye

RC Champion
    I dismantled my E-maxx of course :

Tomorrow I reassemble all these things I'm fed up to screw and unscrew

RC Qualifier
    Whatever you do, please don't buy those Towerpro 995MG servos. Sure they're digital and claim 200oz-in and a sub .16 transit speed, but I've heard far to many horror stories about centering and overshooting issues, along with a short lifespan before the gears break or the motor dies to recommend them. Two Hitec 625MG's or TRX 2070's to replace your 2056's would be great, or if you wanted to go with a single servo set-up, a Hitec 645MG should work as well.

Also, your shock socks are meant to have the ends tucked under the spring where it meets the retainer. Looks much cleaner that way.

BTW, this is the best E-Maxx I have ever seen. Love reading your build thread.
    Last edited by kavvika; 07-20-2008 at 12:40 AM.
    www.freewebs.com/projektrc

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kavvika
    Whatever you do, please don't buy those Towerpro 995MG servos. Sure they're digital and claim 200oz-in and a sub .16 transit speed, but I've heard far to many horror stories about centering and overshooting issues, along with a short lifespan before the gears break or the motor dies to recommend them. Two Hitec 625MG's or TRX 2070's to replace your 2056's would be great, or if you wanted to go with a single servo set-up, a Hitec 645MG should work as well.

Also, your shock socks are meant to have the ends tucked under the spring where it meets the retainer. Looks much cleaner that way.

BTW, this is the best E-Maxx I have ever seen. Love reading your build thread.
    Thanks a lot kavvika for your recommendation and your compliment

New pics below

RC Champion

Black & Brushless E-Maxx !

I finished to reassemble my E-Maxx ! I love the new black look

RC Champion

I hope you like it

RC Qualifier
    nice man! rally looks diffret
    3905 w/MMM Combo on 4s
    I want MERV!!!

RC Racer
    I sure wish I had that kinda terain to drive my trucks on. All I have around here in Ohio is flatlands. There's not even a track within 2 hours from me. Closest RC track is 2.5 hrs away

The city I live in has about 60,000 people...not even a hobby shop here Closest one is an hour away.

However, should be getting a house August 1st..big back yard. I'm thinking of taking up 1/4 of it for a track.

Also, after getting settled in I'm thinking about starting my own RC shop here. I just cant see how a hobby shop would do bad..

Anyways, awsome truck. I enjoyed the step by step with pic's and vids.
    E-Maxx 3905, E-Savage, Summit! Lots of batteries!

RC Champion
    New vid

Here is a new vid of bashing ! It was in the natural mountain bike track that I discovered 3 weeks ago near my home
    It was a great session, but I broke my 2 steering servos

Jumps, jumps & jumps ! Enjoy : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=XOq41Nz1dBA.

RC Champion
    popoxx...u gps'd ur truck..cause im getting really bored of waiting for castle and my rusty does about 38-40... and im looking for the same speed...so im thinking about the new HV pro withe built in lvc...

soo looking for a genuine speed and opinion, as my truck is almost exactly the same as yours apart from tyres

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Love it! I don't like the grey plastic at all!
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Champion
    Finally, I broke more than 2 servos... I broke also the head of 3 titanium screws. I managed to remove one of the screw, but it's mpossible to remove the others

Because of two screws, I'm obliged to buy new rear bulks

I noticed that the titanium screws of the bulks often break rather than bend. What about alu screws ? They bend or break ?

I need your experience

RC Champion

Video bonus !

Here is a very short vid of one jump + a nice trick in a natural ramp

Link : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=RvIcSSF7teo.

(I hate the websites which host the vids and which reduce the quality of the vids ).