Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,000 of 1158
    RC Champion
    I like these green text much better paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx
    New vid - Skate Park !! : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=GQg4TlF8AyA (watch it in high quality).

My E-Maxx deserved a nap
    Time for another cat nap perhaps. Enough with this END nonsense. Maybe you should try some light 4s and light truggy tires. Some Bowties would be sweet!

You forfeit the cool congratulatory picture. Sorry, it was gonna be great.
    BRING IT BACK!!
    Last edited by Kcaz25; 05-21-2010 at 09:14 PM.
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC Racer
    Can't End thread with pics of a broken E-Maxx with bent Integy parts to remember all of your hard work.
    Fix and repost a picture of your retired E-Maxx sitting on the shelf ,restored and clean, after a hard but fun life.
    Regards!!!
    EMaxx MMM
    EMaxx HV 6.5
    SportMaxx
    Lunchbox

RC Racer
    Canīt see you vid in Germany
    E-Maxx, MMM, 4S - 6S, Akula :-)

RC Champion
    Don't worry guys it's just the end of the try-to-make-your-maxx-completely-bulletproof quest ! No more tests, we have to find another guinea pig(s)

I keep the RPM arms, and I will buy the Ofna shocks to improve the suspension structure, and that will be the last step ! I will post pics of my maxx when I'll receive them of course and I will make a nice vid as well I swear

Thanks for your support !

RC Champion
    Popoxx when you make the new video
    I hope we break the 1000post mark
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Champion
    Hey Snoop I'm trying to reply to your comment on Youtube but it doesn't work so I post it here ! :

You : "Popoxx You can't let this be the last BlackMaxx video
    Plz keep posting on Traxxas forum and not just in the Revo section
    PLZZZZ
    c",)"

Me : "The last vid is this one in fact (you've already watched it I see ). But yes I know I need to make another... The last sessions with my maxx were really short due to reckless driving and design issues. Yesterday I did a long bash session, my maxx lasted 10 minutes until it breaks, my ERBE lasted 2 hours and I only broke a shock rod end... so the vid I'm going to edit with pdcsq shows above all the ERBE... sorry haha "

RC Champion

You tried to post a link in a comment on youtube
    That can't be done as far as I know

Thanks for the comment Popoxx
    I got my pop-corn ready (need pop-corn eating smiley)
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Champion
    Popoxx You know the Maxx is more predictable with the monoblock in the air and on the ground, which might make it less likey to make friends with an unsuspecting tree.

Did you see what that guy posted on RCM! I was just about to suggest that you use some kind of standoffs to mount your shocks to.

RC Champion
    Yes I saw the RCM member advice, I thought about this solution of course. I asked FLM if they can make these blocks, here is Jamie's answer : "We originally had something like that when we first machined these. To keep cost low we eliminated them. We could offer this part in addition to the arms. But it would be an additional part.". I asked him if some of these blocks were lying around and if he wanted to give them If not, I keep my RPM arms and maybe one day I would be motivated to make these bloks myself (I need better tools and a nice work station !!).

RC Champion
    Okay! I stand to hear the news. And you thought this build was over. You've got new supension to try fool! LOL haha. Included NEW UE SHOCKS! I hear heard from RCM. Great! OH and least we all forget you've got a radically new transmition(or lack there of) to test! Back 6 months ago its all I could think about when it came to my truck! You've got to try it. IMHO. I hear no fat lady singing.

RC poster

Thumbs up Awesome!

Your playground looks like a great one indeed. And your postings do great credit to your project - please keep up the good work, including the postings.

RC Champion

ViDEo viDEo ViDeO vidEO

Thanks JoeOvercoat ! I'm lucky to be surrounded by forests

_______

For those who still didn't see the last short vid of my maxx.... : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDRsR2IgH0

But I will soon come back with a better final version !! And a longer vid

RC poster
    What bodies fit the FLM chassis?

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    That last jump on the stampede was freakin amazing. Lucky you had tape rolling to catch something like that.

RC Racer
    Flak,
    I found with stock shock towers on the FLM chassis, the body posts don't line up, although the second you put the FLM shock towers on, the posts are exactly the same as a stock E-Maxx and the stock body shell lines up again!!
    EMaxx MMM
    EMaxx HV 6.5
    SportMaxx
    Lunchbox

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothies
    That last jump on the stampede was freakin amazing. Lucky you had tape rolling to catch something like that.
    Thanks. I must admit it was not intentional at all. But I'll try to redo it, now that I've seen the slow motion. It seems that arriving on the hump on the rear wheels and at the last minute drop the front end to get a nice impulse.

In any case, when Popoxx and I drive, there's almost always one driving and one filming. This 9mn film is a compilation of over an hour of raw footage!
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak
    What bodies fit the FLM chassis?

Thanks!
    3905/3908 E-Maxx bodies fit but you have to widen a bit the front or rear body holes.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothies
    Yeah this jump is crazy I did a similar jump (360° tailspin !) with my old 3906 E-Maxx : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaj90Wl-Rs (old vid, old camera, no sound, LD - low definition - and I can't edit the vid for a slow motion sorry...).

RC Champion
    What ever happened to your old 3906 E-Maxx? I see you mention it quite often but I think I've only seen one photo of it so far.
    E-Maxx 3905 - Rustler 3707 - Slash 5805

RC Champion
    Yeah this jump is crazy I did a similar jump (360° tailspin !) with my old 3906 E-Maxx : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaj90Wl-Rs (old vid, old camera, no sound, LD - low definition - and I can't edit the vid for a slow motion sorry...).
    Popoxx I love the vids but you know how I feel about you Emaxx, the Revo would have suffered an equal fate in that case with cheap integy arms and an impact with the dreaded root. Might would have split the bulkhead, like Asheck has done even with plastic arms. I do like your revo though.

"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" is one of the few Led Zeppelin Song's I can play on the drums perfectly. Led Zeppelin is my favorite secular band. The Who is okay too. Some of the jumps in that video are CRAZY. Me and my cousin watched it a couple times last night and were very entertain rewinding it several times to watch a particular trick.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcaz25
    Some of the jumps in that video are CRAZY. Me and my cousin watched it a couple times last night and were very entertain rewinding it several times to watch a particular trick.
    Thanks for the comments. Video editing was a full day of work, to compile over an hour of raw footage into a 9 minute video.
    I already have tons of ideas for the next vid, so stay tuned !

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by orion
    What ever happened to your old 3906 E-Maxx? I see you mention it quite often but I think I've only seen one photo of it so far.
    I upgraded it until I bought the 3905 model. I still have the chassis (carcass... ), the tires and lots of spare parts in a cupboard...

Popoxx I love the vids but you know how I feel about you Emaxx, the Revo would have suffered an equal fate in that case with cheap integy arms and an impact with the dreaded root. Might would have split the bulkhead, like Asheck has done even with plastic arms. I do like your revo though.
    I know I know...

"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" is one of the few Led Zeppelin Song's I can play on the drums perfectly. Led Zeppelin is my favorite secular band. The Who is okay too. Some of the jumps in that video are CRAZY. Me and my cousin watched it a couple times last night and were very entertain rewinding it several times to watch a particular trick.
    You're drummer !? Nice, so do I I played Communication Breakdown, Whole Lotta Love, Black Dog, Rock And Roll... a long time ago Love this band, unfortunately I've never seen them on stage But I saw The Who in Paris

I'm glad you enjoyed the vid ! pdcsq did a great editing job ! I hope we could make another one soon !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey Popoxx! It has been awhile Zack told me to come take a look. Sigh! Now I have to go back and read 3 months of posts.....
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Champion
    Hehe..........

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrusedc
    Hey Popoxx! It has been awhile Zack told me to come take a look. Sigh! Now I have to go back and read 3 months of posts.....
    Haha Zack is the Devil ! I hope you enjoyed the reading
    What about your maxx ? No projects ? Too busy ? It's cool to see you here in any case

RC Champion
    what tires are on that stampede? and is that on 2 or 3 cell?
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolman101
    what tires are on that stampede? and is that on 2 or 3 cell?
    These are ProLine Badlands, mounted on Traxxas wheels.
    The Stampede is running on 3S Lipo

You have a complete build thread here: http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=490406

That will give you all the details about what's been modified on the truck.

RC Racer
    almost to 1000
    thanks for all the r and d, i have 0 r and d budget so its nice to find someone who shared so many of theirachivements/failures so others don't waste time and money on things that simply don't work.

RC Racer
    Yeah thanks for wasting all that time and money Popoxx!! . Much appreciated thread that will be refured to for years to come. Very good information from a lot of good resources and good people, including yourself.
    To be old & wise u must first be young & stupid.

RC Champion
    Thanks for the eulogy guys, it's always cool to read such posts
    Can't wait my UE order

RC Competitor
    Now you need to shortlist what worked and what didnt for people like me who dont want to read 25 pages :-P
    which was you last emaxx vid and what youtube channels do you post vids on, i know saucisse (sorry for spelling) is one of the ones..
    E Maxx
    E Revo 1 16th
    Slash VXL
    Axial XR10

RC Racer
    congrats poppox on the completion of your project, you have helped many of us in making our cars better, thanks man, and MODERATORS WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT STICKY YET?

RC Champion

Final steps !!

The last upgrades are finally here !!

UE shock towers, Supershocks and spare parts :

Plastixs ejector pins :

FLM vs UE shock towers :

Thinner, lighter (30g vs 50g), stronger (7075-T6 vs 6061-T6), UE shock towers are supposed to be better ! Body posts and shock standoffs are included :

The standoffs are perfect for the stock or Big Bore shocks but for the Supershocks you need the standoffs included with.... the Supershocks, logical

RC Champion
    The Supershocks are easy to mount, spare parts are included to mount another shock, that's cool !

Before :

After :

Black optional springs for rear, blue for front.

vs. Big Bore :

I used 2 caster spacers between the tower and the standoffs, and some spacers included with the Supershocks at the bottom of the shocks to have them vertical :

And good news, the shocks don't rub against the stock driveshafts !

I wanted to test the ejector pins used by george16 because I'm fed up bending Lunsford hinge pins (lower ones). I needed a good bolt cutter to cut these pins ! Here is the result :

Given that my tools are really basic I can't do what george16 did so I wedged the pins thanks to their head and the bumper mounts. I can't do that with the front lower pins so I kept the Lunsford ones.

I bought the Lunsford 4x115mm titanium turnbuckles to replace the Traxxas optional 5141A toe links, I didn't like the space between the rod end and the bottom of the threaded portion of the latter (aesthetic concern yes ). So don't worry the Traxxas ones are great !

RC Champion
    Some pics of the build :

I can't reassemble my maxx right now I need the bellcrank posts I broke during the last session. I will soon receive them with my ProTek 2s 50C lipo packs for my ERBE

Last pics next weekend !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That looks sweet! Can't wait to see the final pics! What made you go with the super shocks and not the ultra lx1 shocks?
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Champion
    Oh you must be joking ...A WEEK
    I love seeing photos of your truck
    it inspires so many to build and perhaps copy a little

ps I am almost done stretching my 3906
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Champion
    Thanks arvint ! I bought the Supershocks to cut costs regarding shipping charges I needed UE shock towers so I ordered the shocks, the optional springs and spare parts from the same website. The other advantage is that the shock standoffs for Supershocks are included with them (and the ti-nitride shafts are standard with them).

SnoopMaxx : stretch it ! If for you this word means "buy a 3905 or 3908 E-Maxx", do it ! I'm sure you will find lots of things to customize as you did with your 3906 maxx

RC Champion
    SnoopMaxx : stretch it ! If for you this word means "buy a 3905 or 3908 E-Maxx", do it ! I'm sure you will find lots of things to customize as you did with your 3906 maxx
    It doesn't
    I'm known for doing things different ...sometimes with great success

Oh and I'm not done customizing my 3906
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Champion
    Too bad Do you know the next steps for your maxx ?

1000 posts !