Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx
    Same here ! I hope you'll start a build thread ?!
    o ya, build will start along with the new year!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    Same here ! I hope you'll start a build thread ?!
    me to ___________________
    Remember to drive it like you stole it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey Popoxx, got a picture of the new FLM V2 with the receiver box and 2 servos?

I might get another FLM chassis to put my stock 3905 on it and want to see how it would work out.

I see no point in upgrading my FLM v1 from my brushless to v2 since i only use 1 servo and the receiver box is in a good place. Your build thread is great!

RC Champion
    It works great ! Lots of pics p17, but here is one for you :

RC Champion
    I love how optimistic you are about the completion of your Maxx, time after time

It looks fantastic and your videos are excellent.

Some pics of my Maxx's.

Short bash vid from a while back. I'm now running a MMM/Neu 1512/2.5d on 6s2p A123's
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC Champion
    I know I said several times in this build thread that my E-Maxx was unbreakable, so in fact it wasn't But now I'm really sure ! Except if I test 6s setup...
    Thanks for sharing your pics and vids ! Your maxx looks great too No chassis breakage up to now ? Are you happy with your 5s Life setup ? Next time I will buy batts I think I will test a setup like yours.

RC Champion
    buzzsaw 46: Where did you get the tires that are on ur e-maxx? They look great for where i live at.
    BLEmaxx-3905
    Fam. last words-Hey yall watch this!

RC Champion
    I know I said several times in this build thread that my E-Maxx was unbreakable, so in fact it wasn't But now I'm really sure ! Except if I test 6s setup...
    Thanks for sharing your pics and vids ! Your maxx looks great too No chassis breakage up to now ? Are you happy with your 5s Life setup ? Next time I will buy batts I think I will test a setup like yours.
    I've been down the same road with my trucks, think their done then another weakness shows itself.

Surprizingly, my chassis has held up to my abuse. Many jumps I thought "this is the one" while it was still in the air. I'll get an FLM as soon as I bust the stocker. I was hoping Vantage Racing would do a carbon chassis, but they had no interest when I contacted them about the possiblity.

I was happy with the 5s Medusa setup right up untill I went 6s2p with the larger Neu 1512/MMM combo. A123's have proven to be very reliable for me, two seasons with no puffing, no noticable performance degredation My packs were also dirt cheap, Ebay deal, just over $7/cell.

I have been tempted to go lipo though with the newer cells being fast charge capable. I run the Hyperion G3 packs in my MERV and love the 40+min runs and 12-15min charge times. I run them as 3s2p but charge them as a 6s at 5C rates

J-Dub, Those are Imex Trail Dawg tires on the E. They work good on most surfaces but do wear quickly on asphalt/concrete. I think they look cool as well
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What's the inside dimensions on the RCM trays? And when i order customs is he asking for the inside dimensions or the outside?

RC Champion
    I gave to Mike a Paint file in which he could see all the specs I wanted (so of course, inside and outside dimensions where included). PM me if you want to have a look at that file

RC Champion
    Just a Merry Christmas

See you next year with new projects !

RC Qualifier
    Strange way of mounting your tires Popoxx!!!

I guess it was for the picture only!!
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO

RC Champion
    Oops

RC Qualifier
    I used to do that with my stock 3905 Maxx tires.
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

RC Champion
    On soft grounds like snow or mud it's a good solution to get more grip (in theory...).

RC poster
    5 years of "R&D" on the E-Maxx (models 3906 & 3905)
    But thanks to me you can save a lot of money given that I tested and found all the best upgrades !
    this is very true... thank you. not only is this a great build and awesome maxx but you've given us great pic's and vid's along the way. i've got 2 3905 maxx's and a new 3908 and you've inspired my build's and purchases. my favorite 3905 is about to get it's rebuild and it's just about a duplicate of yours minus the flm chassis, bulks and shock towers but those will be comming along soon. thanks for the r&d and entertainment.
    2-3905's, 1-3908 embe, 2 1/5 gas redcats.

RC poster
    Great looking Maxx & Revo. I'm just beginning my upgrades to my maxx due to the suspension & steering linkage break I had this afternoon. This thread is a great source of info for a durability build.

RC Racer
    Would you mind posting a link for the power supply you have Popoxx? Thanks
    5608 3905 5805 7108, DF-03RA, 2x AX-10, MRC

RC Champion
    Thanks for these kind comments Ron E & Don65Stang

Here is a link 13thwarrior : http://www.conrad.fr/alimentation_fs...459_763127_FAS. But it's a French website and they don't deliver in the US

RC poster

Trinity springs

Sweet Thread... been using some of the chasis info for the 3908
    Did you have to change any of the spring retainers when you went to the Trinity springs? Also are you using 2 hole or 3 hole pistons in your big bore shocks?

Also I see now that these springs are no longer made=/ Anyone know of something comparable?
    Last edited by WaR1761; 01-11-2010 at 09:45 PM.

RC Champion
    If you want to use Trinity springs (or Integy) you need to use the stock shock retainer springs, not the Big Bore retainer springs (too narrow).

I don't remember the number of piston holes, but in any case I didn't mod the Big Bore shocks.

You can buy Trinity springs here : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1182 (courtesy of beaufort12).

RC poster
    I also bought new stock bodies I will be obliged to dremel them a bit because Jamie from FLM said me that their alu chassis is "a little longer than the stock 3905".

Next step ? : FLM chassis with Novak battery trays of course !!!!!!
    Just read all 19 pages. Nice work.
    Where did you get those bodies from

RC Champion
    You read all the posts ! Congrats and thanks

I buy the stock bodies on ebay.

RC Champion

RC Qualifier
    I will give you cyber money for a hint!
    Can't Wait!
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

RC Qualifier
    BOOO on the teaser!!
    2 ERBEs, Merv,Pede vxl & xl5, mmm/neu rustler

RC Qualifier
    Why March . So far away
    Last edited by Rusty+Jump=Fun!; 01-20-2010 at 09:11 PM.
    Rustler|Brushless Losi XXL

RC Champion
    HEHE
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC poster
    Thats what i figured. Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty+Jump=Fun!
    Why March . So far away

But at the speed Popoxx will be going, it will come quickly

Not sure about the picture of the road. The writing makes sense, but I can't see Popoxx putting Road Rages on his maxx somehow. Maybe he's launching an attempt on the MT Speed Record Did I just say that out loud?

RC Qualifier
    He he Popoxx,

I think the test you made of one of my trucks gave you an idea!!
    Go for it!

Once I tried it, I never ever looked back.
    But be prepared for some nice carnage....
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO

RC Qualifier
    do those hubs work only for splined rims??
    your running hex rims with no probs???

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by robb-e
    do those hubs work only for splined rims??
    your running hex rims with no probs???

The 17mm Splined Traxxas hubs will work fine with regular 17mm hex rims, splined or not. If you look at the Traxxas hubs you can see that you don't need splined rims.

RC Qualifier
    hey popoxx just curious if you had to use the ring shim when installing your mulcher's on the maximizer wheel? i finally got my badlands and they seem to mount better without it and was curious how your experience was. thanks man
    Piercings can and will get caught in antenna tubes

RC Champion
    Yes I use the ring shims they are necessary if you don't want to see the tires pop out during a run... Maximizer recommend to use them with Badlands. Of course it's easier to mount the tires w/o the ring shims but it's not a good idea ! Except if you like mounting tires regularly on Max beadlocks ? Everybody knows it's really boring and painful

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by hexitnow
    hey popoxx just curious if you had to use the ring shim when installing your mulcher's on the maximizer wheel? i finally got my badlands and they seem to mount better without it and was curious how your experience was. thanks man
    I found the same. In the end, I used one ring shim on each wheel. I've got a shim on the chassis side of each tyre, and nothing on the outside. This is probably not the best of ideas, but the second ring shim just didn't want to go in. Eventually when I get mine running, I'll let you know how it works out.

RC Champion
    Oh yep I forgot to say that I've had the same problem with the Mulchers, I was only able to mount one ring shim with them (chassis side). But no problem with the Mashers, you can mount both rings

RC Qualifier
    I cant take it, I need to know what you have planned for March. Got the hints but what does it all mean?
    KD 700-HO 3905 - FLM E-Maxx MMM - ERBE - Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenie
    I cant take it, I need to know what you have planned for March. Got the hints but what does it all mean?

Basically everything that Popoxx has been doing on 4s he'll do on 6s, and maybe, just maybe he might break a part! I think it will just be running 6s, but knowing Popoxx there will be a twist, or new parts. I think there may be new shocks but I'm not sure.

And of course the MT speed record

RC Champion
    I've read through this entire thread from start to finish about a week ago, it motivated me to do my own upgrades and such to my E-Maxx. It'll take me a lot longer to get mine up to this level of upgrades, but down the line I do have a bash-proof goal in mind.

You really did an awesome job with your choice of parts, the build quality and such. This thread is also a great help for people shopping around for parts and recommendations.

Really curious what you have in store next like everyone else in this thread.
    E-Maxx 3905 - Rustler 3707 - Slash 5805