Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    :O

Just got my SPC 2s 8000mah TOO!
    E-Revo - Single 700-HO - SPC 2s 8K LiPo

RC Champion
    Popoxx
    I thought Lipo batts were lighter and smaller than Nimh batts...
    They are smaller and lighter. You've got over twice the capacity of the NiMH in those LiPos!
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC Qualifier
    Hey what kind of run time are you getting with the 8000's? im guessing over a half hour right?
    Arnt 2 cell Lipos close to or slower than 7 cell NiMh?
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

RC Qualifier
    sweet popoxx finally got lipo! now your truck really is the best you can get for bashing. looking forwardto a vid..
    Emaxx 3905 FS in the market place.

RC Qualifier
    Truly impressive setup you got there Popoxx, looking forward for some bashing video’s.

Just one thing I don’t get, why do you need that “BIG powerful power supply”, my charger doesn’t need one to function?

Hope I can find some time to finish my E-Maxx to (need to work less then).

PS Happy birthday Popoxx (I know little late)

RC Champion
    all looks cool!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Qualifier
    Nice. You will like those batterys. What straps are those? Also a few strips of valcro across the tray and batterys will help keep the batterys from shifting during crashes, and take strain off the batterystraps.Works well. Thanks.
    Ever hear this? That toy truck cost how much?!?!

RC Champion
    Thanks all for the comments !

DiFabio42 : you won't be disappointed ! There are fantastic

Kcaz25 : yeah the capacity is awesome (read my weekend review below ).

traxxas basher: I used 6-cell Nimh batteries so I can't compare with the SPC. Read my review below you will have more info about runtime and power

trxbeast193 : yes I think I really finished my project, my E-Maxx is great for bashing

E-maxx Sweden : I wanted a reliable, durable and powerful PS, and I bought it Sure you can use less powerful PS ! Thanks for my birthday

akrimmel : thanks ! Did you buy a camera to post pics of your E-Maxx ?

Rnemhrd: these straps are only available in a French home improvement superstore And they work well. To avoid slidind during crashes I use grip tape (used by tennis players) in the battery box as you can see in the pics above. The batteries are well attached with my system But thanks for the advice !

RC Champion

Nice hike !

This weekend I slept in a beautiful hotel : a castle (built between the 13th and 15th century) near Paris and close to the hilly Fontainebleau forest :

I went on a hike (6 hours) called "the 25 humps" Of course I brought my E-Maxx with me :

Below are the various types of grounds which there was during the hike :

Sand

Mud

RC Champion
    Moor

And lots of rocks

I tested for the first time my 2 pairs of SPC 8000mAh lipo batteries and the word which defines very well these batteries is : A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!!!

- Total runtime : 4 hours !! (express rock crawling mode of course).
    - Power : too much !! It's incredible, the torque is really really huge and the top speed is great for bashing. My 6-cell GP 3300mAhNimh batts were really ridiculous
    - Temps : very good : 60 batteries / 140 motor (w/o heatsink) / 60 ESC (ambient temp: 32).

RC Champion
    It was really funny to go on a long walk with my E-Maxx (and my family ), it can overcome almost everything And with my great "charging station" I can charge my 2 pairs in 2 hours !

Only one broken part (it's rare I know ):

Unfortunately I had forgotten my camera to make a vid Next weekend !

RC Qualifier
    wow, your an role model, the only difference between me and you is the whole "money thing", lol, nice job!
    Tmaxx 3.3
    E Revo

RC Qualifier
    Incredibly beautiful images Popoxx, what a beautiful place you lived at in the weekend.

Really great to see your joy over your new LiPo's, I’m truly looking forward for some videos now.

Cool about your new power supply, is it charging better or faster than stock?

PS Popoxx did you see my last post? http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=449859
    Last edited by E-maxx Sweden; 12-28-2008 at 08:32 PM.

RC Champion
    wow o wow o wow o wow are the pics awesome,, never really figured how to post even though i am a electrical engineer!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx
    Guess what...

Yes, I'm ready for lipo

I will soon buy the Hyperion EOS0610iDUO Balance Charger with four 2s 8000mAh lipo batteries to have the best runtime . I don't know yet if I will buy SPC or TrueRC lipo batteries (only these brands produce affordable 8000mAh batteries...). We will see !
    why did you buy the lipo voltage cut off??? the HV PRO comes with built in lipo voltage cut off...
    Last edited by israelVXL; 12-29-2008 at 07:01 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by israelVXL
    why did you buy the lipo voltage cut off??? the HV PRO comes with built in lipo voltage cut off...
    I don't have a Pro HV system in fact (look at the purple fan and ESC heatsinks ). I have a HV system with the 5mm motor shaft, so I needed a LVC

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by E-maxx Sweden
    Incredibly beautiful images Popoxx, what a beautiful place you lived at in the weekend.

Really great to see your joy over your new LiPo's, I’m truly looking forward for some videos now.

Cool about your new power supply, is it charging better or faster than stock?

PS Popoxx did you see my last post? http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=449859
    Better or faster than my previous chargers ? : both ! 2 hours to charge the 2 pairs.
    With my two old AC/DC chargers (http://www.conrad.fr/webapps/t2m_chargeur_wizard.html) I couldn't charge at 1C (just 3A max...), so I needed at least 4 hours to charge my 3 pairs of Nimh GP 3300mAh... And the chargers were really hot and sometimes they stopped the charge too early without reason...

Now I plug the PS in the wall and go ! No overheating, no breaks, no problems ! I'm really happy with my setup

RC Qualifier
    Great looking pics. still cant wait for your vid
    Glad you like your lipo !
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

RC Champion
    please some video's!!!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks anyway! Nice pics! I have those batterys and love them.The only problem is they last so long I keep pushing the truck harder and harder till I break something.
    Ever hear this? That toy truck cost how much?!?!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    As usual killer picks. Thanks for sharing.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Qualifier
    Popoxx,

Just want to say, your E-Maxx build is awesome to say the least.

Your pictures and videos are also great.

Thanks for sharing this from start to finish.
    Its Your Hobby

RC Champion

Drift !

New vid ! : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=u3JQnYMugXg (watch in high quality !).

There was a thin layer of ice in front of my house so I tried to drift with my E-Maxx That was funny but it's hard to drive on ice with slick tires ! Good sensations though
    You can't see the power of my maxx with its new lipo batts in this vid (the wheels spinned a lot of course !), I will post another vid this weekend in which you will be able to see the new perf of my monster !!

.That looks like a lot of fun, popoxx! Thanks for sharing.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks like a blast!! I can only do that on sand or loose dirt...no ice here.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Champion
    popoxx,, waiting for my snow here as well.. i have had the hardest time finding those vantage tires with the red stripe,, i had to buy the yellow. where did you get yours?
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by akrimmel
    popoxx,, waiting for my snow here as well.. i have had the hardest time finding those vantage tires with the red stripe,, i had to buy the yellow. where did you get yours?
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18897
    E-Revo - Single 700-HO - SPC 2s 8K LiPo

RC Champion

VideO ViDeo VIdeO viDEo

New Vid - Bashing !! : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=az9FgL-TGqU (watch it in high quality ).

Another bash session Just fun... and breakage : 1 upper RPM a-arm, 1 lower RPM a-arm and the 4 screws of the rear bumper. I love this hobby

RC Qualifier
    Wow great session looks like you found some good dirt jumps.
    Any pics of the carnage?
    As usually great vid and bashing !
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

RC Qualifier
    So nice to see your videos Popoxx , it's hard to see the speed and torque different thought, I'll guess it's because of the snow and ice (slippery ground I’ll guess).

Never the less, impressive driving skills as usual , I’ll hope I’m done with my setups next week to start to do some videos too.

PS did you read my last post on the steering subject?
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=449859

Best Regards
    E-Maxx Sweden

RC Champion
    jealous of the bash site????!!!?1?1!?!?1?1?!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

Wow, that was some awesome air! That's a nice bash site you've got there! ... Looks like a lot of fun!

RC Champion
    Thanks all Yes my bash site is very cool, and with the thin layer of ice it was funny.

traxxas basher : no pics of the carnage, it was not extraordinary enough

E-maxx Sweden : you're right it's difficult to see the difference in term of torque & speed in this vid, I will post another vid (at the skate park ) today or the next weekend, I'm sure you will see the difference

RC Champion

ViDeO ViDEo VIdeO videO

New vid - Skate Park !! : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=GQg4TlF8AyA (watch it in high quality).

I went to my skate park, it was not a good idea... With this vid I think you can easily see the difference between my old 6-cell GP 3300mAh batts and my new ones (look at the sky ).

Now I land in the middle of the half-pipe, so the landings are rather hard for my E-Maxx I broke one wheel and one strap., and I damaged 2 battery packs It's not serious but it's really annoying ! Only 4 jumps (10 minutes of fun...) before the breakage, it wasn't enough for learning to control my monster in the air
    But I think it was my last session at the skate park with my current setup because I'm sure to break something with it every time. I love bashing but not stupid bashing

Some pics of the carnage :

My E-Maxx deserved a nap

RC Qualifier
    Man thats wild..
    Sorry to hear that you didnt get much fun time at the skate park.
    Yea at my skate park it all concreate so that can get really crazy quick (Broke two bottom RPM arms at once on my T-Maxx and cracked my wheel)
    Hope you dont do any interanal damage to your new lipo
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

Looks like you had pretty good control of the truck while she was in the air with the GP3300's! Wish I had access to ramps that would allow me to get that much air! Looks like fun... other than the breakages, of course!

RC Champion
    yeah vantage wheels are not strong by any means, they look cool and thats about it,,, awesome video!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Qualifier
    I think if you want to spend that much time in the air, you should get a helicopter!

RC Competitor
    cool truck, thanks for sharing with us.

Edited for language. If you see a stared out word in your post, the word has been blocked by the language filter. Please remove these words from your post in the future, or warning points will likely be issued.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-04-2009 at 11:21 PM.
    E Maxx, Tamiya King Hauler, Hangar 9 Pulse XT

RC Champion
    Thanks all, sure my E-Maxx is going to become a heli, and it's a bit stupid It's funny to fly but not to spend money to fix the breakage... I prefer bash session on soft grounds

I'm going to buy Proline Masher tires and another set of Maximizer beadlocks. I need tires that I can use on both soft and hard grounds

Look at what I noticed today :

The battery hit the antenna mount and bent it (Integy part...). And I think I damaged my front diff Same player shoot again