RC Qualifier

define "SuperMaxx" please

some of you speak(type) of them but what are they? All alum. truck. Who/what manufactuers do you use?

RC Racer
    a T-Maxx built wit supermaxx parts from Unlimited Engineering (UE)
    This is a forum not a database - Guakala

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My supermaxx

Techincally if you had a supermaxx chassis, ie dace predator or Unlimited Engineering Thunder you could call your truck a supermaxx.

Supermaxx is just what Unlimited Engineering calls their parts. On a side note UE parts are the best parts you can get
    Last edited by cmckella; 05-12-2008 at 05:14 PM.
    Werks powered Mugen MBX6T!!!!

RC Racer
    Yup UE is the best but its also too xpensive for my poket (which is empty)
    This is a forum not a database - Guakala

RC Champion
    A complete SuperMaxx has the following,

UE Thunder or Dace Predator Chassis
    Victory Bulkless System
    Racer-X or EXT Suspension
    UE 7.5 Diffs
    Racer-X Super Shocks
    UE 8mm Titanium CVDs
    UE Titanium Center Shafts
    UE Super 6 FOC
    UE Gen 4 Steering kit
    UE Super Clutch
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC Qualifier
    I thought they were out of business

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny5c
    A complete SuperMaxx has the following,

UE Thunder or Dace Predator Chassis
    Victory Bulkless System
    Racer-X or EXT Suspension
    UE 7.5 Diffs
    Racer-X Super Shocks
    UE 8mm Titanium CVDs
    UE Titanium Center Shafts
    UE Super 6 FOC
    UE Gen 4 Steering kit
    UE Super Clutch

Hmmm. I have everything you listed except for the Super 6 FOC. Does that mean my truck is not a complete supermaxx then ? What about the OTB and UE inputs?

My truck:

My son's truck:

To me, it's just a name. I can call my stock emaxx supermaxx if I want too and I could care less what other will say . It's mine and I can call it anything I want. Hey, I might even call my truck Air Force 1 .
    Brushless Emaxx
    Brushless Kyosho ST RR
    Supermaxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    To me a Supermaxx truck is a truck composed of MOSTLY Unlimited Engineering parts. I run GA 7075 bulks and not vbs, but everything else is UE... does that mean my truck isn't a Supermaxx? And I only have 6mm UE steel cvds... again is that not a supermaxx then?

Seeing how they showed a pic of their trucks I might as well too!....

complete n00blet

RC Qualifier
    Not trying to dis anyones truck but, it seems to me that everyone is trying to turn their T-Maxx into a revo? Why do this? Why not just go out and buy a revo and turn the T-Maxx into the super basher that it is supposed to be? Once again, I am putting anyone or their trucks down.
    R.I.P. SCOTT KALLITA

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am not trying turn my tmaxx to a revo. Look closely at the trucks and tell me how many traxxas (revo or tmaxx) parts do you see there.

A supermaxx is a super basher and racer. But, you'll not going to know the difference until you have driven one.
    Brushless Emaxx
    Brushless Kyosho ST RR
    Supermaxx

RC Qualifier
    Once again, I am not trying to dis anyones truck, just trying to get an understanding as to why people widen and lower treir maxx's so that they will be better race trucks? Isn't the T-Max meant for bashing and the revo meant for racing? I have read a lot of posts informing people to stay away from aluminum arms and such if they are gonna bash their trucks hard. That is why I have RPM's all the way around mine. I also have the ride height set to its limits so that I don't bottom out when I get 7 or 8 feet of air under the truck. I have seen alot of these upgraded trucks lowered considerably. I would think that they would bottom out very easy this way. Not to say that they are not awesome trucks as I have to admit that they are all pretty cool.
    R.I.P. SCOTT KALLITA

RC Champion
    I call mine a supermaxx but it isn't a true supermaxx as the chassis isn't unlimited engineering. However the diffs, driveshafts, suspension, shocks, clutch, chassis braces and shock towers are all UE.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by racer427
    Once again, I am not trying to dis anyones truck, just trying to get an understanding as to why people widen and lower treir maxx's so that they will be better race trucks? Isn't the T-Max meant for bashing and the revo meant for racing? I have read a lot of posts informing people to stay away from aluminum arms and such if they are gonna bash their trucks hard. That is why I have RPM's all the way around mine. I also have the ride height set to its limits so that I don't bottom out when I get 7 or 8 feet of air under the truck. I have seen alot of these upgraded trucks lowered considerably. I would think that they would bottom out very easy this way. Not to say that they are not awesome trucks as I have to admit that they are all pretty cool.
    I'm not saying you're dissing anyones truck. But why would I get a Revo and a tmaxx separately if I can have both in one single truck? I can have the best of both. I still bash with mine. Have you seen the bent pillow ball I had? It was because of bashing with the truck .

They don't bottom out easily even though they are lowered considerably. It's all about the suspension (shocks, oil wt, arms etc). Bottoming out a little bit is not bad at all. In fact, I would be more worried if a truck is not bottoming out. It might mean that the shock shaft is bottoming into the caps and bladder which might blow them.

Aluminum is not bad at all. It all depends on what type of aluminum and manufacturer you're going to use.

Remember, it's just a name. I don't even call my truck supermaxx (predator chassis). I do however call my son's truck supermaxx (thunder chassis).
    Brushless Emaxx
    Brushless Kyosho ST RR
    Supermaxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This is my SuperMaxx.

Only UE part is the steering assembly.
    President
    No Limit R/C of Maryland

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylton32
    This is my SuperMaxx.

LOL...can't argue with that one.
    When all else fails....10lb sledge hammer.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylton32
    This is my SuperMaxx.

Now that is Cool! LOL
    R.I.P. SCOTT KALLITA

There is no official definition for Supermaxx. It's just a phrase that is used in the Unlimited Engineering market. The name was never trademarked...

So Anyone could call their TMAXX a Supermaxx (not that it would hold up on these forums very well).

My TMAXX is pretty Super. It should be after the $$ is invested into it.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=Hylton32]This is my SuperMaxx.

Only UE part is the steering assembly.[/QUOT
    Did you do the paint work on that or was it done for you???????
    R.I.P. SCOTT KALLITA

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    or simply old and dated.... Did I mention overpriced?
    Get your vote on.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbage_Man
    Calling something overpriced should suggest there's an equal product available for less money. Show me where that is, please.
    =-= Matthew -=- morphing T-MAXX 3.3 -=-

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

I wouldnt say its dated. Many people build them for the fun, something like restoring an old muscle car. I wouldnt say that American Muscle is dated. Most of it is still in high demand and there is still tons of interest. Bad example but yes its true. I would have to disagree with the overpriced part. People are still buying what they can find and dont seem to have a problem paying for it. I built mine for bashing and will do a bit of racing. If I want to become a serious racer, most dont race MT. Infact most MT classes are getting hard to find so I would race truggy. In fact I mentioned to a guy at my local hobby shop/track about UE trucks and he knew all about supermaxx's and there bashing/racing ability. One guy on UE respilogyrc races supermaxx and he is beating LST2, revos, savages etc etc.
    Werks powered Mugen MBX6T!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by racer427
    People build them because they're cool and are VERY nice trucks to drive... and they're somewhat rare. I like to collect UE parts. Not for any other reason then I want to. I built my Supermaxx because I wanted too.

I could have RPM a-arms on my truck for hundreds less then my EXT and you know what, the RPM arms can take more abuse then the EXT. But I wanted EXT so I bought them.

Why do people spend $150,000 on a car then putt around town in?

They're not over priced... they're over priced for you. Like Cmckella said people who buy the parts decide the price of the items. If someone is willing to pay $50 for 4 shocks then those shocks are worth $50... why would someone sell them for $35?

And a supermaxx is nothing like a T-Maxx or a Revo so how can you decide what it's worth compared to those trucks?
    Last edited by Tuskony; 05-13-2008 at 07:39 PM.
    complete n00blet

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It's only overpriced if you can't afford it without breaking your bank .
    Brushless Emaxx
    Brushless Kyosho ST RR
    Supermaxx