RC Qualifier

Considering buying E-max Help Please!

I Want somthing i can put my Velineon system in and haul balls!!

Is the e-maxx a wise choice? im looking for overall performance, speed and handle. Does the e-maxx handle like a monster truck, or better? I currently have the velineon and 11.1v lipo in my stampede and want to get something more 'stable'.

Basicly, what im saying is if i put the 11.1 5000Mah lipo and the Velineon 3500 motor in the Emaxx, will it be fast?? i wish i could find somthing on youtube!

what kind of MPH could i get, and wheelies? the stampede is much smaller but is to uncontrollable,.... hope someone can answer all this for me!

and whats the deal w/ the 2 spd trannies? worth it or no?
    R.I.P. Salvador See you soon Amigo!

RC Champion
    speed and handling....e-maxx not ur best choice.....from what i hear a e-maxx on single v has to go on a serious diet....

i would say u should go for a rusty, slash, or pede
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

RC Racer
    emaxx has great handling by my account... i am not good at driving r/c, and the only way i lose control is to hit something or sometimes i accidentally fully brake while in a turn, and roll it. single speed tranny is great on the emaxx. just floor it and go, still has incredible torque. single vxl you're going to have some heat issues, though. with all plastic parts and maybe smaller tires, you might be ok. but you are going to have to be careful...

that slash looks to me like a single vxl would be ideal for it, and it still has the h20 proof electric.
    tip-take pics w/ a digicamera of what you work on

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pooperscoopa
    emaxx has great handling by my account... i am not good at driving r/c, and the only way i lose control is to hit something or sometimes i accidentally fully brake while in a turn, and roll it. single speed tranny is great on the emaxx. just floor it and go, still has incredible torque. single vxl you're going to have some heat issues, though. with all plastic parts and maybe smaller tires, you might be ok. but you are going to have to be careful...

that slash looks to me like a single vxl would be ideal for it, and it still has the h20 proof electric.
    yeah but wont be waterproof if he puts a vxl in it, the reciever will be but not the motor/esc
    2.5 TMaxx
    Losi Mini Baja

RC Qualifier
    I have a stampede vxl on 3s lipo and to match that performance in your stampede in e-maxx you'd have to go dual vxl system...a single will work but thermal more often than not unless you strip some weight from e-maxx and if your in a place that get hot in summer that single will prob never work....if you want flexable gearing and motor that runs cool in any weather go MMM/Neu...and you can actually have more perormance cause you can go up to 6s on a single Neu
    ERevo Neu 1515/1y MMM5s
    MiniRevo Neu 1110/1y MM3s

RC Qualifier
    A pinion on my v-twin slipped off and I was running on a single motor for awhile without realizing it... motor temps hit over 200 and my esc was like 150+.

I wouldnt reccommend a single vxl at all.
    3905 V-Twin

RC Enthusiast
    If you are planning on running a stock e maxx I would make sure sure to look at some of the threads on ESC and receiver problems. Sounds like I am not alone
    Just waitin on parts...

RC Qualifier
    So this things a tank for a single velineon system?

Hmm I reaaaaaaally want to take this setup out of my Stampede because it handles like an elephant riding an ant.

Somone suggested a MMM Neu,.... i dont know what that is

and for the 6s batt, my charger can only charge upto a 3s. (i spose if i got 2, that would be a 6s)

HmmmmMMMmmmMMMmmmmm..... Im in termoil. The E-maxx looks like the truck for me, but according to you guys (and what i see on e-bay ) you need to spend buko-bux to get it to be comprobobly fast.

Its a shame too, i stayed up all night thinking about it

I thought with the 2spd tranny geared like a 2spd tranny (like in a car) this thing would haul with a single Velineon.....

Weeeeeellllll anyone got any advise for me? I currently have 1 Velineon system, and a Pede, but want 4wd and more handles and off-road ability.

My budget is $300.

RC Qualifier
    It would work in an e-revo conversion....find an revo roller
    ERevo Neu 1515/1y MMM5s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidPoynor
    It would work in an e-revo conversion....find an revo roller

But i like the 'big-ness' of the maxx. And with the new e-revo coming out soon, i rather just buy a used (cheap) maxx. Besides that the revo sits up higher, no?

RC Qualifier
    my 3.3 e-revo with extended arms is wider and longer than the maxx....if you were here in texas I'd let you drive each and decide....lol....revo can be made higher like maxx if you want it setup that way...get an e-maxx you won't be disapionted it doesn't handle crappy just not as weel as a revo...and the maxx is water resistant which is a plus ...
    ERevo Neu 1515/1y MMM5s

Well, you have a 11.1v Lipo already, right? If you sell the original ESC and motors from the E-Maxx, it will help cover the cost of a second battery and a second VXL motor/esc to drop in. The ESC's seem to be going for about $60 on fleabay, and you can pick up the VXL setup for about $140 same place. If you include the purchace price of a used truck, you might be able to put together a complete V-twin setup for $350 to $375. Plus most of the time a used one will come with a few extra parts, which doesn't hurt.

The MMM and Neu setup mentioned is a new speed control that Castle Creations is coming out with soon (I just pre-ordered on from Tower Hobbies for $169!), and a single large brushles motor made by Neu. The setup can handle a 6s Lipo battery, and will go like stink! If you already have 1/2 of the V-twin setup, though, that might be the better way to go.'

By the way, I fried my motors on only the 4th run on my brand new E-Maxx, and I was only running two 6 cell Nimh packs. . .

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This is a little off topic, but if you are in the UK, please send me a PM as I have both an old and new Maxx nearly ready for sale

Good luck with getting a VXL MAxx