RC Champion

v twin nitro engine ??

Has anyone seen a v-twin nitro engine for rc's...like the motorcycle engines??

RC Champion
    Yeah! I did see a picture of one that was at a RC show. It was designed to fit in the places of a big block engine. I doubt you can find one for sale though.

RC Champion
    O.S. Powered Race Revo 3.3

RC Champion
    thats it!
    whats the story on it?

RC Qualifier
    Oh my!
    That thing needs to be in a Revo..... preferably my Revo..... right now!!!
    Anyone know what the scoop is?
    Will it be available?
    I'm Ron Burgandy?

RC Racer
    It needs to be a dual carb. Good luck tuning 2 cylinders with 1 carb....

RC Champion
    it dont need to be a dual carb, but the carb does need to be bigger to keep from running the cylinders lean, so that lil carb restrictor is out
    jeremie

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GASSHEAD
    it dont need to be a dual carb, but the carb does need to be bigger to keep from running the cylinders lean, so that lil carb restrictor is out

Sorry, I guess I mean it "should" have dual carbs...

Also how the heck do they have the crank set up in one of these? It would be kind of interesting to see a picture of it!

RC Qualifier
    Kinda like the crank in a car i guess.
    Having the two conrods on lobes that are opposite so when one cylinder fires and gets to the bottom of it's stroke the other has just filled and headed back up for compression and about to fire.
    I think you'd have to have just one carb. trying to tune two would suck so bad. But yeah you'd have to ditch the restricter and probly still need a bigger inlet.... and maybe bigger fuel line?
    Imagine the note this thing would pump out!
    I'm Ron Burgandy?

RC Qualifier
    I'm dying to see what the crank looks like. On one cyl engines the intake port of the crank is timed so its open when the piston goes up creating vacuum and closed for the down stroke to force the mixture into the cylinder..... I wonder how thats done with 2 cylinders. I can only assume they would fire at the degree difference that the V is. i.e. if the V angle is 60degrees then they fire at 60 degrees difference. I would also assume the conrods are the same as normal engines which would rule out offset wrist pins on the crank. Its my wild guess that rods for these engines are two small to be like 1:1 engines where the rods are held together with bolts. All I can say is I'm very curious to see inside of this engine.
    Last edited by kramr05; 03-25-2008 at 01:28 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    it would prob run on duel carbs coz one engine would be on compression while the other is on exhaust so a single carb would take i right beating, plus it would need a shell tankers behind it :-)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kramr05
    I'm dying to see what the crank looks like. On one cyl engines the intake port of the crank is timed so its open when the piston goes up creating vacuum and closed for the down stroke to force the mixture into the cylinder..... I wonder how thats done with 2 cylinders. I can only assume they would fire at the degree difference that the V is. i.e. if the V angle is 60degrees then they fire at 60 degrees difference. I would also assume the conrods are the same as normal engines which would rule out offset wrist pins on the crank. Its my wild guess that rods for these engines are two small to be like 1:1 engines where the rods are held together with bolts. All I can say is I'm very curious to see inside of this engine.
    There are v-twin 2-stroke dirt bikes, why shouldn't this be the same?
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Racer
    That's a nice engine. Should have a lot of torque!

who's going to put it in the revo first....

I would like to see a video of it running!
    3.3/18TM EbMods
    Asss or gas,there's no free ride

RC Champion
    i wanna see a vid!!! you would think that the engine would run kinda wierd with one carb, but if you think about it, it would all even out.. one piston gives exhaust while the other is fueling... so it is all even... for this reason you wouldnt really need a bigger carb by much, but it would need to be bigger... you would need a wicked large fuel tank tho!!! what if in break in, one of the pistons was wierd, and so it went before the other? or what if one piston was easier to start than the other, so you have starting issues? there a few flaws i can think of, but they know more than us obviousely... the crank may be machined like a car's with offset notches on the crank, and since it is machined, then it would use no bolts... what if you broke a con rod in one of the pistons? there is some expensive replacement... you have to replace both of the pistons sleeves, and rods...lol... i would like to see the header on that! it would be cool to have one pipe, and a header that went from both outlets, into one just like a car, or you could have 2 smaller exhaust pipes, and have the header join, and then part again...lol...
    well cya!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    WOAH!! how cool is that!?
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Champion
    anyone seen a price for this engine?
    Never chase a skunk with a Revo!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SkulliWulli
    There are v-twin 2-stroke dirt bikes, why shouldn't this be the same?
    Most dirt bikes have reed valves..... big difference

RC Racer
    this would be hard to handle with a v-twin motor
    revo 3.3 and
    nitro 4-tec 3.3 for sale

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It cannot work, the crankcase need to be pressurized, both seperatly.
    But it use the same crankshaft....

this is for show only i think.

World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Qualifier
    If they fired at exactly the same time I would think it would work...

RC Qualifier
    it is possible that this motor does run. so what its a twin my god they have v12 out that runs. it is a sweet engine dont you think lol. do yall really think the the minds that think these things up are not that smart. there is always a way around something to make it work. i mean you say a vtwin nitro motor wont run. what do you think ppl said when the first nitro rc engine came out? probably (that thing cant run) **** lets just sit back and wait to see. and as it has been said it dont need 2 carb

RC Qualifier
    it would be imposible to run 2 carbs because the air from the carbs goes through the crank, and the last time i checked, there is only one crank per engine lol (except bugatti, they have a W16, but a mopar 440 v8 still sounds better than 2 220 v8's side by side )
    My Revo: OS .18TM, 16/38 gearing, wide ratio 2nd speed, futaba throttle servo, new era shock ends, FOC, Pullstart, P3 rockers, Aluminum Pushrods, Plymouth HEMI Cuda' Shell, LT springs, GTR shocks, did i mention its got a HEMI!! And a wicked fast TRX-1!! (It'll smoke the Team Associated's B4)

RC Champion
    while we are at it how about a flat four.
    O.S. FF-320
    Yea its heavy, low reving and in need of a cooling fans. As well as dedication and deep pockets to get all bugs out.

By my calculations 4.1 hp and 8k rpms its getting on 500 in-oz of torque.

I think something like that would go good in huge truck like new eras conversion for the Maxx.
    H4x4

As far as the Sirio. If it was function, torquey, and reasonably priced ($250) i'd get one.

I however do agree with over revo about the engineering hurdle of a 2-stroke and need of a preasurized crankshaft.
    Last edited by OCD RC; 03-25-2008 at 10:52 PM.
    Pay It Forward.

RC poster
    Look at the third picture, look in the left side exhaust port, nothing in there, FAKE!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclesoul
    Look at the third picture, look in the left side exhaust port, nothing in there, FAKE!
    look again, there's something in there, the side of the piston maybe?
    Never chase a skunk with a Revo!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclesoul
    Look again...the piston is at the bottom of it's stroke.
    O.S. Powered Race Revo 3.3