Thread: Jato Racers??

RC Qualifier

Jato Racers??

Does anyone race their Jato?

i was thinking about getting into 1/10 stadium truck class at my track.

My choices:

Jato

xxx-nt

rc10gt2

i like the losi and associated because you can get them in kit form, but jato seems like a nice truck.

RC Champion
    there arent many jato racers at all because it is designed to be a racing truck, but it is just so loose and powerful and takes alot of skill and practice to get it right. also, most classes are MT, truggies, and buggies now. i plan on starting to race mine at a local track soon.
    WARNING:exposure to nitro can lead to drain bamage

RC Champion
    If your a good driver it will be a beast compared to other stadium trucks
    You can only have 2
    Cheap-Performance-Reliability

RC Champion
    ya, just takes lots of skill and control and practice. look at this vid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyAQFmnoF0s the jato is the one that is loosing bad cuz the bad driver and the jato looks like the shocks are setup bad too.

RC Competitor
    ha ha yes i agree he is a bad driver, anyway ive just got a jato and the brakes dont seem to be that good are they usualy like this?

RC Qualifier
    So a jato with a 2.5 is probably better.

RC Qualifier
    What size is the 2.5?

The 3.3 is too big, are class is .12 to .18

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you are going to race in a roar event you better have money to make it legal. You need a smaller engine, single speed, 2.2 tires, exc. But if you have money you can put it into a event
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Qualifier
    Says in vid description it is a new truck so proabably a new driver also takes getting used to. Tuning and a shock set up and driver pratice and that video changes alot lol.
    Preetiness is a light switch away

Quote Originally Posted by KID
    What size is the 2.5?

The 3.3 is too big, are class is .12 to .18
    The 2.5 is a .15 cu. inch displacement engine, and IMO one of the best in that size. A 2.5 Jato would be an excellent racer IMO, the 3.3 is a powerhouse and you may have a hard time keeping it under control. 2.2 tires are easy to get, and the single speed conversion isn't tough at all to put in. You'll have to spend some quality time tuning the truck's suspension, but the Jato handles quite well.

RC Champion
    i have found the ultimate brake setup. my brakes lock and skid onroad with any tires at any speed. i can go 50 mph and stop in 3-5 ft. first, get these:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRCX8&P=7
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLUD1&P=ML
    i no alot of people hate integy, but they have a couple of good quality parts.
    and then set it up like this:

the problem i had was when i aplied brakes, and then applied gas, the brakes wouldnt return all the way and would "drag", just like if youtake the throttle return spring off and remove the servo link and pull out the throttle, it wont go back. so, i put a spring on the brake servo and used 2 turbuckle balls on the other side so there is no resistance. then, tune it. there are a couple problems with this setup, but just take patience to get it tuned right. you need to make sure that when you apply full throttle, the brake arm doesnt go too far the opposite way because of the brake return spring, if it does, it can "drag" the brakes, but that can be fixed with patience. the graphite brakes look awesome. theres nothing fake about them. they are ventilated also.

RC poster
    R.O.A.R. Spec's say you need a .12 to run in the 1/10 class but most LHS's have differnt rule's. I'm starting to get back in to racing and one of the trucks i used to race with was the JATO 2.5R, If you put a real meen .12 in this truck you will dominate. It's the best handling 1/10 scale truck that i've seen or raced. You just have to put alot of money into it, but in the end it's worth it.
    JATO 2.5R, GET DOWN WITH THA SICKNESS!!!

RC Competitor
    hey thanks jatoman i shall try this i ajusted them a bit and its worked a bit better so happy dayz

i race my jato 2.5, its pretty quick but i tend to crash now n then so the cars that just putt putt around tend to whoop me (i overdrive too much and dig myself a big hole trying to recover lost time)

i was running proline ribbed tyres front with snake eye rears but it had far too much steering and the rear would loop without warning.

i fixed it by swapping front/rear springs so its stiffer front/softer rear, set ride height so the rear is lower than the front, and i put the well worn victory tyres back up the front to generate less steering.

our track is bumpy with loose dirt off the racing line, and now ive got a bit of understeer most of the time and i can easily throttle up and get the rear end sliding around turns.

im getting some awesome drifting going and the front wheels tend to hover above the ground as i go down the main straight
    Im no expert. i just play one on the TRX forums

RC Qualifier
    the jato can be raceable will just cost round 60 bucks getting in ready to go......
    MY JATO IS FASTER THAN YOUR JATO