Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bjt42069
    185 a good price for the motor?
    Great price never saw them under 200 .......good deal!
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!

RC Competitor
    were is the deal at 185 !!!!..................I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one
    TRAXXAS REVO 3.3 AND JATO 3.3

RC Qualifier
    revonitro when you going to let us in on you c/b modding??
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by redseal8
    revonitro when you going to let us in on you c/b modding??

Sorry, redseal8, not trying to keep it to myself bro, just been swamped. Got two boys..one playing baseball, one running track. Between practice, meets/tournaments, Jato getting lonely. I coach, so up now checking scores/seeding to see what time we play in the a.m. LOL.

Couple quick thoughts on the 21TM. For more top speed w/taller gearing you may have to let the engine wind out a little more to get into the higher RPM range, seems to pull it better in most cases.

Although the bored out Resinator seems to work well, I am beginning to think it is a little restrictive for the .21TM. This would apply to the 18TM, and 18TZ as well, especially if they are modded as they all share the same carb which is a bit larger than the 3.3. That's why the guys with the larger carbs on the 3.3 get so much more power increase when they add the BUKU pipe. They are taking in considerably more fuel than before and now are able to get out what they burn off allowing the engine to breath much better, creating more power. When you do this the engine will turn at higher RPM creating more stress on the 3.3 high rev/piston which is already a week link, that's why this mod is not highly recommended, but other engines internals can handle it better.

BTW for you 3.3 owners, those carbs are all a direct drop in for the 3.3 so stop looking for the .26 carbs pay the $40 bucks and get more power.

I will get the pics and the " How To" for the gears posted in a day or two. Anyone can do it, very simple. Back to bed now
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Which carb is bigger than the ofna force .26 and only 40$ ?

I have ran a 7mm carb on my modded 3.3 in a 4tec on 30% nitro at crazy rpm without any issues in the past.
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Over_revO
    Which carb is bigger than the ofna force .26 and only 40$ ?

I have ran a 7mm carb on my modded 3.3 in a 4tec on 30% nitro at crazy rpm without any issues in the past.
    Can't remember but didn't you modd your carb to fit? Many carbs are larger than the .26 carb, but most of them are not a direct fit. The O.S. 18TM/TZ and .21TM carbs are direct drop in carbs and are larger than the 3.3 carb. Most of the 7mm carbs guys have tried require modding the neck to fit. This is not an easy modd for most, for you it is. To clarify another point...I should have said con/rod instead of piston is weak, but often times if your rod fails it can damage your piston as well. That's why I said, not recommended (just being a responsible poster). The positive benifits of more fuel through the carb are certainly reality, but everyone fails to mention the negative potential damage it may cause.

I still say, you can't compare yourself to everyone else. Not everyone goes (3) years stripping only one spur gear LOL... yea I read your post.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Racer
    after testing im back to the stock carb and buku pipe. seems to run better with the stock 3.3. i think the carb will shine with a moded 3.3 but my goal is ot see what i can do with a stock one.

Quote Originally Posted by revonitro
    Sorry, redseal8, not trying to keep it to myself bro, just been swamped. Got two boys..one playing baseball, one running track. Between practice, meets/tournaments, Jato getting lonely. I coach, so up now checking scores/seeding to see what time we play in the a.m. LOL.

Couple quick thoughts on the 21TM. For more top speed w/taller gearing you may have to let the engine wind out a little more to get into the higher RPM range, seems to pull it better in most cases.

Although the bored out Resinator seems to work well, I am beginning to think it is a little restrictive for the .21TM. This would apply to the 18TM, and 18TZ as well, especially if they are modded as they all share the same carb which is a bit larger than the 3.3. That's why the guys with the larger carbs on the 3.3 get so much more power increase when they add the BUKU pipe. They are taking in considerably more fuel than before and now are able to get out what they burn off allowing the engine to breath much better, creating more power. When you do this the engine will turn at higher RPM creating more stress on the 3.3 high rev/piston which is already a week link, that's why this mod is not highly recommended, but other engines internals can handle it better.

BTW for you 3.3 owners, those carbs are all a direct drop in for the 3.3 so stop looking for the .26 carbs pay the $40 bucks and get more power.

I will get the pics and the " How To" for the gears posted in a day or two. Anyone can do it, very simple. Back to bed now

RC Champion

Bye..Bye.. .21TM

Today was the last straw. Got off a little early to do some tops speed test runs with new BUKU and some gearing options and DANG!! This happened

Second pair of Dirt Hawgs in 2 months. In case you are wondering, that is the duct tape that came out of the tire when it overheated. The tire exploded at 54mph(Bushnell Velocity) and was still pulling strong. Between the tires/gearing upgrades and broken parts due to high speed wheelies, this engine is breaking the bank.

Here is a shot of the BUKU all mounted up an tuned for performance...and yes I do keep my pit desk clean. Got to, it's next to the beer fridge. LOL

When I got it, I said well it's not much to look at for sure, but the body will cover it. Let's just see if it's worth $109+free shipping. Read the book, mounted it up in 5 minutes. Put tunning plug in and fired it up. From the time I fired it up, the sound was worth at least $50 bucks. The deep rumble sound and smooth idle was like no other pipe I have heard. A couple WOT passes and a couple hours on the rich side, nice smoke from one side of pipe and small amount from the plugged side. Removed the plug and dude, the engine came alive like Frankenstein .

Low end and mid range was visibly enhanced, just nasty. Did not notice anything on the top(which I wanted badly). I leaned her out a couple hours and man, it was like I was running stock gearing 24/54 and I was running 26/54. It wheelied on command at anytime 1st or second gear. I ran inside to get my son and the Bushnell and on the first test run BAM. You see the picts. as "he.. double hocky sticks".

So guys that's it, can't take it anymore. As soon as it starts getting good, something happens. Even with tall gearing and fishing weights on the front, the power is just sicky, (under the gallon mark) and still getting stonger thanks to ADAM AT AB MODS With a heavy trigger finger like me, Jato needs something with less HP and more RPM to balance everything out, I can just drop this beast in my Revo. Maybe a nice high rpm on road engine would be better (hint hint). Will keep you guys posted.

BTW, here is a glimpse of the gear I put together, yep it is 26 tooth and works perfectly with Jato gear 54/53. I also have a 25 tooth to run with revo 36,38,40 tooth spur.. you just need power to pull it. If I cool off maybe I will try the 27/54 with the BUkU for a final run and post a video. Just need new tires first.

Thanks guys for all your help and support. Post up if you have any questions or comments. It's been fun watching this thread go to over 9,000 views.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Can't remember but didn't you modd your carb to fit? Many carbs are larger than the .26 carb, but most of them are not a direct fit. The O.S. 18TM/TZ and .21TM carbs are direct drop in carbs and are larger than the 3.3 carb. Most of the 7mm carbs guys have tried require modding the neck to fit. This is not an easy modd for most, for you it is. To clarify another point...I should have said con/rod instead of piston is weak, but often times if your rod fails it can damage your piston as well. That's why I said, not recommended (just being a responsible poster). The positive benifits of more fuel through the carb are certainly reality, but everyone fails to mention the negative potential damage it may cause.

I still say, you can't compare yourself to everyone else. Not everyone goes (3) years stripping only one spur gear LOL... yea I read your post.
    The RB 523 carb is direct fit and have a bigger venturi than the 3.3 and force .26
    I took a look pretty fast the other day at my TZ venturi and it doesnt look bigger than the 3.3 one, may be slightly but less than a force .26.
    The main advantage is the mid needle adjustement.

Oh and dont worry it wasnt to correct you by any mean, i was just curious where you can get carb for 40$ lol i would have buy one

Heres a carb i would test, but its $$$$
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGRT5&P=V

If you remove the insulator around the intlet it have a diameter of 12.96mm
    Wich is about the same diameter as the 3.3 carb. (12.98mm on mine)

Cant wait to see your Jato running
    ABmods

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good stuff man, (photbucket is crashed though cant see anything...)

Glad you like your ABmods .21TM

Do you ever thought about using foam tires? they will not explode.
    ABmods

RC Racer
    glade you like the buku. lot of doughters here. glade some one else stepped up to the plate and tried it and sees what i see wit hmine every time i run it.
    you probly didnt have to lean it you chould have put more tesnion on the adjustment for the inside spring a couple turns and whould have seen the top edn come alive with out leaning motor. lots of combos with the pipe have fun trying diffrent ones for tunning. you will love the endless tunning

Today was the last straw. Got off a little early to do some tops speed test runs with new BUKU and some gearing options and DANG!! This happened

Second pair of Dirt Hawgs in 2 months. In case you are wondering, that is the duct tape that came out of the tire when it overheated. The tire exploded at 54mph(Bushnell Velocity) and was still pulling strong. Between the tires/gearing upgrades and broken parts due to high speed wheelies, this engine is breaking the bank.

Here is a shot of the BUKU all mounted up an tuned for performance...and yes I do keep my pit desk clean. Got to, it's next to the beer fridge. LOL

When I got it, I said well it's not much to look at for sure, but the body will cover it. Let's just see if it's worth $109+free shipping. Read the book, mounted it up in 5 minutes. Put tunning plug in and fired it up. From the time I fired it up, the sound was worth at least $50 bucks. The deep rumble sound and smooth idle was like no other pipe I have heard. A couple WOT passes and a couple hours on the rich side, nice smoke from one side of pipe and small amount from the plugged side. Removed the plug and dude, the engine came alive like Frankenstein .

Low end and mid range was visibly enhanced, just nasty. Did not notice anything on the top(which I wanted badly). I leaned her out a couple hours and man, it was like I was running stock gearing 24/54 and I was running 26/54. It wheelied on command at anytime 1st or second gear. I ran inside to get my son and the Bushnell and on the first test run BAM. You see the picts. as "he.. double hocky sticks".

So guys that's it, can't take it anymore. As soon as it starts getting good, something happens. Even with tall gearing and fishing weights on the front, the power is just sicky, (under the gallon mark) and still getting stonger thanks to ADAM AT AB MODS With a heavy trigger finger like me, Jato needs something with less HP and more RPM to balance everything out, I can just drop this beast in my Revo. Maybe a nice high rpm on road engine would be better (hint hint). Will keep you guys posted.

BTW, here is a glimpse of the gear I put together, yep it is 26 tooth and works perfectly with Jato gear 54/53. I also have a 25 tooth to run with revo 36,38,40 tooth spur.. you just need power to pull it. If I cool off maybe I will try the 27/54 with the BUkU for a final run and post a video. Just need new tires first.

Thanks guys for all your help and support. Post up if you have any questions or comments. It's been fun watching this thread go to over 9,000 views.

RC Champion
    Good stuff man, (photbucket is crashed though cant see anything...)

Glad you like your ABmods .21TM
    Do you ever thought about using foam tires? they will not explode.
    Thanks Over revO. Means a lot coming from you. Any suggestions on a good on road engine. Need good tork and really high usable RPM. Thought about a high rev .21/possible Ninja or get Adam to do up an .18TZ (stage 2).
    Any thoughts?

Yea, been waiting on the New Jaco one's. Tower won't have them until end of month. Glad pics came back up. LOL

Heres a carb i would test, but its $$$$
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGRT5&P=V

If you remove the insulator around the intlet it have a diameter of 12.96mm
    Wich is about the same diameter as the 3.3 carb. (12.98mm on mine)
    Thanks for the tip, wondered a while back what the inlet size was.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by silverz98
    glade you like the buku. lot of doughters here. glade some one else stepped up to the plate and tried it and sees what i see wit hmine every time i run it.
    you probly didnt have to lean it you chould have put more tesnion on the adjustment for the inside spring a couple turns and whould have seen the top edn come alive with out leaning motor. lots of combos with the pipe have fun trying diffrent ones for tunning. you will love the endless tunning
    No problem, I like trying new things. I can't radar 0-60, but I can tell you with the BUKU it pulled that 26/54 to 54mph really fast. Wanted to get away from the stock pipe, felt like it was holding my engine back a little...it was.

Forgot about tunning the tension screw for more top end. Maybe I will try that with the 27/54... if I get the guts
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    id try the stage 2 ABmod 18tz...
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jusleanit
    id try the stage 2 ABmod 18tz...
    Just looked at the 18TZ last night. The engine may be cheap, but it would take a small fortune and to much work to get it going. It's no 5 minute drop in like the .21TM. Gotta mod the crank, mod the engine, get a starter box, or get the TM shaft, starter and back plate just to run the ez/pull or roto start. The plugs are even like $10 bucks a piece. Maybe $500- $600 before it's all over. What's another option. Need high RPM, maybe stock P9R will do it.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Racer
    Even a stock P9R will be insane! The P9R is a VERY potent engine. They dyno 2.1HP stock on my X-Dyno... and with a stage 2 modification I am geting 2.35HP out of them easy and having no problem spinning them to 50K on the dyno.. of course i let out about 45K or so.. But I have ran my P9R over 50K on the dyno and it was still going!!! The Picco P9R is a powerhouse!! The 21TM would be more in the lower to mid 1HP range. Its a great engine but the picco P9R big block onroad mill is just in another world of its own. Ask Over-Revo how his AB Mods P9R breaks the tires loose at 80+MPH on his 4 tec

IMHO I would play with the pipe and gear the Jato higher. Im sure that TM has plenty of power to pull higher gearing
    Adam Blevins
    World Record holding Engine Modifier

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt4g63
    Even a stock P9R will be insane! The P9R is a VERY potent engine. They dyno 2.1HP stock on my X-Dyno... and with a stage 2 modification I am geting 2.35HP out of them easy and having no problem spinning them to 50K on the dyno.. of course i let out about 45K or so.. But I have ran my P9R over 50K on the dyno and it was still going!!! The Picco P9R is a powerhouse!! The 21TM would be more in the lower to mid 1HP range. Its a great engine but the picco P9R big block onroad mill is just in another world of its own. Ask Over-Revo how his AB Mods P9R breaks the tires loose at 80+MPH on his 4 tec

IMHO I would play with the pipe and gear the Jato higher. Im sure that TM has plenty of power to pull higher gearing
    Thanks Adam, planned to e-mail you today. Sending PM now.

The P9R is way to much for a Jato, but maybe some one will give it a try. Modded 21TM is about all the HP it can take IMO. Hard to beleive that much improvement over stock.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The ABmods P9R is definatly a crazy mill!!!, and breaking 4 tires loose at 80mph was with a small block pipe , small block airfilter and still very new , not close to its full potential....

I agree with Adam, if you gear it high enought and may be remove the wing(probably make it wheelie too much at high speed) you will be able to get it going pretty fast with the .21TM.

Keep it going revonitro
    ABmods

RC Champion
    The ABmods P9R is definatly a crazy mill!!!, and breaking 4 tires loose at 80mph was with a small block pipe , small block airfilter and still very new , not close to its full potential....

I agree with Adam, if you gear it high enought and may be remove the wing(probably make it wheelie too much at high speed) you will be able to get it going pretty fast with the .21TM.

Keep it going revonitro
    Man I been scoping that P9R for some time. Thought it would be a beast. You picked the right engine to hit 90+mph. Traxxas tranny/drivetrain tougher than people think.

Thanks man for the pep talk. I will drop on the 27/54 tonight and try to pick up some tires tomorrow from LHS. The wing help to keep it planted, but for some reason it will still hit a crazy power curve and just flip it on its lid during acceleration.

Taller gearing help use the HP, just takes so much longer to get to the top. I need about the same power with about 40,000 rpms. Sounding more like a nice on road .21 to me.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have a friend that own a Jato and i set it up for a him last summer because it was too hard to control to its taste, i set the suspension to his liking and i tried to put the stock rear wing and install it on the front (on front of the body)

And that made a good difference he could go WOT sooner without being afraid to do the high speed wheelies almost flip thing lol

Playing with different setup will definatly be the way to get good top speed.

Cant wait to see vids of some top speed runs
    ABmods

RC Qualifier
    Man I been scoping that P9R for some time. Thought it would be a beast. You picked the right engine to hit 90+mph. Traxxas tranny/drivetrain tougher than people think.

Thanks man for the pep talk. I will drop on the 27/54 tonight and try to pick up some tires tomorrow from LHS. The wing help to keep it planted, but for some reason it will still hit a crazy power curve and just flip it on its lid during acceleration.

Taller gearing help use the HP, just takes so much longer to get to the top. I need about the same power with about 40,000 rpms. Sounding more like a nice on road .21 to me.
    Good to hear ya staying in the jato world!! I know you have been alot of help to me and alot of help to other people too!

RC Champion
    Good to hear ya staying in the jato world!! I know you have been alot of help to me and alot of help to other people too!
    Thanks redseal8, It takes a lot of time/testing and trial an error with so much power. I think Adam at Ab mods is just the king wehn it comes to engine modding. My .21TM is just sick, and still not tranny problems.

BTW, how you like your BUKU?
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    I have a friend that own a Jato and i set it up for a him last summer because it was too hard to control to its taste, i set the suspension to his liking and i tried to put the stock rear wing and install it on the front (on front of the body)

And that made a good difference he could go WOT sooner without being afraid to do the high speed wheelies almost flip thing lol

Playing with different setup will definatly be the way to get good top speed.

Cant wait to see vids of some top speed runs
    I will try that. Also playing with shift point and new tires. The new Jaco foams will probbaly be best. If I could get on it sooner without flipping or adding weight to the front, probably could add 2 or 3 mph easy in same distance. To bad Jato not 4WD like 4tec. Amazing how fast your car is, you will break 90, and I will break 70 or die trying.

Thanks Mike, you good guy.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Qualifier
    Thanks redseal8, It takes a lot of time/testing and trial an error with so much power. I think Adam at Ab mods is just the king wehn it comes to engine modding. My .21TM is just sick, and still not tranny problems.

BTW, how you like your BUKU?
    i have had trouble with my receiver and havn't got to really test it out yet. the little i did though i really liked it. im hoping i can get all that sorted out this week and get it tuned right and be ready to go! can't get the car to go past 50 yards without losing signal. Then just found out i have to have my gulbladder out this week too. so not a whole lot of time to drive the jato!

RC Champion
    Got a few PM's for the full list of engine X-Dyno list. Decided just to post it up. It is an old list, so just over look the prices.

Also, this information is just as dangerous as it is helpful. You need to have a good understand of engines HP...TORK....RPM and how it impacts the car you using it in to choose the right engine. You should also compare the weight(not shown) of the engines you consider. If you increase the overall weight of your Jato by 25% with a larger engine/chassis, you can reduce or eliminate any gains from the increase in power. Just food for thought. Enjoy!

Engine Hp X-dyno

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xtreme RC Car Engine Dyno Tests!

This is the most complete and up to date list of engine HP. The prices may be off. This is true corrected HP NOT MANUFACTURER RATED! I hope this helps clear up any myths or hearsay. Look there has been some confusion on these dyno results. This is a crank Dyno in a test condition. This is NOT a prop dyno. prop dynos are not accurate. this is the standard that most engine companies are going to. the 3 and 5hp is out this is what you will get at the crank with good tune and pipe without taking into account weather and altitude. With kit means it isn't normaly a retail sale engine.
    This is to keep the engine makers honest.

Company Engine HP TQ Peak RPM Part # Price

Associated MGT 4.6cc 1.10 @ 19,500 rpm 57.60 oz-in @ 17,750 rpm 34,250 rpm w/ kit n/a
    Associated AE.15 .44 @ 22,100 rpm 21.87 oz-in @ 20,100 rpm 33,100 w/kit

Axial Racing .28 Spec I S 1.43 @ 22,800 rpm 75.61 oz-in @ 18,000 rpm 35,000 rpm AX001 $160
    Axial Racing .32 same as the Racers Edge Sure Fire .32 with in a 10th in the Sure Fires favor

CEN NX-26 1.02 @ 23,200 rpm 53.00 oz-in. @ 18,000 rpm 33,200 rpm w/ kit n/a
    CEN X-76 .46 1.58 @ 21,250 rpm 74.88 oz-in @ 16,500 rpm 36,000 rpm w/ kit $299
    CEN OPS .21 speedster 1.27 @ 27,000 rpm 57.53 oz-in @ 19,200 39,800 rpm w/kit n/a

GS GS-R25MT 1.20 @ 24,000 rpm 55.68 oz-in @ 17,000 rpm 35,500 rpm w/ kit $230

HPI 18 SS 0.63 @ 29,500 rpm 24.96 oz-in @ 22,250 rpm 32,500 rpm w/ kit $170
    HPI Nitro Star F4.1 0.94 @ 20,250 rpm 48.60 oz-in @ 18,000 rpm 33,500 rpm w/ kit n/a
    HPI K4.6HO 1.28 @ 19,500 rpm 64.76 oz-in @ 19,500 rpm 32,000 rpm w/ kit n/a
    HPI Nitro Star K4.6 1.32 @ 22,250 rpm 59.52 oz-in @ 19,750 rpm 35,000 rpm w/ kit $200
    HPI Nitro Star GS 3.0 .56 @ 25,700 rpm 21.83 oz-in @ 25,500 rpm 36,300 rpm w/ kit

Kyosho GSR-26 0.94 @ 31,500 rpm 46.08 oz-in @ 14,300 rpm 34,250 rpm w/ kit n/a
    Kyosho GSR-28 1.16 @ 21,800 rpm 56.32 oz-in @ 19,600 rpm 32,800 rpm w/kit n/a

LRP Z .12R Team Spec.2 1.11 @ 34,500 rpm 32.46 oz-in @ 34,250 rpm 41,250 rpm LRP31201 $240
    LRP Z .28R Spec.3 Truggy 1.87 @ 27,200 rpm 70.77 oz-in @ 25,600 rpm 42,800 rpm

Mach .15 Rear Exhaust 0.65 @ 21,500 rpm 30.72 oz-in @ 11,000 rpm 29,500 rpm w/ kit $120

Max Power .12 S-3MF 0.91 @ 34,750 rpm 28.80 oz-in @ 30,250 rpm 43,000 rpm MX12MAXS2MF $349
    Max Power MX21M5 1.35 @ 24,500 rpm 55.68 oz-in @ 21,000 rpm 38,250 rpm MX21M5 $350

Mugen X12 SE 0.88 @ 21,500 rpm 28.80 oz-in @ 30,000 rpm 42,500 rpm X12S3 $290

Novarossi N21B 1.33 @ 22,750 rpm 59.52 oz-in @ 20,750 rpm 35,750 rpm N21B $199
    Novarossi N528XR Hott Mod 2.02 @ 26,250 rpm 80.64 oz-in @ 22,000 rpm 38,500 rpm N528XR $319
    Novarossi P5 1.46 @ 25,250 rpm 59.52 oz-in @ 22,000 rpm 37,750 rpm A2C201 $300

Novarossi 12-3CT 1.03 @ 33,500 rpm 31.32 oz-in @ 32,800rpm 42,000 rpm $395

O.S. .12TZ(S) T3 0.80 @ 34,000 rpm 24.96 oz-in @ 21,750 rpm 38,500 rpm 11371 $230
    O.S. 12 TR 0.65 @ 30,000 rpm 25.00 oz-in @ 23,250 rpm 39,350 rpm 11362 $130
    O.S. 12 TR-T Outlaw 0.73 @ 31,500 rpm 25.96 oz-in @ 27,250 rpm 41,000 rpm 11365 $160
    O.S. .18 TZ-T 1.18 @ 29,400 rpm 44.16 oz-in @ 21,750 rpm 42,050 rpm OSMG2114 $180
    O.S. VZ-B V-Spec 1.47 @ 24,250 rpm 61.20 oz-in @ 22,500 rpm 41,500 rpm 13890 $320
    O.S. 30VG 1.80 @ 26,500 rpm 74.88 oz-in @ 18,750 rpm 35,500 rpm 13960 $250

Ofna Hyper 21 8-Port 0.98 @ 20,750 rpm 49.92 oz-in @ 14,750 rpm 33,000 rpm w/ kit $150
    Ofna Force .26 1.02 @ 24,000 rpm 48.00 oz-in @ 19,500 rpm 38,500 rpm w/ kit $140
    Ofna/Picco P7-R Evo .21 1.47 @ 25,200 rpm 59.01 oz-in. @ 24,800 rpm 39,400 rpm 51218 $309
    Ofna Force .32 1.23 @ 23,000 rpm 66.07 oz-in @ 17,400 rpm 33,200 rpm w/kit
    Ofna Hyper MacStar 2.8 6 port 1.03 @ 23,400 rpm 44.82 oz-in @ 23,400 rpm 34,200 rpm w/ kit

Peak Diablo .12 Type-R 0.51 @ 25,550 rpm 21.10 oz-in @ 19,000 rpm 33,000 rpm PEK6006 $150
    Peak Diablo .28 1.33 @ 27,500 rpm 48.00 oz-in @ 22,000 rpm 40,800 rpm PEK6081 $170

Racers Edge Sure Fire .32 1.65 @ 21,750 rpm 74.80 oz-in @ 21,000 rpm 34,500 rpm RCESF10000 $200

Radical 621P 1.27 @ 26,150 rpm 52.06 oz-in @ 19,400 rpm 39,400 rpm kit n/a

RB Concepts V12 Rody 3T 0.95 @ 34,250 rpm 28.80 oz-in @ 28,750 rpm 44,750 rpm 1700-000445 $375

Rex R12S5 Outlaw 0.84 @ 34,750 rpm 26.88 oz-in @ 26,750 rpm 41,250 rpm RER12S5 $385
    Rex ReR5 5-port turbo 0.84 @ 34,750 rpm 27.00 oz-in @ 26,750 rpm 41,250 rpm ReR5S3 $320

Rossi Cobra .21 1.32 @ 25,600 rpm 52.45 oz-in @ 25,200 rpm 41,200 rpm 190AR21 $350

SH PT2002XB .21 1.21 @ 22,100 rpm 55.68 oz-in @ 19,750 rpm 39,000 rpm 147009 $229
    SH 0.28 1.22 @ 20,500 rpm 61.40 oz-in @ 14,750 rpm 38,450 rpm w/ kit $150

Sirio S12T3 EvoIII 0.79 @ 35,050 rpm 23.04 oz-in @ 22,000 rpm 40,750 rpm S12-TRP1 $200
    Sirio P21 PR Pro 1.46 @ 27,750 RPM 53.76 oz-in @ 26,250 RPM 41,000 rpm S12-TRP1 $200

Sportwerks 0.26 1.30 @ 26,750 rpm 53.76 oz-in @ 19,000 rpm 42,750 rpm w/ kit n/a

STS D30M 1.6 @ 25,000rpm 67.99 oz-in @35,000rpm 35,000rpm $130
    STS28 is the same peak HP is at a lower rpm band than the STS D30M

Super Tiger G-27CX 0.86 @ 17,250 rpm 50.70 oz-in @ 16,250 rpm 30,250 rpm w/ kit n/a

Tamiya FR-15S 0.48 @ 30,250 rpm 21.12 oz-in @ 13,000 rpm 36,500 rpm S21 PR Pro $350

Team Losi Mach 427 1.31 @ 26,750 rpm 53.80 oz-in @18,750 rpm 43,250 rpm w/ kit n/a

Thunder Tiger Pro .21 0.92 @ 21,750 rpm 57.60 oz-in @ 16,750 rpm 37,750 rpm w/ kit n/a
    Thunder Tiger Pro 28 BXR 1.10 @ 19,500 rpm 57.60 oz-in @ 17,750 rpm 34,250 rpm w/ kit n/a

Top TS12S3 0.77 @ 31,000 rpm 26.88 oz-in @ 20,250 rpm 41,750 rpm TSR12S3 $299

Traxxas TRX 2.5 Rear Exhaust 0.69 @ 29,750 rpm 30.72 oz-in @ 18,750 rpm 38,500 rpm w/ kit $120
    Traxxas TRX 3.3 Pullstart 1.06 @ 31,250 rpm 37.49 oz-in @ 19,500 rpm 37,750 rpm w/ kit $152

Trinity 427 Monster Horsepower 1.02 @ 24,250 rpm 48.00 oz-in @ 19,250 rpm 38,100 rpm w/ kit n/a
    Trinity .30 Adam Drake 1.44 @ 21,750 rpm 55.68 oz-in @ 27,000 rpm 36,250 rpm TRI40006 $215
    Trinity .21 Adam Drake 1.48 @ 25,400 rpm 57.72 oz-in @25,400 rpm 41,000 rpm TRI40012 $465
    Trinity .21 Platinum Drake 1.58 @ 26,200 rpm 61.03 oz-in @25,800 rpm 40,600 rpm w/ kit

Werks Racing Collari B7 1.54 @ 26,000 rpm 59.52 oz-in @ 23,750 rpm 36,650 rpm WRXLC21B7 $250

Xray NT18 w/ kit n/a

XTM XTM 24.7 1.27 @ 23,000 rpm 61.44 oz-in @ 16,750 rpm 37,250 rpm w/ kit $140

Thanks to Derek at Xtreme RC Magazine.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion

XRC Magazine Article/AB Mods

Even on the 5th or 6th page, this thread keeps getting hits. LOL. Must be some good stuff to go over 10,000 views. Thanks a lot guys.

Here's another great article about the man Adam Blevins of AB Mods. You see here what he did with my .21TM. "Time for you to get AB Modified".

I should have my new mill back from him this week. A new build and new thread coming soon. Enjoy dudes

REVO LRP .30x

RC Qualifier
    do you have any bigger pictures of that article so it is easier to read
    2CH3NO2 + CH3OH + 3O2 → 3CO2 + 5H2O + N2 =Jato Fun

RC Racer
    Thanks Revonitro I appreciate it and Im very glad you are happy with the work on your mill bro.

They do have a typo in that article on my dyno sheet. They said red line instead of green.... But its pretty obvious to figure out when u read the article that its a typo. That and I have that dyno on file This has been posted on other forums where u can read it well but im not sure if its against the rules to post up links to other forums on here?? So I will just see if Revonitro has some bigger pics of it.
    Adam Blevins
    World Record holding Engine Modifier

RC Champion
    These are better, but difficult to do to meet the size requirements and still read. Maybe they will be nice and just shrink it a little so we can still enjoy.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...on02/AB1-1.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...on02/AB2-1.jpg

Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-15-2008 at 04:51 PM.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt4g63
    Thanks Revonitro I appreciate it and Im very glad you are happy with the work on your mill bro.

They do have a typo in that article on my dyno sheet. They said red line instead of green.... But its pretty obvious to figure out when u read the article that its a typo. That and I have that dyno on file This has been posted on other forums where u can read it well but im not sure if its against the rules to post up links to other forums on here?? So I will just see if Revonitro has some bigger pics of it.
    Anytime Colt, well deserved as the article shows. These guys gonna be amazed when I drop my new suprise mill on them.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC poster
    I'm looking at getting the OS .21TM engine. Which manifold do you use with it? I see the Revo or T-maxx manifold for this engine. Not too familar with the Revo or the T-Maxx. Also, are there any additional parts needed to drop this motor in my Jato.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Anytime Colt, well deserved as the article shows. These guys gonna be amazed when I drop my new suprise mill on them.
    lol......they sure will. mite as well start a new thread

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cmnpcso
    I'm looking at getting the OS .21TM engine. Which manifold do you use with it? I see the Revo or T-maxx manifold for this engine. Not too familar with the Revo or the T-Maxx. Also, are there any additional parts needed to drop this motor in my Jato.
    I used the RS4 header, I think my entire setup is way back on page one of the thread. That is a pretty good header for running the stock pipe.

I would just get a better pipe if you have the extra dough. You will see a noticeable difference in performance. I just picked up a Picco 2607 pipe for my PICCO JLR .12. Go to the thread a look at the pitures. The pipe stinger is much larger than the stock pipe, and the RS4 header will almost fit inside that header.

No additional part are needed. Just pull out the 3.3 and drop in the .21TM. You can even use ez or rotostart w/same OWB.

Quote Originally Posted by jusleanit
    lol......they sure will. mite as well start a new thread
    Got that thread up bro. Preciate all the help. My hit you up if I get stuck. This starter box thang is new to me.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-26-2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: merge
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    4 sho...jus gimme a shout

RC Champion

19/36 gearing

Guess I have to again use the words of my dude..jusleanit. Don't hide it, divide it."

I have run the 19/36:1 ratio many times in testing my modded and .21TM. Very few others ever seem to get it to fit. Me either at first, but it was so close, just a mm or so. This is simply what I did.

Remove the engine from the mount. Inside the tracks that the screws slide on you get build up of grease and fuel. This attracts a lot of dirt and grime. Over time build up preventing the engine to slide freely as far back and forward as is can. There was my problem.

Clean the mount and underneath the engine. Spray WD-40 in the tracks and re-install engine.

Now flip the Jato over and loosen the 2 rear screws and remove the 2 front slide screws and repeat.

Instlall the 2 screws back, but keep all 4 very loose, and flip the Jato back over. Now that the engine will slide all the way up, try to get the CB and SG to mesh. It should be close enough to work, but the SG will shread. To get a perfect mesh, use any flat wedge to brace between the block and the battery tray to keep the engine in place while you tighten the 2 back scres first, then the 2 front.

Simple, but hope this helped someone. It worked perfectly for me.

BTW, both 19/38=2.0:1 and 20/40=2.0:1. Same primary ratio, but the 19/38 is faster.

The 19/36=1.89:1 and it is even faster, if you have the power to pull it.

If you can figure out a way to gear your Jato under the 2:25:1 stock ratio using the same .08 pitch as the stock gears. It will be even faster than the 1.0 pitch revo gears. Even if the ratio is slightly shorter, but that's another discussion. Gotta go mow the lawn.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Qualifier
    Guess I have to again use the words of my dude..jusleanit. Don't hide it, divide it."

I have run the 19/36:1 ratio many times in testing my modded and .21TM. Very few others ever seem to get it to fit. Me either at first, but it was so close, just a mm or so. This is simply what I did.

Remove the engine from the mount. Inside the tracks that the screws slide on you get build up of grease and fuel. This attracts a lot of dirt and grime. Over time build up preventing the engine to slide freely as far back and forward as is can. There was my problem.

Clean the mount and underneath the engine. Spray WD-40 in the tracks and re-install engine.

Now flip the Jato over and loosen the 2 rear screws and remove the 2 front slide screws and repeat.

Instlall the 2 screws back, but keep all 4 very loose, and flip the Jato back over. Now that the engine will slide all the way up, try to get the CB and SG to mesh. It should be close enough to work, but the SG will shread. To get a perfect mesh, use any flat wedge to brace between the block and the battery tray to keep the engine in place while you tighten the 2 back scres first, then the 2 front.

Simple, but hope this helped someone. It worked perfectly for me.

BTW, both 19/38=2.0:1 and 20/40=2.0:1. Same primary ratio, but the 19/38 is faster.

The 19/36=1.89:1 and it is even faster, if you have the power to pull it.

If you can figure out a way to gear your Jato under the 2:25:1 stock ratio using the same .08 pitch as the stock gears. It will be even faster than the 1.0 pitch revo gears. Even if the ratio is slightly shorter, but that's another discussion. Gotta go mow the lawn.

thanks a lot you saved me a lot of time searching through the now 10 page thread, although it is full of usefull information and reading through it again wouldnt be such a bad thing. Hopefully this method will work well for me when i get a chance to try it out.
    2CH3NO2 + CH3OH + 3O2 → 3CO2 + 5H2O + N2 =Jato Fun

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by clegg
    thanks a lot you saved me a lot of time searching through the now 10 page thread, although it is full of usefull information and reading through it again wouldnt be such a bad thing. Hopefully this method will work well for me when i get a chance to try it out.
    Glad you got it to work for you. I forgot to mention something in the PM.

I tested a lot of diff. pitch gears. I found out that by removing or adding the spacers you can raise or drop the engine bringing the gears closer together or wider apart when changing form .08 to 1.0 pitch gears. This gives even more flexibilty.

I even modded the chassis to run taller gears. They work well, but not for everyday use, just high speed runs like the revo gears. A stock geared Jato will blow your doors off. You may be fast on the top, but no quickness on the bottom.

With tall gearing you need a run way before the gearing kicks in.....like 500-600ft. or more, and I only have 350-400 tops, so I had to get on it early to hit top speed fast. That caused high speed wheelies. But if you have the distance the .21TM has the power to push the gears.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Qualifier
    hey revo how did you get the 19t c/b to fit wil 36 and 38t s/g when i push mine back the carb hit on the trans. case and won't let me get a gear mesh. forbes said something like i might have to dremel the carb some to get it to go back. Didnt you say you ran that combo with the .21??

RC Champion
    hey revo how did you get the 19t c/b to fit wil 36 and 38t s/g when i push mine back the carb hit on the trans. case and won't let me get a gear mesh. forbes said something like i might have to dremel the carb some to get it to go back. Didnt you say you ran that combo with the .21??
    not the carb... the case...
    i just read a post from him.. let me see if i can find it
    been there bought that

RC Champion
    Go back to post 355 and just follow it. Clegg got it to work as well on his .21TM. Did you take the engine spacers out, if not...that's it.
    REVO LRP .30x