Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato25n33
    Whatever you say. That guy who makes the metal tranny gears makes them for a reason. What speeds are you getting with the OS21? If its not much over 75mph, then to me, it was a waste.
    No offense, but top speed isn't everything. If it had the same top speed as the 3.3 but better bottom end torque, it'd be awesome. The top speed of the Jato 3.3 out of the box is very fast, with a few tweaks it'll break 70 MPH. How often do you find yourself hitting 70+ MPH though? IMO I'd rather have torque than speed, I find myself using it much more.

I've got a 3.3 4-Tec, but I doubt I've ever had it past 50 MPH yet, just bashing around instead of risking my car trying to go as fast as possible.

RC Racer
    LOL, yeah Revo, those tires were an attempt to find a tire that wouldn't wear out tread so quickly.
    Pros: Tread is appearing to last almost forever. No question about wheelies(could prolly pop wheelies even sittin' on 2 stix of butter) decent high-end. Very good handling, really no spills whem wheelin and also high-speed turnin'(note--dont recommend using the same size tire for fronts)
    Cons:Stock tranny gears life will be shortened in my experience.
    Very fun for playin' in the yard and various surfaces, wheelies on everything with 20t clutchbell/ stock 54t spur.
    Jato3.3,CVDshafts,RedTurnbuckles

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I wish that there was a place around here to run in the dirt like a track or to get top speed runs in.
    What do you guys think os 18tz with the stuff to make it work or os 21tm?
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy
    No offense, but top speed isn't everything. If it had the same top speed as the 3.3 but better bottom end torque, it'd be awesome. The top speed of the Jato 3.3 out of the box is very fast, with a few tweaks it'll break 70 MPH. How often do you find yourself hitting 70+ MPH though? IMO I'd rather have torque than speed, I find myself using it much more.

I've got a 3.3 4-Tec, but I doubt I've ever had it past 50 MPH yet, just bashing around instead of risking my car trying to go as fast as possible.
    So you're saying the 3.3 doesnt have enough low end? If you are, you are clearly wrong. The 3.3 has a very nice power band through all RPM's. If you look at a Jato box, it says 0-60mph in 4secs. It has plenty of low end power. If the OS has more low end, who cares? You will probably flip the truck on its lid with more low end power. If you want more low end, why not just gear down or get the 3.3 modded?

I have 2 Jatos. 1 is strictly for on road, high speeds. The other is for off-road. They both have 3.3 motors in them. When I drive my off-road Jato, I find that even the 3.3 is too powerful to be driven in dirt. I cant imagine how a OS21 would be off-road in a Jato, probably horrible though. Maybe if the Jato was
    4WD, having an OS21 might be a better idea.

To me, having any huge engine is a Jato is pointless. I know people like to be unique and try different things and thats fine. But I see it as overkill.
    Race Revo, Street Jato

RC Champion
    i saw the setup with the coyotes ......great tired for straight line running i they grip grip and grip even in below 30 temps just dont turn to well they didnt hurt my tranny though .......
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by n3.3d_for_sp33d
    I wish that there was a place around here to run in the dirt like a track or to get top speed runs in.
    What do you guys think os 18tz with the stuff to make it work or os 21tm?
    The problem you have with top speed runs is distance. With the power and gearing I have, it will probably take 300 to 350ft of straight flat surface to hit top speed. The lot I run in is 25 parking spaces about 250 ft., and you need 25ft to stop. At about 225ft, I was clearly still picking up speed when I had to slow down. I installed my wheelie bar upside down yesterday and the wheels almost touch the ground. That should get me to second gear faster without 50mph wheelies. High of 65% tommorow, will try it out and get some video if it dries up.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Racer
    Good idea about the upside-down wheelie bar. That crossed my mind the other day. I'm gonna try that as well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    try the new era wheelie bar upside down. The newera wheelie bar is good on street but don't try it off road when you are flipping, it bends.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by n3.3d_for_sp33d
    try the new era wheelie bar upside down. The newera wheelie bar is good on street but don't try it off road when you are flipping, it bends.
    That's the one I have. Did you try it yet on-road upside down? How did it work?
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Racer
    Naw....that was mt next move this evening except my tranny(the alum. gears, 1st speed part of them) gave out on less than 2 tanks....I even installed them in a new tranny case!!!! Pics to follow shortly.

Had these gears 2 dang days.....
    Last edited by NitroBlur; 02-22-2008 at 07:29 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroBlur
    Naw....that was mt next move this evening except my tranny(the alum. gears, 1st speed part of them) gave out on less than 2 tanks....I even installed them in a new tranny case!!!! Pics to follow shortly.

Had these gears 2 dang days.....
    thats not what i wanted to hear , sorry for the carnage , but mine should be here tomorrow
    if it aint broke dont fix it...need bigger ramp

RC Racer
    Also, check your PMz.....

RC Qualifier
    you should have a pm from me

RC Qualifier
    what nitroblur has there is what i did to 2 plastic gears last weekend with about 4-5 tanks ,this is not looking good for the al. gears

RC Champion
    BTW, that gear at the bottom of the pic. looks like it will fit over the clutch and is the same pitch as the Jato CB.?
    REVO LRP .30x

So you're saying the 3.3 doesnt have enough low end? If you are, you are clearly wrong. The 3.3 has a very nice power band through all RPM's. If you look at a Jato box, it says 0-60mph in 4secs. It has plenty of low end power. If the OS has more low end, who cares? You will probably flip the truck on its lid with more low end power. If you want more low end, why not just gear down or get the 3.3 modded?

I have 2 Jatos. 1 is strictly for on road, high speeds. The other is for off-road. They both have 3.3 motors in them. When I drive my off-road Jato, I find that even the 3.3 is too powerful to be driven in dirt. I cant imagine how a OS21 would be off-road in a Jato, probably horrible though. Maybe if the Jato was
    4WD, having an OS21 might be a better idea.

To me, having any huge engine is a Jato is pointless. I know people like to be unique and try different things and thats fine. But I see it as overkill.
    I see where you're coming from, I had a 2.5 in one of my Jatos and just sold my 3.3 Jato (traded, actually). The 3.3 is very powerful, and has a lot of torque. The 3.3 in my Revo got it going pretty well, and my 4-tec is an absolute tire shredder with the 3.3, but like you said if he wants another engine more power to him.

RC Racer
    WOW I thought the metal gears would hold up with no problem. Are the ebay bronze one everyone is talking about any better?
    Last edited by JATOJUNKY3.325; 02-22-2008 at 11:30 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JATOJUNKY3.325
    WOW I thought the metal gears would hold up with no problem. Are the ebay bronze one everyone is talking about any better?
    I thought the same thing. Just so happens those gears are made of aluminum compared to the bronze Jatomadness gears on Ebay. Bronze happens to be the strongest and hardest metal alloy you can get other than steel, and is corrosion resistant. Much better than aluminum, justifies the difference in price of the two sets, but does not inlcude the rear differential gears.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by revonitro
    That's the one I have. Did you try it yet on-road upside down? How did it work?
    nope, I didn't counter sink the other side of them. I might if my jato wheelied more but it is pretty controleable. But onece it gets up it is great.

RC Champion
    Are those aluminum gears from HOT Racing? Aluminum gear to aluminum gear in a high torque load application is not normally good. What happened to those gears is exactly what I was affraid would happen. My Jatomadness gears showed up today and they look nice, hope to try them out soon.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think they are hot raceing but I don't know.
    Maybe I could give my friend all my tranny gears and the diff cover and have him make them out of steel. It could be a asignment or something for him. Or I could wate afew years till my 3rd year in highschool and make them then.

RC Champion
    The Jatomadness BRONZE gears are the way to go.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by daparrothead
    The Jatomadness BRONZE gears are the way to go.
    Keep us posted on how they perform. I notice they don't include the differential gears like the aluminum set. Is that a problem, or is it just the four gears they include that typically cause all the problems? My CVD's came with new spider gears, and the differential seems fairly strong.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Racer
    Yes, these alum. gears are Hot Racing. Tom, notice the gear I'm holding in the last pic....no notches in it to be able to adjust the gear change timing when installed in the tranny case!!! Back to square one for me......knew I shoulda bought those Bronze gears. I'll probably end up replacing with the plastic stock over and over.
    I check the slipper several times throughout a session. I know its not locked tight. I about to throw my hands up and go for something else :/

RC Competitor
    cant find the jatomadness bronze gears , does someone have a link to it ?
    thanks.

RC Champion
    Actually it looks like to me that Jato madness may have left the diff gear plastic intentionally, something need's to be the sacraficial lamb LOL!! I haven't actually stripped any, but a friend of mine went tru 2 plastic sets and it waisted the same ones as pictured above in the aluminum.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbodz88
    cant find the jatomadness bronze gears , does someone have a link to it ?
    thanks.
    I have Jatomadness saved in My Ebay, and the gears are not available right now. I have watched them for a month or so and he usually relists them a day or so after the auction ends.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by daparrothead
    Actually it looks like to me that Jato madness may have left the diff gear plastic intentionally, something need's to be the sacraficial lamb LOL!! I haven't actually stripped any, but a friend of mine went tru 2 plastic sets and it waisted the same ones as pictured above in the aluminum.
    I agree, that makes a lot of sense to do. I just checked and the diff gear set is less than $7 on Ebay. Not to bad if they don't go often. I looked at his feedback, and you would think he has sold a ton of those gears, but I could only find about 6 or 8 sets sold. Wonder why, when so many have tranny problems?
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    I think they probly sell them somewhere besides just Ebay, have you tried emailing them directly about buying the gears? I would like to have just the aluminum diff plates but so far I can't get Hot racing to sell just the plates. The only way to get the plates is to buy a full set of the gears that come with them and I don't want the plates bad enuff to buy the complete gear set.

RC Champion
    Yea, when I was going to be the gears I e-mailed them a few times. Kinda slow, but they responded back. Didn't know enough about it at the time to ask about the diff gears, but did ask about larger clutch bells, and he was going to try and get some made, and let me know. Don't blame you, that is two much to spend for just the diff. gears.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    OK guys, I promised some video today, and here it is. This is at tank 10 w/25% nitro and slipper 1 1/4 turns out. Tune is ok, but still slightly rich, w/temps at end of run 223%, w/header loose. Believe me, it still has a lot left.

BTW, please don't flame my lovely wife on the camera, she did everything she could to keep up.

[IMG][/IMG]
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroBlur
    Good idea about the upside-down wheelie bar. That crossed my mind the other day. I'm gonna try that as well.
    Tried the upside down wheelie bar trick. That experiment failed miserably. Wheels just to low to the ground to gain traction, just spin out. I will try to just put it in a vice and bend it down a little. That should do it.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Qualifier
    my al. gears looked looked like yours after about 6-7 tanks , got the plastic ones in there so i'll be ready for another session tomorrow

RC Champion
    It's totally un-driveable now. Even with a working wheelie bar....why would you want to do wheelies all day? You can do that with a 2.5.

Whats the point of such a big motor again?
    Race Revo, Street Jato

RC Qualifier
    wow that thing is a wheelie king im gonna get one of those when my rb modded 3.3 dies
    MY JATO IS FASTER THAN YOUR JATO

RC Champion
    Hahaha! You guys are so funny!

I truly don't understand why you need a OS21......
    Race Revo, Street Jato

RC Champion
    Hahaha! You guys are so funny!

I truly don't understand why you need a OS21......
    You don't need it man, you just want it. The factor is off the charts. If you say that is undrivable, you definatley couldn't handle my revo with the .27 in it. I intentionally punched it at the worst possible times to test the tranny on video for everyone to see it is holding, maybe not for long... but it is.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by revonitro
    I have Jatomadness saved in My Ebay, and the gears are not available right now. I have watched them for a month or so and he usually relists them a day or so after the auction ends.
    any idea what they cost ?

RC Qualifier
    I think the .21 on the jato is cool

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbodz88
    any idea what they cost ?
    This is an old link, but is has the information you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180180725783
    REVO LRP .30x