Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Crazy
    agree w/ revonitro. try NOT to touch the 3rd needle, set it flush w/ the body.
    There are 4 screws on the .21tm. What 3 are u guys referring to?

RC Champion
    Probably the mid speed needle. the one on the opposite side of the carb in comparison to the LSN.

Edit: this thread is still getting posts !
    R/C is expensive...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_K1d
    Probably the mid speed needle. the one on the opposite side of the carb in comparison to the LSN.

Edit: this thread is still getting posts !
    Not for a while, but still getting views. 21,907 and counting.

I said a while back that when I was done with the AB modified stage(2) O.S.21TM project I would give out the gearing I was using. I forgot until I just saw the pictures on my Photobucket when posting a few pics in another thread.

After trying the revo gearing and still having the power to pull even taller gearing, I had to go custom.

This gearing is wicked....if you don't know what you are doing, you can smoke your clutch, the gearing or even your engine. As you can see from the pics taken last year some time, both the Revo combo and the Jato combo mesh perfectly and have been tested numerous times by me.

Here are both combo's I came up with. Both Revo and Jato pitch .08 and 1. I will let you guys count the teeth yourself to come up with the nasty gear ratio I was running.

REVO LRP .30x

RC Competitor
    I'm back in this thread! Been away for while (not jail), but flying edf jets. anyways got my .21 jato going again and it ran just awesome. I need a refreshing answer in regards to traxxas clutch shoes for the o.s. .21 jato. Should I use the clutch shoes for the revo 3.3 or jato 3.3? Revo are bigger, but is there a differnce in spring tension also. I'm at don't have the time today to read through the thread and find the answer, but i'm running the cars after work today so I'm crunched for time. I know aftermarket types are better, but for the amount of time left in my season traxxas's will work just fine. Thanks guys.
    Jato o.s.21TM,19/36,7075-T6 Chasis/DC Res

all the Trx clutch shoes are the same size. do you mean the clutch bell?
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Champion
    They are the same. No need for snappier clutch engagement with the .21TM. The stock clutch will do.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Competitor
    the part numbers are the same, but the revo part number has an x after it. Also the one supposedly for the revo looks a little bigger and I maybe the spring tension might be a little tighter.

Is there a way or any parts out on the market to change the 2nd gear gearng to get a higher top end speed? increase or descrease the pinion gear teeth?

Also what do you guys think about THS header and pipe for this .21

RC Competitor
    reason I ask this about changing the 2nd gear is because I came across these pinnion gears for 2ndgear for the jato. I have tried every cb and SG combo. I like the 18/36 and 19/36 for high speed. I figure if I could just get more top end 2nd gear gearing with the 18/36 combo my high top end speed will be better. I only use my os jato for high speed running for the most part. 100-150+ yards at a time.

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=58750

http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=58752

RC Champion
    You can gear it taller like in the pictures I posted, but not sure about trying to change the internal tranny ratio...
    REVO LRP .30x

RC poster
    will this clutch bell work with the os 21 tmaxx engine and whats the best spur gear combo 34 36 ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racers-Edge-...-/230790179845