Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Tried the conda's...30 series Dirt Hawgs...2.2 foams....now the 30 series Road Rage. These better be good, not many options left.

REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Trying to help a friend out on these gears, very little time left. My tranny is holding up fine, but some of you BB guys may need them. BTW, stay away from the aluminum gears, these are bronze.

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...&rand=91660860
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What did you do to make the rims black?
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by n3.3d_for_sp33d
    What did you do to make the rims black?
    Remove as much chrome from the face of the wheels as possible, leaving them white. I use nail polish remover (contains acetone). You can get plain acetone for about $3 bucks, but I just borrow a little remover from the wife.

I then dye the wheels using Rit Dye. I like the liquid instead of the powder. This covers that white, for when you scuff the black paint, you see no white peeking through.

After they were completly dry, spray painted with black gloss Fusion paint. It is very good spray paint, made for plastic.

Then I usually finish with a urethane finish or clear coat, but for these I just applied (3) good coats of the black fusion. They looked so good, I left them alone.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by revonitro
    Tried the conda's...30 series Dirt Hawgs...2.2 foams....now the 30 series Road Rage. These better be good, not many options left.

great job i like the blacked out look
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MRB1GG
    great job i like the blacked out look
    Thanks bro. Just trying to build a fast Jato while keeping it looking nice as well. No hack job here. LOL

Tested the 30 series RR's today, outside temps only about 75%. Have to rate them a couple notches above the conda's, but maybe a notch below the Dirt Hawgs. The RR's may get you a little more on the top, but the knobs on the Dirt Hawgs seem to hook up better off the line.

Ran tests with 29/54=1.86, close to the 19/36=1.89. Will test 25/38=1.52 and 25/40=1.60 and posts results while waiting to get the Bushnell.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    i aggree 100% if you going to build a fast car it has to be good looking too hehehehehe great job

RC Champion
    Anybody know which Bushnell radar gun to get, both are the same price?

http://www.opticsplanet.net/buve10frups.html

http://www.opticsplanet.net/busspeedrads.html
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Qualifier
    Hey revo i seen where you posted in the other forum bout the 20/38 not best for high speed. Well crap thats what i was running! what have you had the best luck with? should i just pop it up to 20/40 or will that be a noticable diff.

And did you ever find you a carb that was bigger that would fit in the .21?

RC Racer
    Little off topic but what wing is that? Do you notice it helping with grip and/or flight on jumps?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by redseal8
    Hey revo i seen where you posted in the other forum bout the 20/38 not best for high speed. Well crap thats what i was running! what have you had the best luck with? should i just pop it up to 20/40 or will that be a noticable diff.

And did you ever find you a carb that was bigger that would fit in the .21?
    Forget the gear ratio theory, not a perfect science, more a guide IMO. The lower the ratio doesn't necessarily mean a faster top speed. It all depends on how your engine responds to it. Every engine is different, some 3.3 won't even wheelie, some wheelie with 20/40. Some have BUKU pipes/bigger carbs, less weight different tires, etc. All impact gearing. Your unmodded 21TM may need to be geared different than mine modded. I would try all 19cb and 20cb combos and test from there to see what you like. 20/36 is fast for me, but it takes a lot longer to top speed.

Found a carb, but it is $60 bucks. Think I will stick with the stock carby, it is much larger than the 3.3 carb, so you need at least 8mm or 9mm to make it worth it. After I upgrade my pipe, that's it. The Jato just doesn't handle the extreme power well.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by t0adman
    Little off topic but what wing is that? Do you notice it helping with grip and/or flight on jumps?
    My Jato is just on road for now, but it does protect your engine head and body. It looks good mostly, but does create some downforce, can never tell how much it helps on grip. Forgot which one it is, but go back to page 1 or 2., the info is there.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 60TrimCivic
    a little off topic but do you really got the 4g in a colt???? thats the most amazing swap for a grocery getter... ive got 2 dsm's with 6 bolts and i know how much of a handful the 4g can be in a dsm i couldnt imagine a colt... lol but all im saying is if you pulled that swap off id def. trust this guy modding my 3.3.... do you do any machine work on cars?
    Yeah I have had a original turbo 89 colt and an original turbo 89 Mirage both with the 4g63 swaps down in them. The Colt was on a stock engine and a Forced Performance Green Model turbo and made right around 480 WHP.. The Mirage had the engine that I now have in my fully built 91 AWD talon that has well over 600WHP without the spray . But it was pointless in that car as all it would do is spin . Thats why its in my 91 AWD Talon now

I see your from Chicago. My best friend Eric Jones works and drives AMS's drag EVO. Which is the worlds fastest EVO 8 and the highest HP EVO in the world. You prolly have heard of AMS.. if your into the 4g63 engines or EVOs and u live in Chicago its a safe bet SO needless to say my EVO is AMSed out to the max lol. Put a AMS GT35R turbo kit, AMS FMIC, full 3 inch AMS exhaust, shep trans, Exedy twin disc clutch, JUN 272 cams with dual valve springs and retainers, Presicion 880cc injectors... etc etc list is way too long. Here is a dyno sheet of my EVO VIII that I daily drive that was done up at AMS just a couple weeks ago. Engine is still on stock ECU BTW. Its the highest stock ECU EVO to be dynoed at AMS as well at 560.7HP at all 4 tires on there chassis dyno. We stopped there as I want to keep the stock internals together haha. Look for AB Mods and the EVO and my GSXR 1000 along with myself and my X-Dyno in an up coming XRC mag article.

Heres the dyno sheet of the EVO for you to check out.
    Adam Blevins
    World Record holding Engine Modifier

RC Champion
    Old article on getting your Jato to 65mph. Great tips...enjoy!

REVO LRP .30x

RC Competitor
    sow you consider the Dirt Hawgs tires better than the road rages for street
    TRAXXAS REVO 3.3 AND JATO 3.3

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioec
    sow you consider the Dirt Hawgs tires better than the road rages for street
    Absolutely!!! With my power, they just spin the entire time, never hooking up completely, had to adjust shift point...hitting second in 2ft. Ran two tanks w/them on Thursday evening and was so dissapointed. I ordered another set of Torque wheels and a pair of Dirthawgs to replace the one I ripped(see thread), had them overnighted..glued/mounted last night and ran tomight. The performance is not even close, even after treating RR's with compound. Unless the RR's get better w/time...I will never own another pair.

BTW, I see you from Miami. A few guys had Ninja .21 and 35 plus in Jato down there. They have the fastest Jato 67-72mph....you know them?
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Absolutely!!! With my power, they just spin the entire time, never hooking up completely, had to adjust shift point...hitting second in 2ft. Ran two tanks w/them on Thursday evening and was so dissapointed. I ordered another set of Torque wheels and a pair of Dirthawgs to replace the one I ripped(see thread), had them overnighted..glued/mounted last night and ran tomight. The performance is not even close, even after treating RR's with compound. Unless the RR's get better w/time...I will never own another pair.

BTW, I see you from Miami. A few guys had Ninja .21 and 35 plus in Jato down there. They have the fastest Jato 67-72mph....you know them?
    i dont have the modded 21 but i have traction problems also i tried a few tire combos and believe it or not the anaccondas have been the best so far i gotta tape them though they balloon big time

RC Competitor
    I just install this morning some Dirt Hawgs on some torque wheels and they rock....some much better than the anaccondas they grip like crazy. I have a new set of road rage tires and 30 series wabash wheels that I'm going to put for sale..... my next engine after I kill my 3.3 is going to be the O.S. 21TM

About the guys from Miami I don't know anybody I'm new to the hobby.
    TRAXXAS REVO 3.3 AND JATO 3.3

RC Champion

1/8 foams, thats what I am going to get next.
    Race Revo, Street Jato

RC Champion
    i have the 1/8th foams but havent run them yet burned up a set of anacondas .....revonitri what rear tiebar are you running ? the stock 4 degree ?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato25n33
    1/8 foams, thats what I am going to get next.
    Wise move. I thought about it after the failure of the RR's. That setup was just so much more expensive with the tires and hexes. May be well worth it in the long run though.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Wise move. I thought about it after the failure of the RR's. That setup was just so much more expensive with the tires and hexes. May be well worth it in the long run though.
    before you go with the 1/8th foams jaco has some foams specifically for the jato,rustler,stampedes ......give them a look

RC Champion

RC Champion
    i have the 1/8th foams but havent run them yet burned up a set of anacondas .....revonitri what rear tiebar are you running ? the stock 4 degree ?
    yea stock. no problems hooking up anymore since I put on the DirtHawgs.

I told you I would let you know about the gears. Started my test runs with the 29/54. After 2 or 3 passes, engine began to bogue down badly and speeds dropped from like 56 to 51 and temps climbed. It shifts into second, but with little acceleration. Now I hate I modded the chassis to fit that dang thing. At least I can tell you facts. Tallar gearing isn't everything, just part of going fast. The crazy thing wheelied at 56 on the first test run with weights on the front.

Will try the 27/54 this week and let you know, I think about 58-60 max, it still may be slightly over geard. 26/54 may be the sweet spot.

BTW, I will show you how I made the gears as promised, so you can try as well.

You decided on a pipe yet? I think you can add maybe 1 to 3 MPH to those test runs with a good pipe, or am I way off?
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Great find MRB1GG. You da man. A little less the buying the Ofna setup and the 17mm hexes. I will check Tower now to see if the have them. With those tires, I may be able to pull the taller gearing.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Old article on getting your Jato to 65mph. Great tips...enjoy!

how do you make that wheelie bar? I want to put one of them on my e-jato when I get it done.

RC Champion
    how do you make that wheelie bar? I want to put one of them on my e-jato when I get it done.
    Click the picture and then blow it up to get a good look. He tells the materials he used to do it.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Qualifier
    hey this might have been answer earlier in the tread but i don't feel like going back to find it! But what % of nitro u using? I was using 20% it wasn't bad but i was thinking bout getting some 33%

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Click the picture and then blow it up to get a good look. He tells the materials he used to do it.
    what car did he take the turnbuckles from?

RC Champion
    I don't think it states what specific car I think from the looks of it you can use jato turnbuckles ....the long ones

RC Champion
    before you go with the 1/8th foams jaco has some foams specifically for the jato,rustler,stampedes ......give them a look
    Those look nice. I'll probably pick up a set this week. Nice find!
    Race Revo, Street Jato

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato25n33
    Those look nice. I'll probably pick up a set this week. Nice find!
    I think I'm going to get me some too

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by redseal8
    hey this might have been answer earlier in the tread but i don't feel like going back to find it! But what % of nitro u using? I was using 20% it wasn't bad but i was thinking bout getting some 33%
    Yea man, back through 8 pages...LOL. I broke the engine in with 20%, then sent it to be modded and changed to 30%. Engine runs cooler by about 10 or 15%. Also since modded I don't have to run it nearly as hard to get great performance and still good on fuel.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    Here is a link for the Lunsford rods. They are expensive, so I would just use the traxxas one's like MRB1GG said.

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    I think I'm going to get me some too
    From where? I checked Tower and a couple other sites...all on backorder. Maybe the first shipments not in yet. Guess I can get rid of the 2.2 foams and the 30 series RR's.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here is a link for the Lunsford rods. They are expensive, so I would just use the traxxas one's like MRB1GG said.

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc
    yea, I was thinking of useing the traxxas ones. So just use the lower turnbuckles for the jato?

RC Racer
    OS Max 21TM Engine w/11K Carb Traxxas T-Maxx

Is this the same one you guys have?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bjt42069
    OS Max 21TM Engine w/11K Carb Traxxas T-Maxx

Is this the same one you guys have?
    Yep, that's it. Here is a pic. of both. Note the T-maxx version has the ball on the end of the carb arm that fits the Jato. The arm is only $5 bucks if you get a better deal on the Revo version.

http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2082.html
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Racer
    185 a good price for the motor?

RC Qualifier
    That is a real good price for the motor!!
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe