Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by n3.3d_for_sp33d
    can you keep it on all 4 tires and hit top speed?
    I couldn't before with 20/38 so I added 3 ounces of lead weights to the front and that solved the problem. With 20/36 no need for the weights, I had to punch it hard to get the front up, but it would. With my modded custom CB/SG combo wheelies are rare, it kinda skims the ground at take off/second gear, but no need for the wheelie bar anymore.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroStench
    I got a cheap idea for weight addition to the front end... Zip ties and a couple things of lead pellets, just use a torch to melt them and smooth them in their container so the weight is even... just might work and would be really cheap.
    That does work. Before I re-geared, I added 3 ounces of lead fishing sinkers to the front shock tower, that kept it on all fours.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Racer
    Hows that tranny holding up with that .21? I'm thinkin' bout going with different brand engine. The 3.3 has failed too mant times in less than 3 months.
    Jato3.3,CVDshafts,RedTurnbuckles

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroBlur
    Hows that tranny holding up with that .21? I'm thinkin' bout going with different brand engine. The 3.3 has failed too mant times in less than 3 months.
    All over the half gallon mark and Tranny is still holding strong. I have actually tried, wanted to buy the Jatomadness gears but the tranny wouldn't cooperate and believe me, I run hard with 30% and a tighter slipper. The engine is getting stronger, so it may eventually go, but I am more than happy. Some said it would only hold a tank or not even through breakin. They were wrong.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Enthusiast
    Whats the os equivalent (power wise) of the trx 3.3?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato2theMax
    the equiv. is 3.41
    http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2082.html
    Last edited by NitroBlur; 03-10-2008 at 08:26 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato2theMax
    Tried to get the x-dyno specs for both stock and modded, were not available and you can't always go by manfact. stock comparisons. It would probably be closer comparing a modded 3.3w/carb upgrade.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by revonitro
    That does work. Before I re-geared, I added 3 ounces of lead fishing sinkers to the front shock tower, that kept it on all fours.
    Nice same basic idea as the pellets, nice to see im not the only one with these idea's floating around hehe

RC poster
    Tried to get the x-dyno specs for both stock and modded, were not available and you can't always go by manfact. stock comparisons. It would probably be closer comparing a modded 3.3w/carb upgrade.
    What carb mods are available for the 3.3?

RC Champion
    have u contacted ab mods... he has an x dyno at his shop///
    for corb upgrade in the 3.3.....
    where do you wanna start?
    been there bought that

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by forbes
    have u contacted ab mods... he has an x dyno at his shop///
    for corb upgrade in the 3.3.....
    where do you wanna start?
    I think Jato2theMax wanted the comparison between the two engines. The x-dyno comparison is available for the 3.3, but not for the O.S.21TM yet.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecher LaPoon
    What carb mods are available for the 3.3?
    Don't run that engine, check the title fo the thread, but I think they run the Ofna Force 6mm carb direct drop in or the 7mm modded on the 3.3. To be sure, check with forbes, he knows everything you can imagine about the 3.3, AB Mods and the carb upgrade and will be happy to help you.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Competitor
    Hey guys, I recently swapped out my 3.3 for a picco max .26 I'm having serious tranny issues. I keep stripping all the gears. I see you mentioned Revo gears, give me some details please. Oh and by the way, I found anodized aluminum transmission parts for the jato from HOTRACING, I just ordered them, hope they last longer or else im putting in my new O.S. 18TM, I'll have to cut my losses and drop the .26 in my T-MAXX. CHECK OUT MY JATO IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE.

RC Racer
    You will regret geting the alum. ones from HR....they lasted me about 2 tanks.....get your money back if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=NitroBlur]Naw....that was mt next move this evening except my tranny(the alum. gears, 1st speed part of them) gave out on less than 2 tanks....I even installed them in a new tranny case!!!! Pics to follow shortly.

Man this thread is full of info on running a stronger engine than 3.3, w/gearing and all. Hope you didn't buy those cheap aluminum gears yet. This info was posted a couple pages back.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    Update: For anyone that thought an O.S.21TM Jato was sick. Guess what???????????????????????I just got AB MODIFIED!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Got my engine back from Adam at AB mods and ran five tanks today. This is my first modified engine and ...................speechless!! I have no idea what was done, but it is no longer an O.S.21, maybe an O.S.23 on steroids.LOL. I could here it from the time I fired it up it was going to be a beast. I lossened the slipper and took it easy on tank one and two, but on tank three, geared down from 1.4 to 1.8 adjusted the shift point, tightened the slipper to 3/4 turns and tried to rip the drive train right out.

[IMG][/IMG]

The result...yep, that's right...just a couple of shredded dirthawgs, but no damaged CVD's and NO SHREDDED TRANNY GEARS!! Replaced the dirthawgs with the condas, leaned the LSN and HSN 1 hour each, ran two more tanks and dude, talk about crazy fast RPM much, much higher from bottom to mid, and crazy torque, and I never hit top speed. LOL. This is true . Over the 1/2 gallon mark still getting faster and faster each tank.

Next stop carby upgrade, just tore out the carb on a old 3.3 to use the neck on my Siro .27 carb, looks like 9mm, just got to get the guts to do it. From there maybe a better pipe or tryout my JP-4. LOL Will keep you guys posted.

BTW off road grass/dirt and gravel was even more fun until the dirthawgs blew out.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

congratulates !!

if possible a video would be great.

RC Racer
    Yikes thats nutty! I wondered what you were up to. I was just working on my own .21 Jato a few minutes ago. The video of yours has inspired me

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Awesome, I need to see a video. I think after spring break I am getting a 18tm and then sending it out to ab mods.
    No more money for rc trucks I got 1:1 truck

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony S.
    Yikes thats nutty! I wondered what you were up to. I was just working on my own .21 Jato a few minutes ago. The video of yours has inspired me
    Thanks, got a few more tricks up my sleeve. Learning a lot about the Jato, it is a great platform with endless possibilities if you think outside the box. Good luck on your install. Just post up, or PM me if you have any ?'s.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    send the carb to me ill mod it for you , i have done a siro before.... u picked the hardest one to do....lol

as for u guys gettin the ab mods, when u talk to him tell u know me...
    he tends to put a lil extra in there for my referalls...
    i have known adam for a lil while now and he has done several engine for me and my friends, and my LHS stocks his modded engines in stock. i mean for 250 bucks round about u can have a new modded 3.3..... if ya'll want one i'll hook you up with right people
    been there bought that

RC Champion
    send the carb to me ill mod it for you , i have done a siro before.... u picked the hardest one to do....lol

as for u guys gettin the ab mods, when u talk to him tell u know me...
    he tends to put a lil extra in there for my referalls...
    i have known adam for a lil while now and he has done several engine for me and my friends, and my LHS stocks his modded engines in stock. i mean for 250 bucks round about u can have a new modded 3.3..... if ya'll want one i'll hook you up with right people
    forbes, thanks for the offer man. I will try one more time on another carb. If I get stuck I will PM you and send it to TEXAS. LOL. Mean time how about checking the O.S. 21 VZB-V SPEC carb for me while in the shop, can' t find the sleeve/neck measurements on any site. Be nice if it drop right in my 21TM.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Competitor
    looking at ordering the O.S21 TM engine for my jato , which engine do i order , is it the one for T maxx or the one for Revo . or do they both bolt straight into the jato ?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbodz88
    looking at ordering the O.S21 TM engine for my jato , which engine do i order , is it the one for T maxx or the one for Revo . or do they both bolt straight into the jato ?
    Grear choice for the Jato. You can order either, whichever you can get the best deal on, $200 all day long on Ebay. The carb arm on the T-maxx version has the ball, Revo version is flat with no ball, but for about $6 bucks you can get an arm or just pull one from another engine. Just post up if you have ?'s.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    as always man... good job....
    what area u live in man? would like to run against u just for fun....
    those lil engines run and even more so with the ab mod.... aint he awesome?
    been there bought that

RC Champion
    Thanks, way out on the East Coast. Yes, AB Mods exceeded my expectations. Also, if the VZB-VSPEC carby thing don't pan out, may need a tutorial on modding another carb. Need at least 8mm to be worth it.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    for the os 21 right? i'll have my wife post these pics in a sec... i got one in my hand right now i think....
    been there bought that

RC Competitor
    i been lokking on tower hobbies , what i am meaning is they list the engine with Tmaxx header or the Revo header , does it matter which one i order or do they both fir the JAto the same .Just want to make sure i am ordering the right engine.

RC Qualifier
    Tried the carb upgrade today. 2hrs. of failure and a waisted 3.3 carb. The Sirio carb neck is just to big to grind down and fit even after boring out the 3.3 carby. For me, the Ofna 7mm carb is little improvement over th 6.4mm O.S. carb. Any suggestions?

RC Racer
    what i am meaning is they list the engine with Tmaxx header or the Revo header , does it matter which one i order or do they both fir the JAto the same .Just want to make sure i am ordering the right engine.
    You can't use the header for either of them for the swap so it doesn't matter which you get. If you get the T-Maxx one it will have the ball type lever on the throttle linkage you need for the Jato.
    The Revo needs a ball type throttle lever to be swapped on.
    If you have a choice go with the T-Maxx.

RC Champion
    hotbodz, if you do end up with the Revo version, this is all you need. If you go back to the first coupleof pages, I show the header install, and here is that link as well.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFBA0&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDGC2&P=7
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TRX-Traxxas-Man
    the 8mm RB concepts 523 carb wont do?
    Yea, the 8mm will be worth the investment if I can get a good deal on one, but seems like they are just as difficult to come by as the Force .26. and maybe a little finicky to tune so I here. Not giving up yet though.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    for the os 21 right? i'll have my wife post these pics in a sec... i got one in my hand right now i think....
    forbes, thanks for checking man. I think it may have a 15mm sleeve. I will never get a 13mm over that.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Qualifier
    http://www.podiumrc.co.uk/product-108057.php

heres a tm323 carb it says 8mm tho
    gonna cost ya like $104.00 around :O if i caculated the pounds to dollars right

got it from this list
    http://www.podiumrc.co.uk/partmakesearch-RB.php
    2- 2.5Tmaxx Jato2.5R Vintage: Bullet, Hawk, N-Hawk

RC Champion
    i sent u a pm... call me i have some options for u
    been there bought that

RC Champion
    i sent u a pm... call me i have some options for u
    No PM. Tell me man...tell me!! Been researching carbs for 2 weeks now with no luck.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TRX-Traxxas-Man
    http://www.podiumrc.co.uk/product-108057.php

heres a tm323 carb it says 8mm tho
    gonna cost ya like $104.00 around :O if i caculated the pounds to dollars right

got it from this list
    http://www.podiumrc.co.uk/partmakesearch-RB.php
    Thanks for the info, but man that's a big sticker.
    G4/V15
    IGT2/P9R
    Revo/.21TM
    Walbern PRO-MOD

RC Qualifier
    lol ya it is
    2- 2.5Tmaxx Jato2.5R Vintage: Bullet, Hawk, N-Hawk

RC Racer
    You guys are going to make me blush lol Thanks for the compliments guys. Greatly appreciated!!

Adam Blevins,
    AB Mods
    Adam Blevins
    World Record holding Engine Modifier

RC Champion
    and there is the man....
    been there bought that